Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This would be a fantastic draft for Colts

Saw this yesterday and thought that'd be a very good start to the draft. No doubt others will have an issue with not seeing EDGE on there, but I'd be perfectly ok with this as of right now. Stinks that McMillan and Lawson go right before our 2nd pick in this scenario, as those would be good options as well.

This Mock has us drafting at 14.  I would be surprised if we draft that high.  I count 4 RB's in the 1st. round.  So many people would not do it but it looks like this year we could see quite a few in RD. 1.  Elliot's success will have many GM's trying to find a similar player, especially in a deep class.  A copycat league right?  Weak OL and QB class shifts everything with more trades in the offing especially with QB needy teams. I think we are going to improve our defense through a trade and or FA.   Acquiring solid younger players to immediately help the defense.  If they are successful I expect us to draft a RB in the 1st. round.  Maybe trading up to get one with our extra 4th assuming we are drafting later. .  The RB within reach.  Christian McCaffrey.  

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This Mock has us drafting at 14.  I would be surprised if we draft that high.  I count 4 RB's in the 1st. round.  So many people would not do it but it looks like this year we could see quite a few in RD. 1.  Elliot's success will have many GM's trying to find a similar player, especially in a deep class.  A copycat league right?  Weak OL and QB class shifts everything with more trades in the offing especially with QB needy teams. I think we are going to improve our defense through a trade and or FA.   Acquiring solid younger players to immediately help the defense.  If they are successful I expect us to draft a RB in the 1st. round.  Maybe trading up to get one with our extra 4th assuming we are drafting later. .  The RB within reach.  Christian McCaffrey.  

The thing with 4 RB's in the 1st round is this.....

Are there four teams who think drafting a RB in the first round is a smart thing,  and do all of those teams need a RB that badly?       I think the odds are overwhelming that the answer is no.      So, while four RB's may have a 1st round grade,   that doesn't automatically mean they'll all be drafted in the first round.

Also....

With our overwhelming needs on the defensive side of the ball,  I suspect the chances of the Colts taking a running back in the first round are very, very small,  maybe even pushing zero.

I think the chances that the Colts want McCaffrey are right around the same odds --- zero.    I don't see him fitting in with what the Colts want to do.      He's not a power back.      I think we'd take any of the other 3 before Christian.      But I think what we're more likely to do is take a back in the 3rd or 4th round and keep the priority as defensive.

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The thing with 4 RB's in the 1st round is this.....

Are there four teams who think drafting a RB in the first round is a smart thing,  and do all of those teams need a RB that badly?       I think the odds are overwhelming that the answer is no.      So, while four RB's may have a 1st round grade,   that doesn't automatically mean they'll all be drafted in the first round.

Also....

With our overwhelming needs on the defensive side of the ball,  I suspect the chances of the Colts taking a running back in the first round are very, very small,  maybe even pushing zero.

I think the chances that the Colts want McCaffrey are right around the same odds --- zero.    I don't see him fitting in with what the Colts want to do.      He's not a power back.      I think we'd take any of the other 3 before Christian.      But I think what we're more likely to do is take a back in the 3rd or 4th round and keep the priority as defensive.

We can agree to disagree.  We will have to see how FA plays out.  I think there will be RB's taken in the 1st. round ahead of us.   Probably not 4 because that includes McCaffrey.  I think easily two most likely three.  If the RB grades out a 1st. rd. pick and you need a RB, I don't think you pass to take another player with a lower grade.  It all depends on what order you rank your needs and who is available when you pick.  Chances are we might take one of the other three before Christian but unless we trade up that's not going to happen.  They will be gone. That leaves Christian who I think is a good fit regardless.  He is more of an all around dual threat back who has proven he can do it all.  I think I would rather have an all around back than just a power back.  You can always have a power back on the roster to compliment him.  I don't think we have an overwhelming need on defense especially with our young players developing so well.  We certainly have needs and we can address a couple of them in FA.   We will certainly draft defensive in this draft as well.  I am all about drafting BPA in an area of need who can start with the first pick.  

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

We can agree to disagree.  We will have to see how FA plays out.  I think there will be RB's taken in the 1st. round ahead of us.   Probably not 4 because that includes McCaffrey.  I think easily two most likely three.  If the RB grades out a 1st. rd. pick and you need a RB, I don't think you pass to take another player with a lower grade.  It all depends on what order you rank your needs and who is available when you pick.  Chances are we might take one of the other three before Christian but unless we trade up that's not going to happen.  They will be gone. That leaves Christian who I think is a good fit regardless.  He is more of an all around dual threat back who has proven he can do it all.  I think I would rather have an all around back than just a power back.  You can always have a power back on the roster to compliment him.  I don't think we have an overwhelming need on defense especially with our young players developing so well.  We certainly have needs and we can address a couple of them in FA.   We will certainly draft defensive in this draft as well.  I am all about drafting BPA in an area of need who can start with the first pick.  

