Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Mixon not invited to NFL combine

4 hours ago, OneNation said:

Here's a different question that I haven't really heard anyone ask yet: It's obvious the NFL is making moves to show owners they don't want Joe in the league (such as not inviting him to the combine). Assuming Joe gets drafted, or not even drafted, if he makes a teams final 53, will Goodell try to put him on the commissioners exempt list like he did Ray Rice?

Not a chance. There are guys in the league that have done way worse. Tyreek Hill plead guilty to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend and received three years of probation. He didn't end up on the exempt list.

Also, I don't believe they're making moves to show they don't want him, because they do (why wouldn't they want a stud RB?). They're just out for positive PR, especially when it comes to any instances with women being physically assaulted.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, OneNation said:

Here's a different question that I haven't really heard anyone ask yet: It's obvious the NFL is making moves to show owners they don't want Joe in the league (such as not inviting him to the combine). Assuming Joe gets drafted, or not even drafted, if he makes a teams final 53, will Goodell try to put him on the commissioners exempt list like he did Ray Rice?

I don't think anything is obvious at this point.     The memo about not allowing people with criminal records to come to the combine came out a year ago.     This is NOT designed to keep Joe Mixon or anyone else like him from being in the NFL.     It's designed to try and keep the NFL's image a little cleaner during a marquee event like the combine.     And it's designed to give at least some incentive for athletes to try and stay clean and out of trouble or risk not being invited tot he combine.      Players want to be at this event.    Not being there is not helpful.

Goodell won't touch the kid unless either something additional surfaces in this case,  or a new case happens.

Joe Mixon will not be an any exempt list unless something new surfaces and that is not expected.....

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Not a chance. There are guys in the league that have done way worse. Tyreek Hill plead guilty to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend and received three years of probation. He didn't end up on the exempt list.

Also, I don't believe they're making moves to show they don't want him, because they do (why wouldn't they want a stud RB?). They're just out for positive PR, especially when it comes to any instances with women being physically assaulted.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't think anything is obvious at this point.     The memo about not allowing people with criminal records to come to the combine came out a year ago.     This is NOT designed to keep Joe Mixon or anyone else like him from being in the NFL.     It's designed to try and keep the NFL's image a little cleaner during a marquee event like the combine.     And it's designed to give at least some incentive for athletes to try and stay clean and out of trouble or risk not being invited tot he combine.      Players want to be at this event.    Not being there is not helpful.

Goodell won't touch the kid unless either something additional surfaces in this case,  or a new case happens.

Joe Mixon will not be an any exempt list unless something new surfaces and that is not expected.....

Agree completely about it being a positive PR move. Also agree on him not making it onto any exempt list should he make a final roster.

3 hours ago, James said:

Ask yourself: would you take Tyreel Hill on the Colts right now? If the answer is yes, then you want Mixon too.

Fortunately, Jim Irsay has the final say.  And having listened to Polian and Grigson talk about Irsay, the chances of the Colts taking Mixon are slim and none.

I'd draft him nothing bad about him but that and it happened while he was barely an adult..don't condone domestic violence but drafting him is not about him dating our female friends/family it's about him helping the team..I don't see people talking about big bens multiple rape allegations 

2 hours ago, will426 said:

I'd draft him nothing bad about him but that and it happened while he was barely an adult..don't condone domestic violence but drafting him is not about him dating our female friends/family it's about him helping the team..I don't see people talking about big bens multiple rape allegations 

That's because there is a difference between allegations and guilt.  And some still refer to him as Rapethlisberger.

5 hours ago, BOTT said:

Fortunately, Jim Irsay has the final say.  And having listened to Polian and Grigson talk about Irsay, the chances of the Colts taking Mixon are slim and none.

This is THE important issue for the Colts and Joe Mixon.

And I agree with you.     I think the chances are incredibly small that Irsay would say yes.

But that's if Ballard wanted him in the 2nd or 3rd round where I think he's got a decent chance of getting drafted by some other team.

But I think there's a small chance that Irsay might consider saying yes on Day 3.    WHEN on day 3 is the question for me.     R4?    R5?      Grigson used to publicly say "No knuckleheads until R5."      So, is that where Irsay might say yes?       I don't know.       You think he might not say yes to any round,  and you may be right.

With 31 other teams, plus Irsay having the final call, plus our overwhelming needs on defense,  one would have to reasonably believe that our chances are very, very small to ever draft Mixon.

