Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Ryan asks Mannings for Super Bowl tips

oldunclemark

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Did anyone else see where Matt Ryan said he exchanged messages with Peyton and Eli Manning on how to handle Super Bowl week?

He said he talks with Peyton fairly regularly...

I did not know they knew each other at all

They have been pro bowlers together.  I would imagine midst nfl qbs know each other.  Pretty elite club

25 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They have been pro bowlers together.  I would imagine midst nfl qbs know each other.  Pretty elite club

Pro Bowlers?'....I didn't know the Mannings liked bowling.

Seriously, I dont think most NFL QBs know each other to the point where they'd ask for advice, do you?

Cam and Peyton had never met until last year......You think Jay Cutler and Andrew Luck secretly talk?

Then again..a lot of QB s came through the Manning QB camp

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Did anyone else see where Matt Ryan said he exchanged messages with Peyton and Eli Manning on how to handle Super Bowl week?

He said he talks with Peyton fairly regularly...

I did not know they knew each other at all

I'm disappointed in Matt. That's kinda lame.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I'm disappointed in Matt. That's kinda lame.

Are you serious...??   Not sure. :scratch:

I think it's perfectly understandable that he would reach out to two QB's,  who have been to 6 of the last 10 SB's,  winning 4 of those,   both either beating NE in the SB,   or    AFCCG along the way.

For someone who has never been to the big Game,  looking for pointers on how to handle the week leading up to it is perfectly reasonable to me.   :dunno:  

10 hours ago, Gramz said:

Are you serious...??   Not sure. :scratch:

I think it's perfectly understandable that he would reach out to two QB's,  who have been to 6 of the last 10 SB's,  winning 4 of those,   both either beating NE in the SB,   or    AFCCG along the way.

For someone who has never been to the big Game,  looking for pointers on how to handle the week leading up to it is perfectly reasonable to me.   :dunno:  

exactly..

He might ask how teammates react as the game approaches...

Is there something you said that made players laughed or calmed them.

How much do you discuss the first play...?

Remember the Seattle-Denver Super Bowl...the bad snap on the first play..?

Peyton probably told him to go with a 'silent snap count' on the first play because you don't know how loud the crowd will be

It makes perfect sense for Matt Ryan to reach out to Peyton & Eli. It means Ryan is taking this rare opportunity seriously. Hades, I'd even reach out to Archie too.

Glean as much knowledge from elite QBs as you can in order to stay calm, avoid distractions, & stay focused like a laser beam on winning the biggest name of Matthew's life. 

6 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

It makes perfect sense for Matt Ryan to reach out to Peyton & Eli. It means Ryan is taking this rare opportunity seriously. Hades, I'd even reach out to Archie too.

Glean as much knowledge from elite QBs as you can in order to stay calm, avoid distractions, & stay focused like a laser beam on winning the biggest name of Matthew's life. 

I guess Ryan knows Brady pretty well, too..but this might not be the week to call him

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

In fact, Peyton Manning asked Tom Brady for advice before his first SB since Tom had been to 3 already. It happens all the time.

Yah I know it happens all the time just thought it be comical if you called the guy your playing in the big game. Go Matty Ice

7 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

I'm pretty sure they told him to pray that you have a defense that can do the job with a good front 4....something Atlanta does not have compared to the 2007 and 2011 Giants or the 2006 Colts or last year's Broncos team. 

Bogie, because I have so much respect for you as a regular, I will confess that I seldom watch the Falcons on TV even with NFL Sunday Ticket. Other then Dwight Freeney, I couldn't name another pass rusher on that squad without googling it. 

I didn't even pay attention to the dirty birds until they faced the Seahawks & then GB in the playoffs. I probably could name more Saints defensive players off the top of my head actually. 

Having said all that, go Atlanta!  

17 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Bogie, because I have so much respect for you as a regular, I will confess that I seldom watch the Falcons on TV even with NFL Sunday Ticket. Other then Dwight Freeney, I couldn't name another pass rusher on that squad without googling it. 

I didn't even pay attention to the dirty birds until they faced the Seahawks & then GB in the playoffs. I probably could name more Saints defensive players off the top of my head actually. 

Having said all that, go Atlanta!  

Vic Beasley is pretty much their only great pass rusher. 

They beat up a struggling Seattle team, and then the 31st ranked pass defense vs GB (who in all honesty, was a pretty average team this year and they have Jason Garrett to thank as to how they just barely got over Dallas)

7-0 playing teams with a pass defense ranked worse than them (Atlanta is 25th in yards, 27th in points). Add in the horrible Rams and that gets you 8-0 against garbage teams. 

Went 3-4 playing teams with defenses ranked inside the top 20 at least. That is what their 11-5 record is made of. 

I'm expecting a Patriots blow out....No reason they shouldn't. This Atlanta team has a horrible defense. 

1 minute ago, Synthetic said:

They beat up a struggling Seattle team , and then the 31st ranked pass defense vs GB. 

7-0 playing teams with a pass defense ranked worse than them (Atlanta is 25th in yards, 27th in points)

Went 3-4 playing teams with defenses ranked inside the top 20 at least. 

I'm expecting a Patriots blow out....No reason they shouldn't. This Atlanta team has a horrible defense. 

haha    I am really hoping to serve you some

Image result for eat crow

tomorrow.

If I'm wrong you can serve it to me.   lmao

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

haha    I am really hoping to serve you some

Image result for eat crow

tomorrow.

If I'm wrong you can serve it to me.   lmao

Oh no, i wouldn't rub it in on you. lmao I'm just a Saints fan who refuses to ever root for Atlanta no matter what. 

I wish we could've got Dallas/NE in the Super Bowl. They were the only NFC team all year long that could've properly matched up with them. If this SB really is a blow out, we're probably going to spend the summer thinking if Dallas or Green Bay would've made it more entertaining. 

2 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Oh no, i wouldn't rub it in on you. lmao I'm just a Saints fan who refuses to ever root for Atlanta no matter what. 

I wish we could've got Dallas/NE in the Super Bowl. They were the only NFC team all year long that could've properly matched up with them. If this SB really is a blow out, we're probably going to spend the summer thinking if Dallas or Green Bay would've made it more entertaining. 

Got it.  I understand you can't root for Atlanta.  I, on the other hand, would rather swallow nails than root for NE.

Really hoping for a good close game, and if it does happen to be a blowout, I hope Matt Ryan is the MVP. :lombardi: 

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

They beat up a struggling Seattle team, and then the 31st ranked pass defense vs GB (who in all honesty, was a pretty average team this year and they have Jason Garrett to thank as to how they just barely got over Dallas)

7-0 playing teams with a pass defense ranked worse than them (Atlanta is 25th in yards, 27th in points). Add in the horrible Rams and that gets you 8-0 against garbage teams. 

Went 3-4 playing teams with defenses ranked inside the top 20 at least. That is what their 11-5 record is made of. 

NE hasn't faced an offense like this.......some of their ranings come from playing the Bills and jets twice

Indoors....I dont know how to stop Atlanta

Most quarterbacks know each other. Peyton and Cam are 2 complete opposites in playing style and lifestyle so that's obviously a fluke example. Hasselbeck was texting Favre during his interview in the booth at the jersey retirement game if you remember. I wouldn't doubt that quarterbacks text regular text ramble as much as we do with our friends and acquaintances lol!