Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank You Peyton

GoColts8818

Clearly there is a lot of speculation about Peyton Manning's football future. It has been well debated on this site and this thread is not for that.

It is to simply say thank you to Peyton Manning. Without him I think it's safe this would be a very different team and city today. I don't think Lucas Oil is built without him and I don't think the Super Bowl is here without it and you know what the Colts might not be here today without it.

People can debate about how the Colts would have done if we hadn't drafted Peyton Manning. I don't know. All I know is what happened because we did draft him and personaly as a life long Colts fan this has been what I feel like is the golden age of Colts football and there is no promise it'll happen again even if the Colts make all the right moves going forward. Yes I know we could have won more Super Bowls but I am just grateful he broughts us the one he did. I got to see my team win a Super Bowl in my lifetime and when I first started watching the Colts with Jeff George running the team the idea of winning a Super Bowl was just a dream. So I am just thankful I got to see them win one.

I am also glad I got to enjoy watching my team win as much as they have under Peyton Manning. Also I feel lucky to have gotten to see him play in person. It is truly like watching a master artist paint a masterpeace. Also I am glad in a world where so many pro-athletes have had "issues" that Peyton Manning has been a model citizen.

So I don't know what the future holds for Peyton. Like I said that isn't really the point of this thread. It is just simply to say thank you to one of the best pro athletes in the history of sports regardless of what his future holds.

Excellent post! Thank you Peyton for giving us fans the best football we could have imagined this last decade. Thank you for making our team that we root for every Sunday competitive.

How fast the years go by; It was not until the superbowl loss that I thought, Peyton won't be here forever, it is then I really truly appreciated Peyton Manning....so I thought.

Because his absence in the NFL, wow opened my eyes to his greatness even more.

I was so proud (like a parent) to have him be our QB. Rallying around the company as people called him "a company guy" during that Jets loss on to the road to a perfect season, when it was painfully obvious that he did not agree. He changed the game and increased the standard for QB.

Where ever you may be next year, retirement, a colt, or another team, I will root for your success.

Amen! Both of my deployments have been during the Colts' superbowl runs and I cant describe the joy and pride I had watching MY team from Indy play! Bragging around my fellow soldiers and what not. Watching the superbowl in the middle of the night in the Tactical Operation Center in Baghdad in 2007 and again in Kuwait in 2010. Great times. I hope he is back but if not then we need to put a statue of him at the top of the monument downtown! LOL