I just find the issue interesting.     Then again,  I'm a little odd that way!    

On 2/4/2017 at 7:16 AM, CR91 said:

Joe is not draftable imo now. Someone might take a chance in the 7th round. He's this year's burflict. Tremendous talent, but horrible character.

Hell be drafted way before that, can say he made a huge mistake but you don't know anything about him. Wait until the interview process before saying he has horrible character

3 hours ago, Tmoney said:

Hell be drafted way before that, can say he made a huge mistake but you don't know anything about him. Wait until the interview process before saying he has horrible character

Interview process is done at the combine. Now teams can't talk to him until his pro day which puts him behind the other prospects

On 2/3/2017 at 6:57 PM, Shive said:

I find it intriguing how the video changes everything. There were so many people on here that wanted Greg Hardy (DV but no video) and I bet a lot would like Tyreek Hill on the team too (choked his pregnant g/f, but no video).

Mixon has one incident where he had a momentary fit of rage after being provoked, while intoxicated. Other than that, he's been completely out of trouble and since the incident has been in anger management therapy. This is not domestic violence, and while I don't agree with his actions, it was 3 years ago and he was an 18 year old kid. If his interviews tell you that he has learned from his mistake, I'd draft him as high as the 3rd.

With the new GM here and the risk taken in KC with T. Hill and one other player, that worked out extremely well for KC. I wonder if Ballard does a repeat and takes a risk on a young player with baggage and a clear directive to him if he gets picked and signed, one mistake like that that leads to attention put onto the team because of action you partake in, you will be cut and it's not likely that other teams will jump in to take a 3rd chance on a rb. I'd support taking any player with any issues providing the player has shown it's not a pattern, has made any issues since the big event he caused and he is vetted thoroughly enough for the team to feel he isn't a threat to the team. A pacman jones type guy, no way would I have taken on that guy in the draft with his baggage. A ray rice type, with 1 instance we know of, different story. The GM will be in control and we have to trust his evaluation until we see he can't make good decisions in multiple choices. 

4 hours ago, Jdubu said:

With the new GM here and the risk taken in KC with T. Hill and one other player, that worked out extremely well for KC. I wonder if Ballard does a repeat and takes a risk on a young player with baggage and a clear directive to him if he gets picked and signed, one mistake like that that leads to attention put onto the team because of action you partake in, you will be cut and it's not likely that other teams will jump in to take a 3rd chance on a rb. I'd support taking any player with any issues providing the player has shown it's not a pattern, has made any issues since the big event he caused and he is vetted thoroughly enough for the team to feel he isn't a threat to the team. A pacman jones type guy, no way would I have taken on that guy in the draft with his baggage. A ray rice type, with 1 instance we know of, different story. The GM will be in control and we have to trust his evaluation until we see he can't make good decisions in multiple choices. 

I agree. My thing is a pattern of behavior. People make mistakes. It's the ones consistently making poor decisions that I steer clear of. I saw someone on here earlier making a comparison to Burfict. Not even close. Burfict had attitude issues, on field and off, got in trouble, tested poorly at the combine, and bombed interviews. He was seen as an aggressive player that was a subpar athlete and would not be worth the risk of drafting. Mixon is none of those things. 

14 hours ago, CR91 said:

Interview process is done at the combine. Now teams can't talk to him until his pro day which puts him behind the other prospects

2shay on the interviews being done at combine didn't think that through haha:p. But I really do think he's ganna get drafted, hate me if you will, I really hope were the ones who draft him

22 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

2shay on the interviews being done at combine didn't think that through haha:p. But I really do think he's ganna get drafted, hate me if you will, I really hope were the ones who draft him

Nobody is gonna hate you man. Anyone who hates you for wanting to give someone a second chance has their priorities all wrong.

I've made it clear I want us to draft my guy as well. He's gonna represent NorCal and the Bay Area strong wherever he goes!

13 minutes ago, OneNation said:

Nobody is gonna hate you man. Anyone who hates you for wanting to give someone a second chance has their priorities all wrong.

I've made it clear I want us to draft my guy as well. He's gonna represent NorCal and the Bay Area strong wherever he goes!

