Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2020 season, Nationals Repeat?

Heading into June 28th the NL Central standings look like this:

Cubs 44-37

Brewers 43-38 (1 back)

Cards 40-39 (3 back)

Pirates 38-41 (5 back)

Reds 36-42 (6.5 back)

81 games down and 81 to go. We now have a great closer too. Tough 3 game series coming up at the Reds to finish June. The Reds are not too bad this year. 

As far as grades go for the team: Midterm through 81,

*Starting Pitching = B

*Bullpen = C but we have Kimbrel now

*Manager (Maddon) = A-

*Overall Lineup/Hitting = B

*3rd best record in the NL = B+

*Overall Grade would be a B for me. We have been inconsistent but still lead the NL Central at 44-37, 44-37 isn't very good or great but good.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Heading into June 28th the NL Central standings look like this:

Cubs 44-37

Brewers 43-38 (1 back)

Cards 40-39 (3 back)

Pirates 38-41 (5 back)

Reds 36-42 (6.5 back)

81 games down and 81 to go. We now have a great closer too. Tough 3 game series coming up at the Reds to finish June. The Reds are not too bad this year. 

As far as grades go for the team: Midterm through 81,

*Starting Pitching = B

*Bullpen = C but we have Kimbrel now

*Manager (Maddon) = A-

*Overall Lineup/Hitting = B

*3rd best record in the NL = B+

*Overall Grade would be a B for me. We have been inconsistent but still lead the NL Central at 44-37, 44-37 isn't very good or great but good.

I like all the grades except for Maddons, might have to slide him down to a B, he cuts Darvish and Chatwood too much slack. jmo.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I like all the grades except for Maddons, might have to slide him down to a B, he cuts Darvish and Chatwood too much slack. jmo.

Yeah I thought about that long and hard. I almost gave Maddon a straight B because of what you said. I went with A- only because Maddon has managed great despite the bullpen we have had. Our bullpen in reality could be a C-/D+ but because we added Kimbrel and he saved a game yesterday, I went C there. Everytime Darvish or Chatwood pitches I do cringe. I went B with starting pitching simply because of Hamels and Lester.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I thought about that long and hard. I almost gave Maddon a straight B because of what you said. I went with A- only because Maddon has managed great despite the bullpen we have had. Our bullpen in reality could be a C-/D+ but because we added Kimbrel and he saved a game yesterday, I went C there. Everytime Darvish or Chatwood pitches I do cringe. I went B with starting pitching simply because of Hamels and Lester.

I agree he has done a great job. Maybe it’s positive re-enforcement or reverse psychology or something for Darvish and Chatwood? No one obviously wants to hear they suck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I agree he has done a great job. Maybe it’s positive re-enforcement or reverse psychology or something for Darvish and Chatwood? No one obviously wants to hear they suck.

Yeah I hate to say it but they suck lmao . Maybe Darvish and Chatwood will come out of their funk but as of now I do not see it.

• Like 1

Not looking good early. Reds lead 2-0 already in the 2nd and Hamels left the game. Not sure what is wrong with Hamels. Hamels had went 7 innings in everyone of his starts. 

• Sad 1

Oh boy. Hamels hurt, and now Montgomery is in. Oh boy.

• Sad 1

6-3 now, Cubs trying to chip away. Heyward with a 2 run HR then Almora hits in Russell after he reached third on a triple.

• Like 1

That’s a wrap, doomed from the get go. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, HOZER said:

That’s a wrap, doomed from the get go. 

Hamels has a strained Oblique. He may be out 3 or 4 weeks is what I am hearing. Brewers and Cards both lost last as well. Does anyone want to win the division? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hamels has a strained Oblique. He may be out 3 or 4 weeks is what I am hearing. Brewers and Cards both lost last as well. Does anyone want to win the division? 

Might get interesting before the trade deadline end of July. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Might get interesting before the trade deadline end of July. 

Bumgarner is still there. You never know about Theo haha .

• Like 1

Cubs win and pretty easily today. Still in 1st place in the NL Central no matter what happens heading into June 30th. Fly the flag Hozer. Very nice win today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win and pretty easily today. Still in 1st place in the NL Central no matter what happens heading into June 30th. Fly the flag Hozer. Very nice win today.

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I am already sick of Thom Brenneman and Jeff “Cowboy” Brantley and the game hasn’t even started yet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am already sick of Thom Brenneman and Jeff “Cowboy” Brantley and the game hasn’t even started yet

I get the Cubs broadcast, thank God haha . I hope Jonny brings his A game. Hamels is out until August is what I am hearing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get the Cubs broadcast, thank God haha . I hope Jonny brings his A game. Hamels is out until August is what I am hearing.

I might turn on the SiriusXM Radio Broadcast

Hendricks back against the Pirates

• Like 2

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

What are the Reds wearing 

1936 jerseys, white jersey with red pants. White cap with red C

• Like 1

1936 jerseys, white jersey with red pants. White cap with red C

They are about as bad as the Eagles Throwbacks used in the 2000s

• Like 2

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

They are about as bad as the Eagles Throwbacks used in the 2000s

How about the bumble bee jerseys of the Steelers, Bad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about the bumble bee jerseys of the Steelers, Bad. 

Rugby based 

Almost every team wore them at one time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Add a little yellow and a clown mask to the players, I would feel like I was at McDonalds  watching Cincy. BigMac anyone? lmao 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What is is with the opposing team announcers lately? The Braves announcer said he would have decked Contreras if he had mouthed off to him during last weeks dust up(they have a history, and I wish he would have tried,lol) and then last night after Strop hit Puig, the announcer said that Strops lucky Puig didn’t “snap” his neck! lol, so much aggression! Maybe they should be getting random drug tests too? lol!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

What is is with the opposing team announcers lately? The Braves announcer said he would have decked Contreras if he had mouthed off to him during last weeks dust up(they have a history, and I wish he would have tried,lol) and then last night after Strop hit Puig, the announcer said that Strops lucky Puig didn’t “snap” his neck! lol, so much aggression! Maybe they should be getting random drug tests too? lol!

Brantley was no saint when he played

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Puig is a loose cannon. In all honesty I am not sure he wants to mess with Strop. Strop isn't scared of anything.

• Like 1

lol. Imagine if Bartman's play would've been a ruled a 3rd out. Cubs would've been in the WS in 2003 and Bartman gets no grief. Earvin has no chance of making that catch. That is a big call. 2 on with Rizzo up and an out like that makes me laugh.

• Thanks 1

Ok that was absolute garbage the ball was going to be foul, it was a REDS FAN that interferes, and it goes against the Cubs??? What a bunch of crap. So...what’s to keep opposing team fans from interfering EVERYTIME a ball is hit there? That is ridiculous, and the rule is flawed and needs to be changed. Don’t care if the fan is thrown out, it’s still wrong. Guess the net extensions can’t come soon enough. Crap.

• Thanks 1

We lost and fall to 45-39,

Cubs went 14-15 in June = average but their schedule was the toughest in the NL in June. Still in 1st place at the end of June or at worst tied for 1st with the Brewers. Brewers are playing right now. I will take it. Get well Hamels. It could be worse, we could be the Cards who have massively underachieved so far at 40-41. 

4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Unreal.

July will be a big month because I can see Hamels missing 3 weeks at least. We are still in 1st place at the end of June but luckily the Brewers and Cards keep stinking it up haha . 50% of the season is over and we are in 1st in the NL Central, lets see how July goes. Brewers are playing right now, if they win they tie us for 1st. If they lose, they will be 1 game back,

• Like 1