Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

ya he was drunk a bit but he the girl he was with were fun to talk to. Were able to talk about the game going on without either of us having a team in it. It was a real nice time there. The only other park I've been to that actually has had fans stay that engage throughout a game was Wrigley. I know how some people give Cubs fan crap for getting excited on fly balls but the Red Sox fans did same.I really enjoyed the feeling at the game. 

I have no clue yet I mean I need to go to Wrigley this year still but for a new stadium it's either Kauffman or hopefully AT&T and O.co

Glad to hear that you had a good time. I can't recall if you told me if you've been to Camden Yards. I hear great things about it. Too bad the Orioles aren't any good. That might be a place that I might want to visit some time in the next year. The stadium in San Francisco looks beautiful too, but I don't think I will be going there.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The fact is yes Darvish has been bad but Jake has been as great as you are thinking. He's 6-6 and 1-4 lateley with a 5.5 i dont watch Phillies game but I think he may be having trouble again

Jake 6 wins, Darvish 1. Cubs would be in 1st with Jake is all I am saying. You seem to defend Darvish a lot. I hope for our sake he comes back and starts Pitching at least Average - I would even take that for now. He Is getting ACE money and has only 1 win and hasn't pitched in over a month. Jake is better and it is not even close, so far I have been sadly right about this. I say sadly because I am Cubs fan first. Theo isn't perfect and this proof.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:27 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is how dominant deGrom has been, he is Pitching like Doc. Reason why I wish the Cubs would trade for him. We need another top ACE.

The Cards are being linked to him in trade rumors.

19 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Cards are being linked to him in trade rumors.

What will the Cards give up for him? We need some top quality hitters. Do you have Almora-level hitters or better? (Almora - Cubs outfielder)

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What will the Cards give up for him? We need some top quality hitters. Do you have Almora-level hitters or better? (Almora - Cubs outfielder)

How about La Stella, Happ, and Caratini from the Cubs for deGrom? All somewhat solid hitters......Make it happen!!!! Although I just read the Cubs are looking for pitching help, but not necessarily an Ace:(

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

How about La Stella, Happ, and Caratini from the Cubs for deGrom? All somewhat solid hitters......Make it happen!!!! Although I just read the Cubs are looking for pitching help, but not necessarily an Ace:(

No deal. "Somewhat solid hitters" isn't enough for deGrom.  Almora and Rizzo or Almora, Contreras, and someone else. Even with that, I am not sure I like the trade. The only reason I might do it is because deGrom is 30. An ace pitcher is worth a lot. 

Whoever acquires deGrom has a good chance to win the whole thing. What is that worth? 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

No deal. "Somewhat solid hitters" isn't enough for deGrom.  Almora and Rizzo or Almora, Contreras, and someone else. Even with that, I am not sure I like the trade. The only reason I might do it is because deGrom is 30. An ace pitcher is worth a lot. 

Whoever acquires deGrom has a good chance to win the whole thing. What is that worth? 

Not worth mortgaging the future

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Glad to hear that you had a good time. I can't recall if you told me if you've been to Camden Yards. I hear great things about it. Too bad the Orioles aren't any good. That might be a place that I might want to visit some time in the next year. The stadium in San Francisco looks beautiful too, but I don't think I will be going there.

Ive not been there yet i hope to but havent had chance

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jake 6 wins, Darvish 1. Cubs would be in 1st with Jake is all I am saying. You seem to defend Darvish a lot. I hope for our sake he comes back and starts Pitching at least Average - I would even take that for now. He Is getting ACE money and has only 1 win and hasn't pitched in over a month. Jake is better and it is not even close, so far I have been sadly right about this. I say sadly because I am Cubs fan first. Theo isn't perfect and this proof.

Here is the thing though the cubs are 5-3 in his starts. Arrietta the Phillies are 8-9 in his start. You cant take a pitcher win as the end all be all. It is like the QB win stat it honestly is terrible stat. Yes i do defend him cuz I understand with a guy like him you got to be more positive especially with the way he takes it. As Epstein has said too Darvish is just very honest when he speaks about things. Comparing them to each other isnt helpful unless you are watching them pitch. Idk how Jake has been this year from watching but he too has gotten blown up a lot lately. He is regressing too. The hope with Darvish over Arrietta is long term. Jake skill set is a likely hood to erupt later when his speed goes down. Darvish is a hope that his stuff will play better than jake in long term. If he gets healthy he could do what Lester did and pick it up after a month of his time here. Also signing him was cuz arrietta wanted more more short term and it was killing our luxury tax hope darvish saved 4 mil per year and thus gives us a better chance to add right now and stay under it

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

No Rizzo but I will throw in Almora who is batting above .320. I love Almora but can't trade Rizzo.

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Here is the thing though the cubs are 5-3 in his starts. Arrietta the Phillies are 8-9 in his start. You cant take a pitcher win as the end all be all. It is like the QB win stat it honestly is terrible stat. Yes i do defend him cuz I understand with a guy like him you got to be more positive especially with the way he takes it. As Epstein has said too Darvish is just very honest when he speaks about things. Comparing them to each other isnt helpful unless you are watching them pitch. Idk how Jake has been this year from watching but he too has gotten blown up a lot lately. He is regressing too. The hope with Darvish over Arrietta is long term. Jake skill set is a likely hood to erupt later when his speed goes down. Darvish is a hope that his stuff will play better than jake in long term. If he gets healthy he could do what Lester did and pick it up after a month of his time here. Also signing him was cuz arrietta wanted more more short term and it was killing our luxury tax hope darvish saved 4 mil per year and thus gives us a better chance to add right now and stay under it

That is a fair enough Post and like I said I hope Darvish gets out of his funk and gets healthy otherwise advancing in the Playoffs will be real difficult. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know. :D That is like the Mets trading David Wright in his prime. 