He is from Cali huh?? I thought so good looks man I've been wondering. He's my favorite prospect this year my boy if we hypothetical got him, ima be rocking that #25 in that blue oooooo baby

Just now, Tmoney said:

He is from Cali huh?? I thought so good looks man I've been wondering. He's my favorite prospect this year my boy if we hypothetical got him, ima be rocking that #25 in that blue oooooo baby

Yessir. Played at Freedom High School in Oakley, California. About 50 miles East of San Francisco. I went to school at Antioch (watch out for our beast coming soon as well Najee Harris who is about to be a freshman at Alabama) right down the street from him and know him and his family. Good guy despite what people are saying about him. He was a senior the year after me and played against him in basketball as well. Loyal is how I'd describe him. 

You know we do it big in California man!!!

On 2/5/2017 at 7:45 AM, BOTT said:

If Jim irsay knows whats good for him he'd keep his mouth shut, and let Chris Ballard add some talent to this roster

8 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't think he's getting drafted...

He interviews decently and I think he's getting drafted. There are tons of guys with longer rap sheets that get drafted every year. He's a 1st round talent. Those don't go undrafted, but he'll definitely fall a few rounds..

On 2/3/2017 at 3:30 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I would be kind of disgusted if we drafted him. There are plenty of other RBs in this draft who don't have baggage like Mixon.

But if we take him and he's a top 10 RB in the league what will you say then? They dont have the baggage, they also dont have the skill and talent Joe does

44 minutes ago, Shive said:

He interviews decently and I think he's getting drafted. There are tons of guys with longer rap sheets that get drafted every year. He's a 1st round talent. Those don't go undrafted, but he'll definitely fall a few rounds..

Your so right my dude. He's not going top 25 like he should, but he's going probably day 2. What a steal if he makes it to day 3. If he's there in the 3rd that's a 1st round value for the cost of a 3rd. I'll take that.

57 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't think he's getting drafted...

Have you watched his tape dog? I know morales come into play as a GM, but this kid isn't okay he isn't even just good, he's pretty dam special man. that's an opinion of course, but Im the shizz and real recognize real

On 2/3/2017 at 6:41 PM, COLTS449 said:

Didn't know all that. I thought he actually punched a woman and I didn't realize it was that long ago. In that case I agree with you, but GM's wont. He'll be there at least with one of our 4's, and we should take him. double up on RB's in the 4th. Mixon and one of Gallman, Mack, or Hunt. One of those 3 should be there.

But the simple fact it......Joe Mixon is an elite talent. He's a 2nd rounder all day in THIS class. But hopefully we take the opportunity to steal away a borderline 1st round talent in the 4th round. Or the 3rd. He is going to be a feature back bet on it. I'm talking the total package. An all around back. A back who can give us 1,000 plus yards rushing at over 4YPC and 400 receiving yards on top. Legit, 3 down, feature back. Anytime a talent like that falls the mid rounds you gotta jump on it.

But I say Cook and Fournette go in round 1. McCaffery EARLY in the 2nd, followed by Kamara, then I think all of Mack, Mixon, Hunt, Perine, Gallman all go anywhere from the late 2nd to the late 4th. Just like last year with Howard, Perkins, Booker, and so on. So IMO, assuming Mixon falls to the 4th one of those 5 guys above will be there in the mid 4th.

He did punch a woman, although she attacked him first.  Not saying that is an excuse just offering facts.  And yes, it was in 2014.

I just don't see it. How many of you finally get the job of your dream...then go out the first day (effectively first big decision) and rush out on a limb. There are many other backs that will be just as good in the draft or in FA to not have to put this on your plate. Would you rather answer questions about guys on the field performances the day after the draft standing there with their jerseys or answer how in your first draft you basically went against 20 yrs of Colts culture and history to sign the biggest media nightmare kid in the draft. I don't think Ballard wants that presser. Maybe after a few years and some equity in the organization maybe but he will already be under a microscope inside the organization and outside. How will this guy lead...what kinda example will he set...all his scouts personnel people everyone will be watching to see how he will lead. I don't think taking Mixon will be the impression or message he will want to send. If Mixon made it unfrafted all bets are probably off but sorry I'd say it's a long shot. Weed is one thing...a mistake most can live with. You don't have women's groups protesting your organization and you don't have to have special interviews just to address it. Generally it goes away if the players stays clean too. This won't ever go away. Ever. It will get brought up weekly and something like a SB....forget it non-stop. Just not something I think a first time GM wants on his plate.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

