Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Getting to meet the GOAT

MR. Blueblood

Sunday was a day that I will never forget, I got my Super Bowl 41 Manning jersey autographed!  Coming into the game I decided to take the jersey in the slim chance that Peyton would come out before the game to sign autographs and I was fortunate enough that Colts.com photographed the moment for me.  I would like to thank the gentleman (no idea who he was) who stopped Peyton on the field to have a conversation with him directly in front of where I was standing.  I would also like to thank the fans around me who weren't yelling his name over and over again allowing him to have his conversation in peace.  Other fans weren't so respectful in this manner, and I do believe that is what brought Peyton over to our area.  I've watched him sign autographs before and when people start acting a fool he'll just walk away and sign in another spot.  It was like the planets aligned for this one particular moment.  There were many fans who left with a similar experience that I did because Manning was gracious enough to sign for quite awhile.  Now I need to get a sweet frame for it and hang it between my Wayne and Saturday jerseys where it belongs.  Oh and the Colts won, so that was the cherry on top!  What a great Sunday!!!!!

Peyton signing my jersey.jpg

Sweet.  We were not far from you, unfortunately I  didn't get to have that up close experience.  That would have made my day. Very envious for sure.

We did, however, get to meet several others from the team earlier in the day at the Hotel.  Dallas Clark Joseph Addai, Jeff Satutday and Brandon Stokely were so gracious singing my cap and taking photos with me.  It was a great experience.   

37 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Sweet.  We were not far from you, unfortunately I  didn't get to have that up close experience.  That would have made my day. Very envious for sure.

We did, however, get to meet several others from the team earlier in the day at the Hotel.  Dallas Clark Joseph Addai, Jeff Satutday and Brandon Stokely were so gracious singing my cap and taking photos with me.  It was a great experience.   

Brandon.Dallas_resized-3.jpg

How cool!  Once, a few years back, my oldest son and I were at a Braves game in Atlanta.  As we were headed to our seats, Dale Murphy was just standing in the concourse on his cell, ending a call.  I walked up and told him my son had been a fan since Dale was rookie with the Braves.  He graciously posed for a photo with my 35 year-old boy.

It's always a great experience when one of the greats takes time...

Thanked the whole thread. I love reading/hearing fans and the nicer athletes out there having good positive interactions. I'm sure they're harassed all the time by people, some nice many dumb i'd bet, it's nice to see the ones who understand fans having a great lifelong memory from the few seconds of time they may spend interacting with them. 

I was fortunate enough once to have a great experience as well. The year we opened in NY vs Eli (I think the SB season). I'll try to make it short so sorry for the rambling. Took girlfriend to a nice dress up dinner, more then I could afford. Sat literally a foot away from a table of giant men (was the entire oline with PM). I went full dumb and said 'Dude, Colts fan since the dark days, please autographs guys??', they laughed because you could clearly see I said it like a 5 year old talking to Santa. 

Peyton said no problem just let them finish there meal.

They grabbed some restaurant note pads and each wrote the typical best wishes on a note and signed. Great experience and appreciated time they didn't have to spend on a fan.

5 hours ago, IinD said:

Thanked the whole thread. I love reading/hearing fans and the nicer athletes out there having good positive interactions. I'm sure they're harassed all the time by people, some nice many dumb i'd bet, it's nice to see the ones who understand fans having a great lifelong memory from the few seconds of time they may spend interacting with them. 

I was fortunate enough once to have a great experience as well. The year we opened in NY vs Eli (I think the SB season). I'll try to make it short so sorry for the rambling. Took girlfriend to a nice dress up dinner, more then I could afford. Sat literally a foot away from a table of giant men (was the entire oline with PM). I went full dumb and said 'Dude, Colts fan since the dark days, please autographs guys??', they laughed because you could clearly see I said it like a 5 year old talking to Santa. 

Peyton said no problem just let them finish there meal.

They grabbed some restaurant note pads and each wrote the typical best wishes on a note and signed. Great experience and appreciated time they didn't have to spend on a fan.

I was walking back from a visit to the SB village at the end of the 2011 season, there were people taking pictures with someone outside St. Elmo's Steakhouse, I wondered who it was. It was Reggie Wayne. A couple of girls wanted to get their picture with him and I was a couple of folks away in the line for a picture. I told the girls that it was cool that he would take pics with a bunch of folks after walking out of a dinner. They told me they didn't know who he was and they were just taking pictures because everyone else was. I about was floored and rolled my eyes in my stomach. :thinking:

However, when I got a chance for my pic, I told Reggie I will never forget the winning catch to seal that 4th and 2 game and I hoped he would stick around. This was after the Curtis Painter season, as you all may know. Lo behold, he stuck around for a few more years and gave us more memories. Of course, I'd like to think I talked him into staying. :thmup: At least he heard this fan's feelings about him. :)