Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's expectation

Colts1324

16 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

The colts have the ability to beat the patriots. It's like the colts stay competitive for one qtr maybe, and then crap themselves because they realize they're playing the patriots. 

I remember the infamous fake punt game they were up 21 to 20 at half time.  You guys know the rest.  Even before the punt we were still in it.  Pagano out coached himself.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I think his objectives haven't changed: multiple SB titles with Luck. Reaching that objective requires Colts being considered as contender almost every season and reaching to championship games. And of course, Colts need to find out how to beat Pats...

I think the whole league needs to figure out how to beat the Pats! 

16 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

This.

If this doesn't happen Pagano is for sure gone in my opinion. 

I agree with that. But should he still be kept if we go to the playoffs and go one and done? Or don't win a game? I don't think so. I think he needs to reach the AFC Championship game 

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I think it will be more of the same of the last few seasons.

Meanning he will want to replace pagano with a BIG NAME HC and fail again and he will be stuck again with him.

I think there will be a lot more HC candidates available next year. Sean Payton for cheaper, Patriots coordinators, Mike Shannahan, maybe Harbaugh.  Jon Gruden I could see saying yes if we show we have a TEAM poised to win superbowls. Nick Saban if Alabama fails to win a championship again. I think we get somebody better than Pagano if we don't wait forever to decide. 

8 hours ago, esmort said:

JUST making the playoffs shouldn't be enough ... 

Just making the playoffs will be enough....

There's only 2 kinds of NFL teams.....Playoff teams and teams that failed to make the playoffs.

If we go from the failure group to the playoff group...

the coach stays,,,because that's improvement enough.

.Coach Chuck has never had a losing season....I think its obvious he wont be fired if we're in the playoffs 11 months from now

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Just making the playoffs will be enough....

There's only 2 kinds of NFL teams.....Playoff teams and teams that failed to make the playoffs.

If we go from the failure group to the playoff group...

the coach stays,,,because that's improvement enough.

.Coach Chuck has never had a losing season....I think its obvious he wont be fired if we're in the playoffs 11 months from now

You have extremely low standards 

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I agree with that. But should he still be kept if we go to the playoffs and go one and done? 

Yes....You've got tot make the playoffs...

....as we found out..its not easy...even some winning teams don't make the layoffs

Its like the lottery

You got to be in it to win it,,,,,a coach who gets us in it ..has my vote to stay every year

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

If the bar is so low that just making the playoffs saves his job then he will be here til the end of his contract 

a he should be..

..as coaches all over the NFL are if they make the playoffs.

I want to make the post-season more than I want to fire the coach

8 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I think there will be a lot more HC candidates available next year. Sean Payton for cheaper, Patriots coordinators, Mike Shannahan, maybe Harbaugh.  Jon Gruden I could see saying yes if we show we have a TEAM poised to win superbowls. Nick Saban if Alabama fails to win a championship again. I think we get somebody better than Pagano if we don't wait forever to decide. 

None of those are likely options and all have had seasons much worse than any Chuck has had

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Yes....You've got tot make the playoffs...

....as we found out..its not easy...even some winning teams don't make the layoffs

Its like the lottery

You got to be in it to win it,,,,,a coach who gets us in it ..has my vote to stay every year

I don't agree. Do you think Marvin Lewis should stay? Cincinnati isn't going anywhere but other than this year, he has made the playoffs 5 or 6 consecutive years. 

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

our problem isn't our coach

I'm sorry to awake you from your dream, but our biggest problem is in fact our coaching. Pagano, Chud, Ted(it was his first year, I give him a break), positional coaches on defense and WR coach(which we fixed). Our coaching has held us back the last two or three years. 

Just now, Colts1324 said:

I don't agree. Do you think Marvin Lewis should stay? Cincinnati isn't going anywhere but other than this year, he has made the playoffs 5 or 6 consecutive years. 

They had a big losing season and didnt make the playoff this last year..his job is in jeapordy..

..but the Bengals play hard for him...it would be hard for me to let him go.

We cannot predict the future.   A year ago, Atlanta 'wasn't going anywhere'

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm sorry to awake you from your dream, but our biggest problem is in fact our coaching. Pagano, Chud, Ted(it was his first year, I give him a break), positional coaches on defense and WR coach(which we fixed). Our coaching has held us back the last two or three years. 

If you think we have a quality defense that is being held back by the coaches...

....you might want to look back at video of any of our 16 games

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They had a big losing season and didnt make the playoff this last year..his job is in jeapordy..

..but the Bengals play hard for him...it would be hard for me to let him go.

We cannot predict the future.   A year ago, Atlanta 'wasn't going anywhere'

Yeah. I don't see why people thought that. They had Matt Ryan, Julio Jones. The best running back tandem in the league. Signed Alex Mack. And drafted guys in the draft that were expected to play well. I figured they go far just on their dominant offense.

59 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I don't care the rest of the league, I only care Colts!

