Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I guess I have to check him out more. But I am not impressed by individual game stats like hitting for the cycle. I prefer players who are consistently good, year in and year out, which he might have been. I remember him mostly for HRs.

My oh my, Mets are playing so poorly. 7-4 Texas.

He's averaged 13 wins above defensive replacement throughout his career. That's impressive as well. Mets have just had such bad luck this season

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Cubs up 10-2 Bottom of the 8th.... Lov'n it!!!!! Certainly making up for last weeks suckfest!!!!! lol!

Great Great Great

This has been a great Weekend/Week for me 

The Cubs are on a hot streak and Kentucky won their Baseball Regional including a win over IU

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Met losing 10-5 , leaving men on base every inning. They must have had at least 15 men left on base in 8 inn. 

It is my bedtime. Good night all. 

Sorry friend :( Good night.

16 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Cards are doing good

:facepalm: Yep just great PT I'm quickly not being a fan of Matheny's managing , last night not on him , but they have been in many games lately, even with leads and his hesitance to pull a pitcher especially in lets say the seventh to me is mind boggling . There are not very many pitchers out there capable of completing games , its the nature of the game. If he doesn't pull his head out of his A.. I'm fine with him being gone. Another thing troubling to me is I see players joking with opposing players when a games on the line. This to me doesn't cut it, time to put on the game face and play. In listening to Edmonds as an analyst I know he has no experience but definitely understands the game and he definitely has the fire. The Cards have plenty of talent on team and even in the farm , to me its time to put their feet to the fire. This isn't a good ole boys club its a business and needs to be addressed as such.

42 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

:facepalm: Yep just great PT I'm quickly not be a fan of Matheny's managing , last night not on him , but they have been in many games lately, even with leads and his hesitance to pull a pitcher especially in lets say the seventh to me is mind boggling . There are not very many pitchers out there capable of completing games , its the nature of the game. If he doesn't pull his head out of his A.. I'm fine with him being gone. Another thing troubling to me is I see players joking with opposing players when a games on the line. This to me doesn't cut it, time to put on the game face and play. In listening to Edmonds as an analyst I know he has no experience but definitely understands the game and he definitely has the fire. The Cards have plenty of talent on team and even in the farm , to me its time to put their feet to the fire. This isn't a good ole boys club its a business and needs to be addressed as such.

He looks lost at times

My Padres are tanking this season to perfection. Operation 1st pick overall is in full effect. Our rotation is 5 pitchers who might be a no. 5 guy on some other teams, but even that is subject to argument. But our farm system is strong, and the future is bright. Here's to World Series Champs in 2021!!!! :thmup:

2 minutes ago, Colt Cola said:

My Padres are tanking this season to perfection. Operation 1st pick overall is in full effect. Our rotation is 5 pitchers who might be a no. 5 guy on some other teams, but even that is subject to argument. But our farm system is strong, and the future is bright. Here's to World Series Champs in 2021!!!! :thmup:

One of your starters is a former Cub and Indiana Native

3 hours ago, Colt Cola said:

Welcome to the thread Colt Cola

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Missed ya, Jay. How have you been?

Ok Lol been busy last few days been on earlier some , tomorrow gotta run to Indy. Days I work time I'm on will be short back to 12 hours. Will have 4 day stretch off starting sunday . How are you ?

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Cardinals have signed a Cuban start out of the Nippon League

Right now I'm trying to find my way into Cards forum to see if I can get some momentum to dump Matheny , yes he has blown another one tonight

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I apologize for any typing errors I have made in the last few days

It looks like I have been pretty snarky and mean to the Cards

Lol its no problem no ones more po'd than I , they deserve criticism IMO really under achieving .

6 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Ok Lol been busy last few days been on earlier some , tomorrow gotta run to Indy. Days I work time I'm on will be short back to 12 hours. Will have 4 day stretch off starting sunday . How are you ?

I have been well. Thank you. I enjoyed my time in Maine and New Hampshire. It was beautiful there.

The Mets have been struggling. :(

I asked a question yesterday and wondered what you thought. Is Adrian Beltre a future Hall of Famer? He needs less than 50 hits to reach 3000.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have been well. Thank you. I enjoyed my time in Maine and New Hampshire. It was beautiful there.

I asked a question yesterday and wondered what you thought. Is Adrian Beltre a future Hall of Famer? He needs less than 50 hits to reach 3000.

Very good question hes good I think it can go either way and it depends on writers . IMO that needs changed , I think fans should have some say.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I personally believe Mattingly belongs and I can name others they snubbed

Archived