Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pirates are up on the Brewers 3-1 and we should beat SD so I fully expect to be in 1st place when I wake up tomorrow. Have to get up at 3 am for work. If not I will be very grouchy, just kidding. Good night everyone.

Good night. Talk baseball tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Cubs trade rumors: Jacob deGrom edition

Quote from linked article above:

Jacob deGrom nicknamed The deGrominator, is a 30 year-old starting pitcher with a strong track record for the Mets and under team control via arbitration through 2020. He’s got a 1.68 ERA this year and the Mets could possibly consider moving deGrom this trade season.

It’s up to the Cubs to come up with a compelling offer to gain one of the very best starting pitchers in baseball this season. With the addition of deGrom to the current rotation, the Cubs would be unstoppable with Jon Lester, Yu Darvish (in hopes his health is good), Kyle Hendricks, Jose Quintana and deGrom.

I don't like the players that they are proposing to give the Mets in return. 

I agree terrible 

A trade for JD involving those players would be a killer

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya I mean I hope with all this time he's been able to watch tape and see why hes been the way lately, hopefully he cleans it up to well

Who are the good prospects that we could bring up right now to actually off set at all

I know of none

Hmmm.....After reading that article, if the Mets would take Happ/Russell I’d be all in. We have replacements already on the roster, and “FUTURE” prospects. Not to mention who knows if Darvish will ever return to form, and Chatwoods been nothing to write home about.

33 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Hmmm.....After reading that article, if the Mets would take Happ/Russell I’d be all in. We have replacements already on the roster, and “FUTURE” prospects. Not to mention who knows if Darvish will ever return to form, and Chatwoods been nothing to write home about.

The Mets can get better players. I don't think the Mets would trade deGrom unless they were getting a boatload of talent. I think he is leading the league in ERA. He is has a WHIP of less than 1 (less than 1 walk/hit per inning). The Mets would be dumb to trade such a commodity for players that are not that much better than what they have. Give me a guy who hits over .300 and plays good D. That's Almora. But I don't see him going anywhere.

Atlanta has tons of talent in the minors. Too bad we won't trade with them.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The only way to get an ACE is to give up value. Yeah if we could just give up Happ and LaStella I would be all over that. Mets would laugh at that deal.

The fact though is your don't give up players that are top. I mean Contreras is consider a top catcher. With Realmuto and Molina and Posey. That defeats the help. Same as with Almora at least at this point of year. He is showing a good ability to hit both sides and his defense is still gold glove. That is why. It be different if there were prospects like a Torres but not guys who are very close to establishing self

6 hours ago, HOZER said:

His statement was that they are our “future,” I don’t agree, I believe we have good enough guys on now to offset the loss of those 3. From what I’ve read, there are some guys in the farm that could be pretty good in the “future.” David Bote did will filling in for Bryant, he could replace La Stella, we have Contreras and Gimenez(for now), and of course Almora instead of Happ.

Based on way I read it I was thinking it was a different way. I agree Bote could replace La Stella and same with Happ. Gimenez has been really bad this year. It be hard to stomach him. even with Caratini at least he has a chance right now and should get better in future.

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The fact though is your don't give up players that are top. I mean Contreras is consider a top catcher. With Realmuto and Molina and Posey. That defeats the help. Same as with Almora at least at this point of year. He is showing a good ability to hit both sides and his defense is still gold glove. That is why. It be different if there were prospects like a Torres but not guys who are very close to establishing self

I just happened to wake up just now, 1st place my friend. It's by %points but I love it. We now have the best record in the NL. I just think we need another ACE to be able to beat teams like the Astros, Redsox, and Yanks.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just happened to wake up just now, 1st place my friend. It's by %points but I love it. We now have the best record in the NL. I just think we need another ACE to be able to beat teams like the Astros, Redsox, and Yanks.