I was just stating that it's hard to be mad at coaching when it comes to coaching. Pete Carroll, Gary Kubiak, Jack Del Rio are all great coaches but have lost to the patriots 

9 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yeah. I don't see why people thought that. They had Matt Ryan, Julio Jones. The best running back tandem in the league. Signed Alex Mack. And drafted guys in the draft that were expected to play well. I figured they go far just on their dominant offense.

Carolina won the division 2 years ago....and the falcons were 8-8..just like we were

They did not have a 'dominant offense in 2015...not at all..they lost 6 of their last 8 games...

..they were among the league-leaders in turnovers..

They didnt fire the coach..the got better players on defense and played better on offense..

we can do that

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I was just stating that it's hard to be mad at coaching when it comes to coaching. Pete Carroll, Gary Kubiak, Jack Del Rio are all great coaches but have lost to the patriots 

I know, still WE have to figure it out. Unfortunately we have to beat them even to get to SB. Tough, sooo... Our coaching staff wasn't even close to beating them during past 5 seasons. (I know we only met them in Luck's first 3 season).

2 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I know, still WE have to figure it out. Unfortunately we have to beat them even to get to SB. Tough, sooo... Our coaching staff wasn't even close to beating them during past 5 seasons. (I know we only met them in Luck's first 3 season).

But first, we have to get back to the playoffs.

Our PLAYERS were not close to beating them the last 5 years

We need better players on defense....we can get them

I dont think its coaching

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Carolina won the division 2 years ago....and the falcons were 8-8..just like we were

They did not have a 'dominant offense in 2015...not at all..they lost 6 of their last 8 games...

..they were among the league-leaders in turnovers..

They didnt fire the coach..the got better players on defense and played better on offense..

we can do that

Dan Quinn was also a first year coach tho. Pagano is going into his sixth season. 

3 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I agree with you 100 percent. The AFC runs through NE. If you want to win a super bowl, you beat Brady and the guy in the grey hoody. 

5 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Dan Quinn was also a first year coach tho. Pagano is going into his sixth season. 

So? They don't fire the coach...and they could have

They were Top-5 in turnovers...8-8....Matt Ryan had the worst year in his career

under Dan Quinn and Kyle Shanahan....

Lost 6 of 8.......

Even they didn't forsee them being in the Super Bowl 12 months later

I'm just saying: Don't be sure about what's goin g to happen in the future

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

So? They don't fire the coach...and they could have

They were Top-5 in turnovers...8-8....Matt Ryan had the worst year in his career

under Dan Quinn and Kyle Shanahan....

Lost 6 of 8.......

Even they didn't forsee them being in the Super Bowl 12 months later

I'm just saying: Don't be sure about what's goin g to happen in the future

I didn't realize Matt Ryan did so bad last year. You don't see very many coaches get fired their first year after going 8-8 with a defense as bad as the Colts was this year. Nobody can predict the future, but if someone told you that they are going to hire you at GM and you start next week,wouldn't you think they are telling the truth. Irsay said Pagano WILL BE our coach in 2017. So I wasn't jumping to conclusions. Rather just restating what Irsay said. Like I said, I hope Irsay does change his mind. I'm just not getting my hopes up like a lot of people on here...

On 1/28/2017 at 6:30 PM, Don Beach said:

With an 8 - 8 Head Coach do you really believe he can get the team to the playoffs?

Regardless of the GM sins Pagano has had the best QB in the league and the best he can do is 8 & 8!!  He should be shown the door like all the others he has fired!

If he's an 8-8 coach how did he get them to 11-5 three years in a row?

On 1/29/2017 at 1:32 PM, deedub75 said:

If we're not contending for a 1 or 2 seed he should be gone. 

Hurm, so after finishing 3rd in our division the expectation is to finish the with a top 2 seed? Something the Post Manning Colts haven't done and the Manning Colts would even be pushed for? 

On 1/31/2017 at 3:44 PM, lollygagger8 said:

Make the playoffs and not come out with a slow start, stupid ST plays, and clock mismanagement. 

I don't think any of those things are unreasonable. 

Right, improve the record along with tangible improvement on the field. I don't think there needs to be a magic number of games he needs to win.

I don't think just playoffs will cut it, I think he needs to win the South no wildcard and a playoff win.

I was also watching the close up with Ballard and one thing that stuck out to me was that Ballard at around the 3.30 min mark talks about how he wouldn't be interfering with the team on the field and that he is here primarily as a talent evaluator and recruiter so to speak. Which makes me think it was discussed when chuck met with the candidates.

The Colts need to win all the games by at least 28 points or Pagano is gone.  I maen he has:

Andrew Luck at QB

Ballard who (according to many on this forum) will never make a mistake in drafting a player or signing someone via free agency.

The all time greatest kicker

And a miraculously #1 defense after one offseason.

The cards are stacked in his favor and the Colts better go undefeated (by a large margin) or else.