Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Mock (With Trade Back Into 1St)

1st- QB Andrew Luck (Gives us a guy who will start from day 1 with Arians tutoring him, and he should have success just like Cam Newton did right away.)

2nd- Indy trades RB Joe Addai and their 34th overall pick to Cincy for their 21st overall pick. (Cincy needs a RB to replace Benson, and Addai can help towards that while being not too expensive. Plus Cincy has two 1st round picks so they wouldnt mind trading down a little and getting an extra 2nd.)

-Indy selects S Mark Barron (The clear cut best safety prospect in the draft gives us a great safety tandem in Bethea and Barron. Getting Barron will allow us to cut Bullitt and free up cap space there, plus Barron would allow Bethea to play the Ed Reed role and rome the secondary making plays. Plus being an ex secondary coach, Pagano will want a strong secondary.) -I would take NT Dontari Poe but I have a feeling he may go top 15 since he will rise up draft boards to due his upside.

3rd- NT Alameda Ta'amu (He falls a little since he didnt have a great performance in the Baylor Bowl game, but Pagano and the DC can work with him to maximize his potential.) Alternative picks- NT Josh Chapman, RB Lamar Miller, TE Coby Fleener

4th- CB Leonard Johnson (Pagano continues to work on the secondary, and gives us a talented kid who could start opposite Powers.)

5th- TE Ladarius Green (A raw, but talented TE who has great size and athletism.)

Rest of draft - BPA

Also I have us signing Free Agent OG Carl Nicks so we dont have to focus much on the OL in the draft.

This would work especially with your FA aquisition of Nicks for guard. The only problem is that Johnson will probably be going in the 2nd round. Mike Maock of NFL Channel has him rated as the 4th CB in the draft. If the draft goes as the mocks that I have seen is predicting, then Johnson will go in the 2nd round. IMO this draft with our #1 being Luck, will be Offense heavy/ Defense light.