I just don't see it. How many of you finally get the job of your dream...then go out the first day (effectively first big decision) and rush out on a limb. There are many other backs that will be just as good in the draft or in FA to not have to put this on your plate. Would you rather answer questions about guys on the field performances the day after the draft standing there with their jerseys or answer how in your first draft you basically went against 20 yrs of Colts culture and history to sign the biggest media nightmare kid in the draft. I don't think Ballard wants that presser. Maybe after a few years and some equity in the organization maybe but he will already be under a microscope inside the organization and outside. How will this guy lead...what kinda example will he set...all his scouts personnel people everyone will be watching to see how he will lead. I don't think taking Mixon will be the impression or message he will want to send. If Mixon made it unfrafted all bets are probably off but sorry I'd say it's a long shot. Weed is one thing...a mistake most can live with. You don't have women's groups protesting your organization and you don't have to have special interviews just to address it. Generally it goes away if the players stays clean too. This won't ever go away. Ever. It will get brought up weekly and something like a SB....forget it non-stop. Just not something I think a first time GM wants on his plate.

Wow... Over exaggerate at all?!? 

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

I disagree wholeheartedly with the bolded.

17 hours ago, esmort said:

Wow... Over exaggerate at all?!? 

not sure what you felt I exaggerated but I think it's a fair analysts of how a leader in an organization looks at things.

13 hours ago, OneNation said:

I disagree wholeheartedly with the bolded.

That's fine. I think on the field he is a nice back but nothing stands out as this kid being a super star. He certainly isn't the best back in this draft that's clear and one might argue not even the best back on his team in college. I know he's your boy and I respect your fandom but nothing about him screams that he is lock to hit it big time in the league.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

not sure what you felt I exaggerated but I think it's a fair analysts of how a leader in an organization looks at things.

That's fine. I think on the field he is a nice back but nothing stands out as this kid being a super star. He certainly isn't the best back in this draft that's clear and one might argue not even the best back on his team in college. I know he's your boy and I respect your fandom but nothing about him screams that he is lock to hit it big time in the league.

Nobody that has watched significant film that I have heard would suggest Perine is a better back than Mixon at the next level. Stoops didn't even believe that anymore when towards the end of the season Joe won the starting role.

I disagree that he doesn't do anything that stands out. He has exceptional vision, and is the best receiving back in this draft bar none. He has above average speed. I don't see where the "doesn't do anything that stands out" idea came from.

16 minutes ago, OneNation said:

Nobody that has watched significant film that I have heard would suggest Perone is a better back than Mixon at the next level. Stoops didn't even believe that anymore when towards the end of the season Joe won the starting role.

I disagree that he doesn't do anything that stands out. He has exceptional vision, and is the best receiving back in this draft bar none. He has above average speed. I don't see where the "doesn't do anything that stands out" idea came from.

It's fine. He's your guy. There are plenty of evaluators that differ from your opinion. I think he is a good back. I don't see great. I don't see AP...I don't see Emmit Smith or Eric Dickerson or Barry Sanders. He doesn't jump off the screen at me. Also Perine was hurt last year...but I'm not so sure he isn't a better prospect than Mixon. Mixon isn't perfect...he fumbles more than I like and doesn't play behind his pads how I prefer my rbs in the NFL. I like guys that finish runs. We've all seen that in the NFL you better be able to finish runs. He won't be running against teenagers in the pros. Grown men that if he runs upright like he does sometimes..will have a huge target to put him on the ground. And if he thinks that little girl hits like a man just wait til Donte Hightower or James Harrison lays a lick on him. All things considered Mixon wouldn't even be on my draft board...but just on the field only..sure he's got talent but there are backs that I watch and think are just as good with none of the baggage. 

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

There are plenty of evaluators that differ from your opinion.

I don't see where. Mixon is pretty much a consensus first/second round TALENT from everyone I've heard give him a grade. Joe does finish runs. I will however agree with you that he occasionally keeps his pad level too high.

Also Perine was hurt last year...but I'm not so sure he isn't a better prospect than Mixon.

Oklahoma was my favorite college team even before Joe because my family is from Oklahoma, I watched every game this season so I know Perine was injured, but toward the end of the season he was healthy and Mixon had just flat out won the starting role. Perine lacks the speed, and has much more injury history than Joe. He also lacks what Joe brings in the receiving game.

I don't see AP...I don't see Emmit Smith or Eric Dickerson or Barry Sanders. He doesn't jump off the screen at me.

