Divisional Round: Packers at Cowboys Game Thread

Luck is Good

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Why did Cole Beasley call for a fair catch? But more importantly, why did the GB punter not just kick the ball out of bounds?

Because the Cowboys had no timeouts to stop the clock and did not want to chance an ST fumble and a Rodgers Hail Mary 

What?  Why would you fair catch a punt with zeroes on the clock???  If you're not going to try to return it, then just get the heck away from it and let it hit the ground and bounce.  There are no good things that can come from fair catching it.  Nothing good can happen.  You just open the possibility for bad things to happen.

4 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

What?  Why would you fair catch a punt with zeroes on the clock???  If you're not going to try to return it, then just get the heck away from it and let it hit the ground and bounce.  There are no good things that can come from fair catching it.  Nothing good can happen.  You just open the possibility for bad things to happen.

Maybe they thought a second might be left when he catches and there maybe a chance for a Hail Mary from Prescott???

The punter just had good hang time on it.

6 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Why did Cole Beasley call for a fair catch? But more importantly, why did the GB punter not just kick the ball out of bounds?

Can the half end on a punt kicked out of bounds, or does that penalty give the receiving team a play?

3 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

Fair catching IS chancing a special teams fumble.  That's the point.

See my post above, if there was a second left, given that they had good field position, they wanted a chance at a Prescott Hail Mary 

4 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

Can the half end on a punt kicked out of bounds, or does that penalty give the receiving team a play?

A punt kicked out of bounds is not a penalty, depends on when they mark it out of bounds for time left. A kickoff out of bounds down the sidelines prior to the end zone is a penalty 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

The punter just had good hang time on it.

There was only a one-second difference between the play clock and the game clock.  It would have had to have been a terrible punt for the returner to catch it with time left on the clock.......so terrible that there probably would not have been anybody in the vicinity to catch it if the punt had been that bad.  Usually under those circumstances, you don't go for hang time as a punter.  You usually either squib kick it or kick it out of bounds.  Had I been coaching that, I probably would have had the punter just run backwards five or ten yards and then take a knee.  No need to punt at all.

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

You're right.  I'm an *.  I'm thinking of a kickoff.  I'm just going to stop talking now.

I like how it censored me calling myself an *.  Just for the record, there was no swearing in that........although the word that I used was an insult.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

To watch Brock Osweiler one day...and Aaron Rodgers the next...you see reality and fantasy

So true.   When Aaron is on his game, it is a thing of beauty to watch.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

I don't know, Brock is kinda hot in a weird dark way. I kinda would rather fantasize about him.

haha