Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Man I love Baseball! My son started playing in a Pinto All Star tournament on Thursday(I’m Coach), played 5 games so far, 2 double headers, lost twice by only one run in the 6th inning both games(end of game per tournament). These boys are putting it all out there, so proud of them! Makes me wish I was a kid again out there playing some ball!!! We play again tomorrow night, wish us luck!!!!

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Man I love Baseball! My son started playing in a Pinto All Star tournament on Thursday(I’m Coach), played 5 games so far, 2 double headers, lost twice by only one run in the 6th inning both games(end of game per tournament). These boys are putting it all out there, so proud of them! Makes me wish I was a kid again out there playing some ball!!! We play again tomorrow night, wish us luck!!!!

I miss being a kid too bro, good luck to your son. Regarding our Cubs, we got this - only thing that concerns me is the overall Pitching. Brewers keep winning but they aren't better than we are and everyone knows it. The Yankees/Astros/Sox are scary though. 

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Sorry for the long absence , screen went out on my computer just got it back tonight.

Glad to have you back. You're always missed. I have not posted much because the Mets are so bad. I guess we will be big sellers come the trade deadline. 

How are your Cards doing?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Glad to have you back. You're always missed. I have not posted much because the Mets are so bad. I guess we will be big sellers come the trade deadline. 

Not bad not great just really a split on west coast trip or one game above 500 . Think they are playing the White Sox tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Cespedas for sale ? lol

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Thanks 

I will do a complete breakdown of the teams at the All-Star break. Cards are still hanging tough and very much in the Division race and Playoff hunt at 46-43. I wonder if they or the Cubs will make a trade? Cubs need another Pitcher IMO. The Redsox, Yankees, and Astros just seem so much better than everyone else but luckily they are in the AL. :D

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will do a complete breakdown of the teams at the All-Star break. Cards are still hanging tough and very much in the Division race and Playoff hunt at 46-43. I wonder if they or the Cubs will make a trade? Cubs need another Pitcher IMO. The Redsox, Yankees, and Astros just seem so much better than everyone else but luckily they are in the AL. :D

Really need Q and Hendricks to get on track and I believe we’d maybe be ok, that bullpen though...

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You can count on it.

5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Really need Q and Hendricks to get on track and I believe we’d maybe be ok, that bullpen though...

Cubs need another pitcher. How do you folks like J. A. Happ (or A.J. Happ) of the Blue Jays? He seems available.

Hendricks got the job done tonight, Giants only run was on Rizzo error. Rosario made it interesting but Chisek got us out of it....if Contreras gets out here Strop is up......hopefully the good Strop!

:woah:

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Hendricks got the job done tonight, Giants only run was on Rizzo error. Rosario made it interesting but Chisek got us out of it....if Contreras gets out here Strop is up......hopefully the good Strop!

:woah:

It would be a shame to waste an effort like Hendricks has had. They have the meat of their order up in the 11th. If we can get through the 11th we should be able to pull it out.

-Cubs win 2-0 over the Giants, nice win to stay pace with the Brewers. Cards also won so we needed this one as the All-Star break is approaching.

-A look at the NL Central Standings as of now:

Brewers 55-37

Cubs 52-37 (1.5 back)

Cards 47-43 (7 back)

-Cubs are comfortably in a Wildcard spot as a worse case scenario. The Wildcard picture looks like this in the NL:

Cubs 52-37

Braves 50-40 (2.5 back) Top 2 make the Playoffs

Dodgers 49-42 (4 back)

Cards 47-43 (5.5 back)

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-Cubs win 2-0 over the Giants, nice win to stay pace with the Brewers. Cards also won so we needed this one as the All-Star break is approaching.

-A look at the NL Central Standings as of now:

Brewers 55-37

Cubs 52-37 (1.5 back)

Cards 47-43 (7 back)

-Cubs are comfortably in a Wildcard spot as a worse case scenario. The Wildcard picture looks like this in the NL:

Cubs 52-37

Braves 50-40 (2.5 back) Top 2 make the Playoffs

Dodgers 49-42 (4 back)

Cards 47-43 (5.5 back)

Yes a lot of baseball to be played yet , especially in the NL . There are no shoe ins and anything can still happen , even on who wins divisions. That's what makes it interesting . Cards are getting healthy a real plus. Wong has been stellar defensively now his bat is waking up . A major plus. I look for Cards to make some minor move or two to shore up , but they are solid and have depth. 

On 7/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Winning streak is over, Cubs lose 3-2. Almost came back, Reds have our number I guess - funniest thing ever. Reds in the end may win the WS LOL. Against us they play like the 98 Yankees, against everyone else they are MEH. It's all good. We are 8-3 vs the Brewers but 3-7 vs the Reds, Baseball sometimes makes little sense.

I mean since they fired manager they are an above .500 team. As long as they beat Brewers and Cards too then we can be good

Archived