Rizzo has really struggled lately but if I was a GM and traded him, Chicago people would kill me :lol:. Almora is real good and if the Cubs did trade for deGrom and he was in the deal, you would love him - he's young too.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

lmao

29 minutes ago, HOZER said:

lmao

Even if we traded Almora and Contreras for deGrom it wouldn't be the end of the world. Yeah they are both Young and Good but we could plug Caratini in at Catcher and we have a ton of guys that can play Outfield. deGrom is 30 but is playing the best Baseball of his career. If we got him we would have more of a shot of beating the Redsox, Yankees, and Astros. Whenever you have a team that has a shot at winning a WS you have to go for it as those shots rarely come. Baseball is a strange sport, alot of teams that win the WS don't even make the Playoffs next season. We are right there near the top still.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean how in the hell dont we need deGrom? The guy is Pitching like Doc Gooden and the Redsox, Yankees, and Astros are better. I am about winning Championships, not playing for 2nd place.

Imagine if the Red Sox, Yankees or Astros add deGrom?

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a fair enough Post and like I said I hope Darvish gets out of his funk and gets healthy otherwise advancing in the Playoffs will be real difficult. 

Ya I mean I hope with all this time he's been able to watch tape and see why hes been the way lately, hopefully he cleans it up to well

47 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I like all three, but none of those guys are our future, IMO, and we have some pretty good prospects in the farm as well. 

Who are the good prospects that we could bring up right now to actually off set at all

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even if we traded Almora and Contreras for deGrom it wouldn't be the end of the world. Yeah they are both Young and Good but we could plug Caratini in at Catcher and we have a ton of guys that can play Outfield. deGrom is 30 but is playing the best Baseball of his career. If we got him we would have more of a shot of beating the Redsox, Yankees, and Astros. Whenever you have a team that has a shot at winning a WS you have to go for it as those shots rarely come. Baseball is a strange sport, alot of teams that win the WS don't even make the Playoffs next season. We are right there near the top still.

Contreras and Almora both at this point of year should be untradeable. Before season yes could see Almora, now with his hitting and defense to take that away from the team would be detracting the value of degrom who is a one in 5 day starter. No matter how good his value at this point of season is gonna off set an Almora trade. Contreras is our catcher of future still. Caratini will be a back up in this league you do not want him as starter especially in a competitive year. Caratini has not shown at ML level to hit well enough and his defense is a bit below average. He could get better but right now it be  a terrible situation to have him as your starter.

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Contreras and Almora both at this point of year should be untradeable. Before season yes could see Almora, now with his hitting and defense to take that away from the team would be detracting the value of degrom who is a one in 5 day starter. No matter how good his value at this point of season is gonna off set an Almora trade. Contreras is our catcher of future still. Caratini will be a back up in this league you do not want him as starter especially in a competitive year. Caratini has not shown at ML level to hit well enough and his defense is a bit below average. He could get better but right now it be  a terrible situation to have him as your starter.

The only way to get an ACE is to give up value. Yeah if we could just give up Happ and LaStella I would be all over that. Mets would laugh at that deal.

Cubs trade rumors: Jacob deGrom edition

Quote from linked article above:

Jacob deGrom nicknamed The deGrominator, is a 30 year-old starting pitcher with a strong track record for the Mets and under team control via arbitration through 2020. He’s got a 1.68 ERA this year and the Mets could possibly consider moving deGrom this trade season.

It’s up to the Cubs to come up with a compelling offer to gain one of the very best starting pitchers in baseball this season. With the addition of deGrom to the current rotation, the Cubs would be unstoppable with Jon Lester, Yu Darvish (in hopes his health is good), Kyle Hendricks, Jose Quintana and deGrom.

I don't like the players that they are proposing to give the Mets in return. 

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Who are the good prospects that we could bring up right now to actually off set at all

His statement was that they are our “future,” I don’t agree, I believe we have good enough guys on now to offset the loss of those 3. From what I’ve read, there are some guys in the farm that could be pretty good in the “future.” David Bote did will filling in for Bryant, he could replace La Stella, we have Contreras and Gimenez(for now), and of course Almora instead of Happ.

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Cubs trade rumors: Jacob deGrom edition

Quote from linked article above:

Jacob deGrom nicknamed The deGrominator, is a 30 year-old starting pitcher with a strong track record for the Mets and under team control via arbitration through 2020. He’s got a 1.68 ERA this year and the Mets could possibly consider moving deGrom this trade season.

It’s up to the Cubs to come up with a compelling offer to gain one of the very best starting pitchers in baseball this season. With the addition of deGrom to the current rotation, the Cubs would be unstoppable with Jon Lester, Yu Darvish (in hopes his health is good), Kyle Hendricks, Jose Quintana and deGrom.

I don't like the players that they are proposing to give the Mets in return. 

I loves them :funny:. In all fairness Russell is Good though.

Archived