Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Playoffs: Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks Gameday Thread!

MTC

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I was 11 when the colts moved to Indy.  My dad was a bengals fan,  I was a bears fan.  When the colts moved to Indy we both became colts fans.  He bought season tickets and we were all in.   The bears won the superbowl in 85 and the bengals went to the superbowl in 88. haha

'J'  Was Indy Cincinnatti Bengals fan country back then.? 

My grandparents were from Indy and my grandfather loved the Reds

Places like South Bend and Lafayette were Bears fan strongholds when I grew up

Notre Dame was considered a Chicago college team largely because Northwestern and Illinois sucked

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I miss the old AFC East days. Would have been crazy to watch us and NE battle all those years with Peyton and Brady battling for the division.

I still do that on Madden 2002 for the Nintendo 64. This was when the Texans weren't on the game yet, and there were 3 divisions in each conference.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I cant tell you how happy I was for Indiana to get a team

I have to admit..I didn't care how they got here.....

....didnt mind them losing in the early going (I was a Bears fan,. too)

Despite what some 'Gloomy Gus' say here....Its VERY natural for someome  to be a Bears AND a Colts fan because the Colts moved into what was, in part,  Bear country

The Bears-Colts Super Bowl was the greatest 2 weeks

2 of my best friends that are basically my age are huge Bears fans and they don't even like the Colts. They live right here in Indy. When the Colts beat them in 2006 They heard from me bigtime!

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't think I would have wanted to play them twice a year in the regular season all those years. haha

I'm sure buff and mia fans are like...yeah, no hasn't been fun.

But you get my point. That would have been crazy to have the two best in the same division.

1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Great dude too. He & my nephew became friends when my nephew was coaching the Chicago arena team.

I met him at my brother's funeral. He is a good guy.

That's awesome, always great when a football player ends up being a cool person. Sorry about your brother as well.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Notre Dame was considered a Chicago college team largely because Northwestern and Illinois sucked

My dad was a bengals fan and reds fan.  I was a bears fan and cubs fan.   Maybe I just liked to annoy him.  I dont recall how I became a fan of either

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Regarding Baseball it was either Reds or Cubs and I chose the Cubs (Thank God haha. I have been a Cubs since that 1984 Season when they were Very Good. Same season the Colts moved here, funny how things work out.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I love the techmo bowl commercial with Bo and bozworth.   I watched the Monday night game when Bo ran him over

Such a fun game. There are actually two versions of the game if I remember right. Techmo bowl and Super Techmo Bowl. You can run around, up and down, with Bo Jackson and never get caught. Game is so broken, simplistic, but fun. Madden is awesome today, but not for the casual fan that wants to play, like my dad.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Okay..Boldin got 2 roughness penalties..

..but those are not unsportsmanlike conduct penalties?

I thought unnecessary roughness was unsportsmanlike conduct...by definition.

But..clearly......no

I'm confused on the new rule as well. If you gave me a pop quiz, I'd probably guess wrong lol.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Such a fun game. There are actually two versions of the game if I remember right. Techmo bowl and Super Techmo Bowl. You can run around, up and down, with Bo Jackson and never get caught. Game is so broken, simplistic, but fun. Madden is awesome today, but not for the casual fan that wants to play, like my dad.

Super Tecmo Bowl was really a good game. It had all the teams and you could play full seasons on it. It was pretty realistic as well.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Those were the first really good football games.

The Lions are getting rectum rinsed with hot sauce. The worst call was actually missed by everybody but the receiver on an earlier play. He caught it and ran over the defender who drug him down on top of him. His knees landed in the defenders stomach and he was never down. He got up to run and the blew the whistle. 

Tecmo Bowl will always have 1 thing on Madden - the old NES directional button rash that that game gave the thumb of anybody who ever played anybody of equal or greater skill level.