Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remember when i said we should have signed Orakpo?

Offseason before last I wanted us to bring in Orakpo bad. How many times can you get a dominant EDGE rusher for a cheap price. Well he's on pace for 19 sacks this year. 7 right now. And I don't think we ever even had any interest. I know most of the forum didn't want him lol. But anyways we signed Trent Cole.......Just another example of bad decision making. Orakpo would have really helped our D.

4 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

What makes you think he would have signed with us? Do you know for a fact that we didn't contact his agent? 

There is no need to bring up the past every single day Capt. Hindsight 

Dude he signed with the Titans. Heck yes he would have signed with us if we had went after him hard. You guys act like nobody ever wants to sign with us. It's hard telling how many really good to superstar caliber players would have signed with us over the last 5 years if we had been in on them.

30 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Offseason before last I wanted us to bring in Orakpo bad. How many times can you get a dominant EDGE rusher for a cheap price. Well he's on pace for 19 sacks this year. 7 right now. And I don't think we ever even had any interest. I know most of the forum didn't want him lol. But anyways we signed Trent Cole.......Just another example of bad decision making. Orakpo would have really helped our D.

1. 20/20 is always perfect.  Orakpo had a reputation for being injury-prone

2. Do you know whether or not we went after him?  It's possible they did make some sort of offer, but he rejected it

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:27 PM, COLTS449 said:

I remember

8 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

Erik Walden is on 6 so far...

Hindsight is 20/20

2 hours ago, buccolts said:

I predicted we'd take Luck, and we did. 

Look at me. I'm a genius too.

Its not hindsight. We're talking about a player, when healthy who is a top tier EDGE rusher. Double digit sack, freak of nature, machine.

And who said anything about being a genius, but I mean you'd expect a GM to have a brilliant signing once in a while at least right? Or is Orakpo just like every other free agent? You know we may have offered him a deal and he just wanted to sign with the Titans.

And you guys tell me this. Justin Houston is coming off an ACL injury. OK he'll be back this year, but what if he gets hurt again, misses the better part of 2 years gets released in the offseason? Wouldn't you guys want us to sign him if he appeared to be healthy and ready for the 17 season?

13 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Its not hindsight. We're talking about a player, when healthy who is a top tier EDGE rusher. Double digit sack, freak of nature, machine.

And who said anything about being a genius, but I mean you'd expect a GM to have a brilliant signing once in a while at least right? Or is Orakpo just like every other free agent? You know we may have offered him a deal and he just wanted to sign with the Titans.

And you guys tell me this. Justin Houston is coming off an ACL injury. OK he'll be back this year, but what if he gets hurt again, misses the better part of 2 years gets released in the offseason? Wouldn't you guys want us to sign him if he appeared to be healthy and ready for the 17 season?

Houston: I don't know enough about that situation to make a determination, and even if I did know enough, and was comfy in making an offer, it wouldn't be public, and he may not accept it.

Then, next year, you can criticize me for not getting that deal done, when, in fact, you just don't know what's going on.

On 10/23/2016 at 1:27 PM, COLTS449 said:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/3/9/8180977/report-colts-interested-in-brian-orakpo

14 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Houston: I don't know enough about that situation to make a determination, and even if I did know enough, and was comfy in making an offer, it wouldn't be public, and he may not accept it.

Then, next year, you can criticize me for not getting that deal done, when, in fact, you just don't know what's going on.

Hahaha. That's great 

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

If we were interested enough we could have signed him. Don't you think he would have liked to take more money from the Colts than less with the Titans. I'm just saying. But its JMO.

Good point, but I don't know him enough to know if he'd take more money from the Colts, and I don't know if the Colts offered more money, or less money, and I don't know if any of it would matter either way.

And how do you figure that a team would sign a particular player based simply on the fact that they wanted him enough?  Seems more than one person needs to sign the contract.

On 11/1/2016 at 6:18 PM, COLTS449 said:

If we were interested enough we could have signed him. Don't you think he would have liked to take more money from the Colts than less with the Titans. I'm just saying. But its JMO.

How so? how do you know that if we were interested "enough" we could have signed him? And how is it known our interest wasn't "enough" just because he didn't sign with us? What evidence is there to prove that?  It seems to me you think this is only a one way street when it comes to signing free agents, and that the Colts have the power and ability to make any free agent sign with them. But you don't seem to consider the Free agents side of things and what his interests, desires and preferences may be, outside of just money. It's a two way street. And we don't really know full details as to what offers or interest level was extended by the Colts in this case and we don't know what the response and reasoning could have been from Orakpo for not having interest or choosing Indy. 

Not trying to be mean here, but just don't get your line of thinking on how the Colts can sign anyone they really want, like it's just that simple. Not seeming to include the other side of the deal which would be the free agent himself.