Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2006Coltsbestever

• NFLfan

• Jay Kirk

• PrincetonTiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

I just got an anonymous call on my phone which I usually don't answer when I don't see a number I recognize. I answered it and the person said SOX and hung up.  I have no clue who it was  

Posted Images

Mets play a double header tomorrow. Two of our injured starting pitchers will make their season debuts this weekend -- Matz tomorrow and Lugo on Sunday. Glad to have them back.

That means deGrom, Wheeler and Harvey will be going for the Mets against the Cubs next week.

• Like 1
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I will give you a hint

He was/is known for his mustache

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I will give you a hint

Liked to go behind the mound and syke himself and the batter

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Liked to go behind the mound and syke himself and the batter

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I will give you a hint

I sincerely don't know. You have to tell me. 

I don't the the Hungarian but I know the Dutchman.

• NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think some of that and why he has regressed is because of that ACL injury. That is a confidence issue with him now. He wants to keep that toe bent so if he gets hit in the leg, it will bend the way it needs to. He's got to trust again. That's why he made a lot of those bad throws this year because he didn't trust his line to protect him.   The messed up thing about that is he got his knee busted on a run play diving for 6.    Godspeed young man.
    • Bengals Round 1 Draft History: 2020 QB Joe Burrow – Torn ACL/MCL IR 2019 LT Jonah Williams – PUP Torn Labrum left shoulder 2018 C Billy Price – Foot injury missed 6 games – no longer starter 2017 WR John Ross – IR knee injury 2016 DB William Jackson – torn pectoral muscle IR 2015 OT Cedric Ogbuehi – entered camp with prior ACL injury – decline 5th year   Seems to me someone broke a mirror and the Bengals are having 7 years of bad luck drafting players in Round 1.  In 2014 DB Darqueze Dennard was healthy scratch most of the season.   Colts trade C Ryan Kelly to Bengals get R1P5 and Cincy gets Colts R5P148 Colts trade R1P21 to GB R1P29 (160) get GB R3P92 (132) and GB R5P156 (27.8)   Bengals                                Colts                                                      Packers                                             R1P5 (CIN-IND)                                     R1P21 (IND-GB) R1P29 (GB- IND)                                               R2P38 - RT                          R2P54                                                    R2P62 R3P70                                  R3P92 (GB-IND)                                R4P101                                R4P117                                                 R4P125 R5P132                                R5P156 (GB-IND)                             R5P148 (IND-CIN) P6P165                                R6P180                                                 R6P188 R7P195                                R7P211                                                 R7P218 R7P197   Restructured Contracts Grover Stewart, Jack Doyle, Kenny Moore II   FA Additions: QB Carson Wentz FS Marcus Williams 16m MLB Jayon Brown 6m TE Hunter Henry 11.5m   Draft R1P5 (CIN-IND) - LT Charles Darrisaw (VT) R1P29 (GB- IND) - C Landon Dickerson (Alabama) R2P54 - WR Nico Collins (Michigan) R3P92 (GB-IND) – DE Jordan Smith (UAB) played both edges R4P117 RDE Wyatt Hubert (Kansas St) R5P156 (GB-IND) – C Ryan McCollum (Texas AM) R6P180 OT Grant Hermanns (Purdue) R7P211 RB Gerrid Doaks (Cincy)   QB Carson Wentz, Jacob Eason RB Jonathan Taylor, Gerrid Doaks, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins WR T.Y. Hilton, Nico Collins, Zach Pascal, DeMichael Harris WR Michael Pitman Jr., Ashton Dulin, J.J. Nelson, Quartney Davis WR Parris Campbell, Dezmon Patmon, Gary Jennings TE Hunter Henry, Jack Doyle, Mo Alie-Cox, Noah Togiai LT Charles Darrisaw, Grant Hermanns LG Quenton Nelson, Joey Hunt C Landon Dickerson, Ryan McCollum RG Mark Glowinski, Jake Eldrenkamp RT Branden Smith, Danny Pinter, Will Holden   LDE Ben Banogu, Jordan Smith, Kemoko Turay LDT DeForest Buckner, Tyquan Lewis RDT Grover Stewart, Taylor Stallworth RDE Al-Quadin Muhammad, Wyatt Hubert WLB Darius Leonard, Matthew Adams MLB Jayon Brown, Zaire Franklin, Jordan Glasgow SLB Bobby Okereke, E.J. Speed LCB Rock Ya-Sin, Kenny Moore II, Isaiah Rogers SS Khari Willis, Tavon Wilson, Rolan Miligan FS Marcus Williams, Julian Blackmon, George Odum, Ibraheim Campbell RCB Xavier Rhodes, T.J. Carrie, Marvell Tell III, Tremon Smith
    • Not sure if we're better, but I think we have more hope. I for one, am just happy we checked the box. And I'm growing more confident it works out.
    • Not sure if it was ever a "character" issue. Sounds more like attitude to me. Purely my opinion, but he's a smart guy, has likely read everything written about him, and knows he needs to embrace this chance. If he chokes at Indy, he's likely done. Hoping he's self aware, and comes in with a fresh perspective and attitude. Regardless, I'm not sure fixing him, is really a monumental task the more I read, and the more I think about things. If his mechanics fell apart in one year, he should be able to fix them in an offseason. Sounds like he just got sloppy, and that was compounded by a lot of external things. Or one could say a lot of external things created a negative situation, and he became sloppy (perhaps stopped caring).   Whatever it is/was, I'm just not near as worried as I once was. Like I said, I think he'll return to at minimum 2019 form, and not sure Reich will have a lot to do with it. I think the freshness (new team, new city) will create a new attitude. And the OL and overall quality of the team in Indy will resonate.   I think I'm back to being more concerned about Reich lol... I don't buy all the QB whisperer stuff. Sure he's had musical chairs to deal with, but overall I credit his conservative scheme more than anything. And that's great when you're working with chaos or musical chairs. Not sure it'll be good enough to go deep once the chaos and musical chairs stop.
    • With some of the stuff that was going on with the Eagles it's not unreasonable of me to think it didn't have an effect on the whole QB/coaches/GM relationships with each other. And none of it being good for the team. Regardless I am not going to point a finger at anybody. I don't care. All I care about is from now forward.  IMO we are a better team right now that we were a few days ago.   
  • Members

• Four2itus

Four2itus 4,890

• Robert Johnson

Robert Johnson 97

• jmac_48

jmac_48 365

• WoolMagnet

WoolMagnet 3,111

• JoeThornburg

JoeThornburg 23

• funktacious2