Honestly I dont think Yankees will be as dangerous as everyone seems to think. I feel like they are gonna be strike out city before WS. Sox I could see but it is pretty much Betts and JD from what I saw at game. Astros, ya. I also feel like Lester is a bulldog in Playoffs. Hendricks always seems to show up then. Q hopefully got everything from last year. Darvish I agree. Arietta was fire there. I mean if Darvish can do his NLDS NLCS playoff we would be in good position 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

El Mago making things happen in the 10th! Rizzo is my hero :thmup:

El Mago play was crazy right after him limping around. Rizzo hopefully he is getting out of funk cuz then our offense will hit another level

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Honestly I dont think Yankees will be as dangerous as everyone seems to think. I feel like they are gonna be strike out city before WS. Sox I could see but it is pretty much Betts and JD from what I saw at game. Astros, ya. I also feel like Lester is a bulldog in Playoffs. Hendricks always seems to show up then. Q hopefully got everything from last year. Darvish I agree. Arietta was fire there. I mean if Darvish can do his NLDS NLCS playoff we would be in good position 

I am praying Darvish gets his groove back if we don't make any moves. I always felt comfortable when Jake was Pitching in the Playoffs,

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am praying Darvish gets his groove back if we don't make any moves. I always felt comfortable when Jake was Pitching in the Playoffs,

That I do agree with you on. As i said earlier I hope this time with Borzello he's been able to watch film from his good game. Who knows maybe all this time off he'll be so healthy to end season

23 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

According to KFVS TV the Cardinals have fired Mike Matheny, John Mabry and Bill Mueller

The team also named named Mike Schildt as Interim Manager

Very surprising. I know the Cards have under performed but it isn’t like St Louis to make an inseason move. Also surprised they Schildt. Figured Oquendo.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It has been reported that he was having personal issues with players

Yeah I don’t follow them closely but I have heard a bit of that on the radio. No excuse for this team really. They have a lot of talent. It’s like the Cubs and Cards have swapped franchises the last like 4 years or so. Also why I would have thought Oquendo would better relate to the players.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who is Mike Schildt?

Bench coach...coached minors...honestly I felt like they don’t want to give it to Oquendo because if he does well they might have to make him the full time coach and they probably want to pick someone else after the season.

I don’t think the Cubs are in the market for a big time starter...more likely bull pen help. If Darvish comes back that will be like adding an arm. I’d love to have a power pitcher but I don’t see them giving up the pieces.

Hate these West coast games. Going to bed...hope we hold on.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Bench coach...coached minors...honestly I felt like they don’t want to give it to Oquendo because if he does well they might have to make him the full time coach and they probably want to pick someone else after the season.

Has Oquendo shown that he could be the manager? I remember Oquendo when he was the Cards' second baseman 25 or more years ago. I never thought he was head coach material.

@Jay Kirk Your thoughts?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Has Oquendo shown that he could be the manager? I remember Oquendo when he was the Cards' second baseman 25 or more years ago. I never thought he was head coach material.

@Jay Kirk Your thoughts?

3rd base coach...managed the Puerto Rico national team a couple times...I would just think him a players coach. Plus cardinal lineage. I think though like I said they will look outside the organization and thus don’t want to feel pressured if they did well under him because most cardinal fans like him. Anyways I don’t have any ties so maybe others can give more insight. Good night y’all.

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Very surprising. I know the Cards have under performed but it isn’t like St Louis to make an inseason move. Also surprised they Schildt. Figured Oquendo.

The inseason part is what surprised me. Honestly I thought they wouldve fired him after last season. He had been using ability but that point. I expected them to fire him after this season but like you i did not expect an in season firing.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think the Cubs are in the market for a big time starter...more likely bull pen help. If Darvish comes back that will be like adding an arm. I’d love to have a power pitcher but I don’t see them giving up the pieces.

Hate these West coast games. Going to bed...hope we hold on.

I have full confidence that we can win the NL Pennant but beating either the Red Sox, Astros, or Yankees without better Pitching will be really tough. It will be interesting to see if the Cubs do make a trade.

Archived