All things considered Mixon wouldn't even be on my draft board...but just on the field only..sure he's got talent but there are backs that I watch and think are just as good with none of the baggage. 

If AP, Emmitt, Dickerson and Barry are who you want from a player you are just drafting, you will be disappointed. 

Thats fine, you can feel that way about him not being on your board, that's your opinion. But I just don't see how when we are only talking about talent ON THE FIELD, who these backs are that are just as good in this draft that you are watching. There may be 3 or 4 of equal/potentially higher talent from what I see. And none of them will be potentially available in the 3rd. Idk how many you are referring to or who they are in your opinion.

23 minutes ago, OneNation said:

I don't see where. Mixon is pretty much a consensus first/second round TALENT from everyone I've heard give him a grade. Joe does finish runs. I will however agree with you that he occasionally keeps his pad level too high.

Oklahoma was my favorite college team even before Joe because my family is from Oklahoma, I watched every game this season so I know Perine was injured, but toward the end of the season he was healthy and Mixon had just flat out won the starting role. Perine lacks the speed, and has much more injury history than Joe. He also lacks what Joe brings in the receiving game.

If AP, Emmitt, Dickerson and Barry are who you want from a player you are just drafting, you will be disappointed. 

Thats fine, you can feel that way about him not being on your board, that's your opinion. But I just don't see how when we are only talking about talent ON THE FIELD, who these backs are that are just as good in this draft that you are watching. There may be 3 or 4 of equal/potentially higher talent from what I see. And none of them will be potentially available in the 3rd. Idk how many you are referring to or who they are in your opinion.

It's all good. There just isn't a single back I value at as a back worth our pick at #15. I don't see anyone worth that. On talent I see him as a border line late 2nd. I have two guys as late first rd picks then a couple middle 2nd rd picks and a bunch of guys as 3rd rd guys. What I'm not going to do is take a guy that will be a PR nightmare and alienate a huge portion of my fan base because he is a woman beater. I don't care if it was once and he was 18. I know plenty of 18 year olds that don't hit women...unfortunately this kid isnt like them. I know tons that are stupid enough to light up a blount...but none that think it's ok to punch a girl. On the Richter scale of poor taste poor judgement and just poor character this kid is off the chart. This isn't just a whoops I screwed up once. This is on a whole different level ignorance. There is something deep down wrong with someone that would hit s woman. I just don't value rbs that highly and I'm certainly not taking on that has these red flags when there is plenty of talented rbs in this draft. Point being this kid isn't a can't miss prospect. To take on his baggage I need someone of the ilk I mentioned. There isn't a back in this draft I feel like that about.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

It's fine. He's your guy. There are plenty of evaluators that differ from your opinion. I think he is a good back. I don't see great. I don't see AP...I don't see Emmit Smith or Eric Dickerson or Barry Sanders. He doesn't jump off the screen at me. Also Perine was hurt last year...but I'm not so sure he isn't a better prospect than Mixon. Mixon isn't perfect...he fumbles more than I like and doesn't play behind his pads how I prefer my rbs in the NFL. I like guys that finish runs. We've all seen that in the NFL you better be able to finish runs. He won't be running against teenagers in the pros. Grown men that if he runs upright like he does sometimes..will have a huge target to put him on the ground. And if he thinks that little girl hits like a man just wait til Donte Hightower or James Harrison lays a lick on him. All things considered Mixon wouldn't even be on my draft board...but just on the field only..sure he's got talent but there are backs that I watch and think are just as good with none of the baggage. 

Your trying so hard to find things. How many fumbles did he have? Gotta a game where he's running high and not finishing runs? Your evaluation skills need work. Please match up Donta on Joe 1-1 and watch him get dusted on the wheel route. Joe mixon is 230 and NFL ready rn

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It's all good. There just isn't a single back I value at as a back worth our pick at #15. I don't see anyone worth that. On talent I see him as a border line late 2nd. I have two guys as late first rd picks then a couple middle 2nd rd picks and a bunch of guys as 3rd rd guys. What I'm not going to do is take a guy that will be a PR nightmare and alienate a huge portion of my fan base because he is a woman beater. I don't care if it was once and he was 18. I know plenty of 18 year olds that don't hit women...unfortunately this kid isnt like them. I know tons that are stupid enough to light up a blount...but none that think it's ok to punch a girl. On the Richter scale of poor taste poor judgement and just poor character this kid is off the chart. This isn't just a whoops I screwed up once. This is on a whole different level ignorance. There is something deep down wrong with someone that would hit s woman. I just don't value rbs that highly and I'm certainly not taking on that has these red flags when there is plenty of talented rbs in this draft. Point being this kid isn't a can't miss prospect. To take on his baggage I need someone of the ilk I mentioned. There isn't a back in this draft I feel like that about.