Did you know our defense is ranked about 28th?

And for most of the season it's been ranked about 30th?

And you don't think we have an overwhelming need on defense?

Who are these young players developing so well?       

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'd be ok will every pick being D besides maybe one as a RB 

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

TJ Green

Edwin Jackson

Henry Anderson 

Hassan Ridgeway

David Perry  (nothing great but gets his job done)

Clayton Geathers

These are young players that are developing well.  

Just now, KB said:

TJ Green

Edwin Jackson

Henry Anderson 

Hassan Ridgeway

Clayton Geathers

So basically the middle of our D is still bad? What NCF is saying is we have no pass rush. We have the worst linebacking group in the league. Jackson is prolly gonna be come at best a serviceable backup. Geathers is good at S but we also need a S to pair with him that's better in coverage too. our corners outside vontae are nothing to get excited for all ourights talent is literally on the D line.

14 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

So basically the middle of our D is still bad? What NCF is saying is we have no pass rush. We have the worst linebacking group in the league. Jackson is prolly gonna be come at best a serviceable backup. Geathers is good at S but we also need a S to pair with him that's better in coverage too. our corners outside vontae are nothing to get excited for all ourights talent is literally on the D line.

I'm not saying the defence is anything great and they're only sometimes good but there is young talent that is being developed. There is no young pass rusher being developed and we should grab one or two next draft. TJ Green is going to be the S to pair with Geathers. IMO he has been decent in coverage. He's been getting better every week. Should of had a couple of interceptions but seems to have stone hands. With a good draft on defence this year we should have a better D in the future. The D won't be good for a few years because we have to groom the talent but is heading in the right direction. Thats all because we are developing the young talent we have fairly well.

5 minutes ago, KB said:

I'm not saying the defence is anything great and they're only sometimes good but there is young talent that is being developed. There is no young pass rusher being developed and we should grab one or two next draft. TJ Green is going to be the S to pair with Geathers. IMO he has been decent in coverage. He's been getting better every week. Should of had a couple of interceptions but seems to have stone hands. With a good draft on defence this year we should have a better D in the future. The D won't be good for a few years because we have to groom the talent but is heading in the right direction. Thats all because we are developing the young talent we have fairly well.

Well stone hands is not an attribute I'd like our S to haveat and I'd like them to be better then decent on coverage. what's needed to pair with Geathers is a ballhawk S.

4 hours ago, KB said:

TJ Green

Edwin Jackson

Henry Anderson 

Hassan Ridgeway

Clayton Geathers

I know who the players are.      My question was more rhetorical than actual.

Did you see today's game?      Houston had a fantastic defense today, and they did so even without the best defensive player in all of football.      Even without JJ Watt,  they still have tons of 1st and 2nd round draft picks all over that defense.

Our players....    are nice little complimentary roll players.    Not a single difference maker (yet) in the bunch.

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

I admit I haven't seen him, but he's smaller than our safeties..... add weight, he'll be what 235?  still too small

To play ILB? how is that too small go Google great Linebackers like Lewis Kuechly and Mosley they are all around the same size his size is in no way a problem 

Pre-Condition: 7-9

Mock (I do not see the Colts winning the Super Bowl in the next 3 years) ALUCKS 6,7,8th Professional Seasons

Trade Andrew Luck now for 3 1st Rounders Pick 2017, 2018, 2019 and a Second Round Pick 2017 and a Third Round Pick 2017.

2017 Mock (Fixes Defense, With Room to build moving forward.)

Trade Partners: Denver, Jets, Houston, etc...

1. Deshaun Watson QB

1. Tim Williams DE or Derek Barnett DE

2. Sidney Jones CB

2. Taco Charlton DE or Marquis Haynes DE

3. Gareon Conley CB

3. Montravious Adams DT

4. Tyrone Crowder OG

4. (Fleener Pick) RB

5. S

6. ILB

7. BFA

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:19 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

We draft a RB in the first Grigson should be canned. If we draft McAffrey in the first then we better fire his *** as soon as the pick is announced.

And what's sad is that's EXACTLY something like our genius general manager would do. And I like McAffrey, but definitely not in the 1st round LOL.

But I think you, I, and a lot of others will be happy this offseason. I think Grigs and the entire coaching staff will be fired.

2 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Pre-Condition: 7-9

Mock (I do not see the Colts winning the Super Bowl in the next 3 years) ALUCKS 6,7,8th Professional Seasons

Trade Andrew Luck now for 3 1st Rounders Pick 2017, 2018, 2019 and a Second Round Pick 2017 and a Third Round Pick 2017.

