Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jamie Collins Re-Signs w/Browns....

NewColtsFan

He's now officially off the market.    And I think Cleveland got him at a very good deal for them.    4/50.

I'm surprised the agent didn't get a 5th year for a player who would have been a premium catch on the open market.

That's good money left on the table....

Here's the story....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000776819/article/browns-jamie-collins-agree-to-4year-50-million-deal

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's now officially off the market.    And I think Cleveland got him at a very good deal for them.    4/50.

I'm surprised the agent didn't get a 5th year for a player who would have been a premium catch on the open market.

That's good money left on the table....

Here's the story....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000776819/article/browns-jamie-collins-agree-to-4year-50-million-deal

No matter how much we hate that NE franchise, you have to give them credit.  Apparently they didn't need Collins.  

I'm pretty sure Cleveland will figure out a way to screw up his career.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

No matter how much we hate that NE franchise, you have to give them credit.  Apparently they didn't need Collins.  

Well....     since my post, I've learned a bit more...

I thought the price was good considering I viewed Collins as more of an OLB.

But I heard on ESPN and NFL Radio that Collins wanted to be paid more on an annual average than Carolina Luke Keuchly.       That tells me he's views himself and is being paid as an ILB and not outside.

Fair enough.....    but if I were going to pay him that kind of money,  I'd prefer him outside...

There are very few players who play ILB that I'd pay that kind of money to.    Keuchly,  Patrick Willis maybe...   just a small handful.      I'm not sure Collins would get that kind of money to play ILB for my team.     But Cleveland is now heavily invested in analytics, so maybe they think they can justify it.

OK......     it's not my money....

As for NE,   I think it's incredible how well they are run on almost every possible level.

they had to get him signed, and they did so good job browns

i thought this was a good move when they made it, the draft pick they gave up will be insignificant in the long run

he probably would have made more money as a free agent and not signed with Cleveland so i think its a win for them

On the one hand, bad teams pay top dollar for proven athletic talent. I get this from a financial security player perspective. However, this move also says that Jamie Collins never wants to compete for a SB ring ever again.

Playing in Cleveland is just below eternal darn nation & torture I think. I get the money angle, but the Browns will take 5 yrs to turn around minimum even if HC Hue Jackson is the man to finally resurrect that franchise man.  

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Other than the NFL HOF, the Rock N Roll HOF, & Lebron James & the Championship Cavs...What the hades else is there to do in Cleveland entertainment wise in the off season? 

Athletes get bored easily with diminished recreational activities. I know; I know. Most guys live in warm cities like Miami or Phoenix in the off season. You couldn't pay me enough to live there. Visit sure. Get a permanent zip code? Not on your life man. 

Look, if the Browns were his only nice offer, I get it. But, I'm surprised his agent didn't get more offers or that this was his best one. And, who in their right mind, wants to play ball with RG3? Oh my God, kill me now & put me out of my misery ASAP please. 

The Browns defense is okay, but that offense barely won a game this season. I couldn't subject myself to that much losing regardless of how fat my regular season game checks were & all gentlemen's clubs are basically the same in every city. If that's what helps you get through your down time. Just sayin'. 

And how to you cope with going from an annual playoff team in NE to never winning your new division now? Ouch! 

35 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Look, if the Browns were his only nice offer, I get it. But, I'm surprised his agent didn't get more offers or that this was his best one. And, who in their right mind, wants to play ball with RG3? Oh my God, kill me now & put me out of my misery ASAP please. 

The Browns defense is okay, but that offense barely won a game this season. I couldn't subject myself to that much losing regardless of how fat my regular season game checks were & all gentlemen's clubs are basically the same in every city. If that's what helps you get through your down time. Just sayin'. 

And how to you cope with going from an annual playoff team in NE to never winning your new division now? Ouch! 

Money cures a lot of things...besides in Cleveland the season is pretty short..basically over by Christmas. Pretty nice gig that's a long offseason lol.

55 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

Well he has his one ring from SB xlix... so I doubt he wants more success, he just wants a steady paycheck without worrying about being cut/traded since the team as a whole is a dumpster fire.

Yeah, but if you win 1 ring, don't you want more jewelry for the other fingers IWF? I would, but I realize that not all athletes are that driven by their very nature. 

To go from like a 12 to 13 winning squad to well what do ya know we got a single victory is quite an eye opening drop-off...

The only advantage to residing in Cleveland is that your cost of living would be significantly cheaper than the East coast I guess.

On 1/24/2017 at 1:54 AM, southwest1 said:

Yeah, but if you win 1 ring, don't you want more jewelry for the other fingers IWF? I would, but I realize that not all athletes are that driven by their very nature. 

To go from like a 12 to 13 winning squad to well what do ya know we got a single victory is quite an eye opening drop-off...

The only advantage to residing in Cleveland is that your cost of living would be significantly cheaper than the East coast I guess.

he said he wanted to be some place where he felt like he was wanted

some players might tire of the belicheck system too

reggie said he didnt care for playing there either