Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Peyton Gets Cut Or Retires.....

presto123

I just want to say thanks. The league is not the same without you. But really what I wanted to say is can we get a statue commissioned for right outside LOS? There is a Michael Jordan statue right outside United Center and I put Peyton right there in that legendary status. I don't want to write him off just yet but a think it would be a great gesture by the city that he put on the map.

I just want to say thanks. The league is not the same without you. But really what I wanted to say is can we get a statue commissioned for right outside LOS? There is a Michael Jordan statue right outside United Center and I put Peyton right there in that legendary status. I don't want to write him off just yet but a think it would be a great gesture by the city that he put on the map.

I would bet big money on their being a Peyton statue in front of LOS at some point after he retires..

I thonk this is city's business.

I thought of naming a sector in LOS after him.

In Hungary buildings, geographical sites can't be named after a living person...so I personally wouldn't like to see LOS renamedd... brrrrr

If you got the $$$ you can do whatever you want in the US...

Manning will get a statue first, then I truly believe he will buy a % of the team from Irsay... Manning will be a Colt forever.

At least I hope...

Even if he goes and plays for another team... it happens to the best of them. Montana, Unitas, Moon, Stabler, Tark, Favre, Warner, Esiason, McNair, Cunningham, Namath....

Age, injury, and "circumstance" do not discriminate when it comes to smart business decisions.

For Manning to be a Colt "nest season" I think they will need to do some serious contract reworking... I don't see it.

I don't want to go deep into it, as I don't have as many insight to cap-issues, contracts, etc. as Irsay and Payton have. I think (hope?), if Peyton will be healthy and ready to go, they will figure out sg. to retain Manning.

I don't want to go deep into it, as I don't have as many insight to cap-issues, contracts, etc. as Irsay and Payton have. I think (hope?), if Peyton will be healthy and ready to go, they will figure out sg. to retain Manning.

They are wealthy enough to hire consultants and lawyers to figure it out.

If you got the $$$ you can do whatever you want in the US...

Manning will get a statue first, then I truly believe he will buy a % of the team from Irsay... Manning will be a Colt forever.

At least I hope...

Even if he goes and plays for another team... it happens to the best of them. Montana, Unitas, Moon, Stabler, Tark, Favre, Warner, Esiason, McNair, Cunningham, Namath....

Age, injury, and "circumstance" do not discriminate when it comes to smart business decisions.

I agree about the statue and possibly being involved with the team.

However, I see no reason for Irsay to sell part of the team to manning unless he's strapped for cash.

I certainly wouldn't give up any % of the team if i owned it. What would be the advantage to Irsay?

Just more cooks in the kitchen.

Its a family business. You keep it that way, or sell the whole thing.

I agree about the statue and possibly being involved with the team.

However, I see no reason for Irsay to sell part of the team to manning unless he's strapped for cash.

I certainly wouldn't give up any % of the team if i owned it. What would be the advantage to Irsay?

Just more cooks in the kitchen.

Its a family business. You keep it that way, or sell the whole thing.

I can totally see Irsay, in the future, hooking Manning up with a "piece of the pie" ...

And in all honesty.. Irsay should, Manning saved his teams sorry butt. Indy was very close to "moving" again. Plus, Manning is a very "football smart individual" .... Irsay has proven to be....... horrible when running the show.

I really do see Manning buying into the Colts.

What if Manning were to go win a Superbowl elsewhere?

Then you shake his hand and tell him job well done.

But that possibility is meaningless to the decision Irsay has to make right now. If Irsay determines that not paying the bonus and releasing him is in the long term best interest of the team, that is what he does with no regard for Manning does after.

Then you shake his hand and tell him job well done.

But that possibility is meaningless to the decision Irsay has to make right now. If Irsay determines that not paying the bonus and releasing him is in the long term best interest of the team, that is what he does with no regard for Manning does after.

I meant if he wins a SB elsewhere (and breaks some career records), do you still put the statue up outside LOS?

I meant if he wins a SB elsewhere (and breaks some career records), do you still put the statue up outside LOS?

Let's expand on that. What if he plays 5 years for another team and brings them 2 SBs (or more, ala Brady)?

I know that doesn't change what he did for the city, but then you're putting up a statue of a guy who had his greatest moments elsewhere.

I can totally see Irsay, in the future, hooking Manning up with a "piece of the pie" ...

And in all honesty.. Irsay should, Manning saved his teams sorry butt. Indy was very close to "moving" again. Plus, Manning is a very "football smart individual" .... Irsay has proven to be....... horrible when running the show.

I really do see Manning buying into the Colts.

I see Manning as the GM or Coach in the future, heck, why not both!

Let's expand on that. What if he plays 5 years for another team and brings them 2 SBs (or more, ala Brady)?

I know that doesn't change what he did for the city, but then you're putting up a statue of a guy who had his greatest moments elsewhere.

I think the biggest surprise here would be him actually playing for 5 more years! lol

But yeah. Still put up the statue.

I say we cross that bridge if we come to it.

Which we won't.