2017 Mock (Fixes Defense, With Room to build moving forward.)

Trade Partners: Denver, Jets, Houston, etc...

1. Deshaun Watson QB

1. Tim Williams DE or Derek Barnett DE

2. Sidney Jones CB

2. Taco Charlton DE or Marquis Haynes DE

3. Gareon Conley CB

3. Montravious Adams DT

4. Tyrone Crowder OG

4. (Fleener Pick) RB

5. S

6. ILB

7. BFA

Dude. Go away LOL. I mean how could you even consider trading Luck. Or bring it up PERIOD. He is our franchise. He's our guy. He just needs a GM to put talent around him, and a coaching staff to help him be in the same category as Brady. He's top 5-10 now. But with a beastly O-Line, a great coaching staff, and a beastly defense he will win us a couple SB's in the next 10-12 years. If we want to trade a QB we need to find a gem in the 3rd or 4th like a Wilson, Prescott, etc, Let him play in preseason, in blowout, and even let him start a game then trade him for a 1 and 2 LOL.

Luck is not going anywhere period

Deshaun Watson will never be as good as Luck.

41 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Dude. Go away LOL. I mean how could you even consider trading Luck. Or bring it up PERIOD. He is our franchise. He's our guy. He just needs a GM to put talent around him, and a coaching staff to help him be in the same category as Brady. He's top 5-10 now. But with a beastly O-Line, a great coaching staff, and a beastly defense he will win us a couple SB's in the next 10-12 years. If we want to trade a QB we need to find a gem in the 3rd or 4th like a Wilson, Prescott, etc, Let him play in preseason, in blowout, and even let him start a game then trade him for a 1 and 2 LOL.

Luck is not going anywhere period

Deshaun Watson will never be as good as Luck.

I completely agree.  That being said... Andrew needs to stop trying to make the play of the game on first or second down...in the first or second quarter...  These Alpha dogs do not know that they don't know what restraint means... Been noticing that Peyton trend of forcing something that does not need to be forced in Andrew...sometimes NOT making the play is actually the best move (Replay 6 points we gave to Houston due to the useless turnovers and 3 we left on the board...fumble) He best start stopping that nonsense...or I will mock drop his as...again for that Deshaun. Ha...

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

And what's sad is that's EXACTLY something like our genius general manager would do. And I like McAffrey, but definitely not in the 1st round LOL.

But I think you, I, and a lot of others will be happy this offseason. I think Grigs and the entire coaching staff will be fired.

Hope you are right! I'm just hoping we lose the next 3 then I'm sure Irsay will clean house 

Here's the problem about trading Luck this off-season.

1.    It's not a very good draft,  so the value of the picks goes down.

2.    Among the positions,  one of the worst this year is........   Quarterback.     There might not be a single QB drafted in the first round.     And there might not be anyone who becomes a starter,  they might all become back-ups.      There's no clear obvious QB to take to replace Luck.      Not in 2017.

3.    The salary cap hit would be enormous.     We just signed him to a huge new deal.    Our cap would get crushed trading him away.

Maybe some other year......        but not 2017.  

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

2.    Among the positions,  one of the worst this year is........   Quarterback.     There might not be a single QB drafted in the first round.     And there might not be anyone who becomes a starter,  they might all become back-ups.      There's no clear obvious QB to take to replace Luck.      Not in 2017.

3.    The salary cap hit would be enormous.     We just signed him to a huge new deal.    Our cap would get crushed trading him away.

I think the thought of even trading Luck is asanine. He isnt the problem with this team and he is a Franchise QB which alot of teams dont have, Does he make mistakes, sure he does, is he Peyton Manning? No he isnt but he is still Good and Very Good at times. We need a better Defense and our O.Line needs to improve as that is the 2 major issuse with the team as you already know.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the thought of even trading Luck is asanine. He isnt the problem with this team and he is a Franchise QB which alot of teams dont have, Does he make mistakes, sure he does, is he Peyton Manning? No he isnt but he is still Good and Very Good at times. We need a better Defense and our O.Line needs to improve as that is the 2 major issuse with the team as you already know.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

4. It's a completely horrible idea to trade the best young QB in the league 

Had to help you out NCF :thmup:

Marlon Humphrey when Jourdan Lewis still on the board?? I don't think so, also that would be a total disaster if neither Barnett nor T. Williams are available when were on the clock, 

Jourdan Lewis is best Secondary player on Michigan's Defense, this is a pretty decent draft but  we need a player that can get to the QB but no Draft is important to us until the black monday(if there's gonna be a change of regime), there could be a change of defensive scheme.