Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doesn't the owner see all these posts about why change is good for the team?

gacoop1

On 1/8/2017 at 8:06 PM, VocableLoki said:

Sure, I just don't think the rest of the division is running away from us. 

When you've owned the division as long as we have and you lose it two years in row with a chance to seal the division in week 14, the division is definitely not running away.  At best, you could say that this team needs to take a look in the mirror, but it's far from getting away from us.  We could just as easily put it together next year and run the table.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit interested to see how the division pans out next year.   You have the Jags choosing to hire Doug Marrone as their head coach so I'm not sure how optimistic I should be.  Then you have this continued talk about Bill Obrien leaving the Texans which seem crazy to me.  Supposedly over internal strife between him, Mcnair, and Rick Smith.  If he leaves then you have to wonder about the direction of the Texans.  If he does leave I would have to imagine maybe they give that job to Mcdaniels to reduce the staff and offensive and defensive scheme turnover.   The Titans will or should be better but I still don't feel like they are better than us.   It's going to be interesting.

8 hours ago, krunk said:

Then you have this continued talk about Bill Obrien leaving the Texans which seem crazy to me.  Supposedly over internal strife between him, Mcnair, and Rick Smith.  If he leaves then you have to wonder about the direction of the Texans.  If he does leave I would have to imagine maybe they give that job to Mcdaniels to reduce the staff and offensive and defensive scheme turnover.

I don't think he'll leave, but I get why there's beef. If you're an offensive minded head coach, and your GM gives $72m to a QB that you didn't get to meet or talk to, then tells you 'congrats on your new starting QB,' there will be an issue. Especially when that QB doesn't play well and gets benched at the end of the year with the division on the line.