You feel this way, and clearly you feel strongly about it.

I'm not, nor have I ever justified what he did that night. But it sounds to me like you don't want him on the roster much more because of a mistake he made, rather than his talent level not being up to the standard worthy of drafting him (which is what it seemed more to be from your prior posts). If you feel this way, you would've saved us both some time by stating it up front. I've ran into quite a few who feel that way, but not many who feel he is basically average and "doesn't stand out" like you said earlier. 

Its not worth speaking on for me if that's how you feel, there's no amount of tape I can point you to to influence your opinion on that. I've stated I believe he is sorry and has payed for what he did and deserves a second chance, but I don't really want to debate whether or not a man deserves a second chance because I don't ultimately hold the authority to give them or judge a mans heart, only God does.

2 minutes ago, OneNation said:

I'm not, nor have I ever justified what he did that night. But it sounds to me like you don't want him on the roster much more because of a mistake he made, rather than his talent level not being up to the standard worthy of drafting him (which is what it seemed more to be from your prior posts). If you feel this way, you would've saved us both some time by stating it up front. I've ran into quite a few who feel that way, but not many who feel he is basically average and "doesn't stand out" like you said earlier. 

Its not worth speaking on for me if that's how you feel, there's no amount of tape I can point you to to influence your opinion on that. I've stated I believe he is sorry and has payed for what he did and deserves a second chance, but I don't really want to debate whether or not a man deserves a second chance because I don't ultimately hold the authority to give them or judge a mans heart, only God does.

Preach!!! 

18 hours ago, OneNation said:

God?  Overrated 

18 hours ago, OneNation said:

Oh yeah. Nothing could get me to draft him based on his talent AND his issue. What I was saying is his talent would have to be unique....like a clear cut above the rest of this draft rbs or on par with an elite back. I don't see that. He isn't the best back in this draft and honestly there are several others I'd rather have. On talent alone he is a late day 2 back...so if you say get him in the 3rd....sure. Factor in the off field...heck no he is undeaftable in my mind. Give me one of those other backs without the issues. I don't think he is far and away superior. There are some things about running in the NFL that don't just translate from college to pros. He is a heck of an athlete but I'm not sure I see that running style being effective over the long season. If anything I think he may make a better wr then back. There is no doubt his time at OU was very successful but that can be said for many backs there. I won't argue with you about his athleticism but i am not seeing special from this kid...and I can't separate his issues. That's as much of who he is as his 40 time to me.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh yeah. Nothing could get me to draft him based on his talent AND his issue. What I was saying is his talent would have to be unique....like a clear cut above the rest of this draft rbs or on par with an elite back. I don't see that. He isn't the best back in this draft and honestly there are several others I'd rather have. On talent alone he is a late day 2 back...so if you say get him in the 3rd....sure. Factor in the off field...heck no he is undeaftable in my mind. Give me one of those other backs without the issues. I don't think he is far and away superior. There are some things about running in the NFL that don't just translate from college to pros. He is a heck of an athlete but I'm not sure I see that running style being effective over the long season. If anything I think he may make a better wr then back. There is no doubt his time at OU was very successful but that can be said for many backs there. I won't argue with you about his athleticism but i am not seeing special from this kid...and I can't separate his issues. That's as much of who he is as his 40 time to me.

Only time will tell. I disagree about your evaluation, but that's ok. No two scouts are gonna ever see the exact same things.

Her story is that he and his buddies came up while she was outside with her friend.  They started saying it was someones birthday and asked her to have s_x with him.  When she said No, they called her fa_got.  They started the whole thing.  She walked away and into the establishment and he was mad about her turning him down....  I've been pushed by a woman before....Ow, it hurts so bad (<----sarcasm).  How is he going to take a 225 lb linebacker cracking his head if he can't take a little lady pushing him WHEN HE STARTED IT?  I hope he never plays a down in the NFL unless he confesses it's his fault and asks her forgivenes.