Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edwin Jackson

BobbyMorris94

29 minutes ago, lewisjol said:

Pipe dream here, but what would the possibility be of trading for Freeman? The Bears are struggling this year. I know teams don't usually trade players with only just signing them but a guy could wish. 

I think that bridge has burned and would be a weird scenario to trade for somebody you willingly let walk away...to your point, pipe dream, but totally for it in an ideal world lol

10 hours ago, lewisjol said:

Pipe dream here, but what would the possibility be of trading for Freeman? The Bears are struggling this year. I know teams don't usually trade players with only just signing them but a guy could wish. 

not happening. 

46 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Yes. We should get some of those, I mean, how hard can it be?

How hard? Gee I don't know??? Maybe being able to find talent in the draft, and bringing in some impact free agents???? Maybe? Possibly? I don't know go ask the GM and staff of the Broncos, Seahawks, Vikings, etc.

15 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

How hard? Gee I don't know??? Maybe being able to find talent in the draft, and bringing in some impact free agents???? Maybe? Possibly? I don't know go ask the GM and staff of the Broncos, Seahawks, Vikings, etc.

Those are 3 teams that were bad for several seasons and capitalized on at least few years of drafting in the top 10 or higher. The Vikings alone had 3 first round picks in 2013, and 2 in 2014. 5 first round picks in 2 seasons, combined with great coaching, and you wonder why they're more talented? Really?

Just going over some of Edwins college film.  Kid is a really good blitzer,  physical, sound tackler and again I love the energy and enthusiasm.  He's side line to sideline, high motor and he attacks.  Definitely needs more playing time.

He had some issues playing the pass in preseason, but from the number of college clips I've watched on him he actually has pretty good awareness in pass coverage to go along with range and athleticism.  Just needs to make the necessary adjustments the pro game requires.  Definitley interested to see if he delivers with increased playing time.  Like what I see.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

PFF says he's the most underutilized colt. Why?

Could be because we've been using mcnary the majority of the season until the titans game where Edwin finally got decent field time. Not sure of his snap count vs packers though considering geathers was at ILB

On 10/28/2016 at 11:41 AM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Those are 3 teams that were bad for several seasons and capitalized on at least few years of drafting in the top 10 or higher. The Vikings alone had 3 first round picks in 2013, and 2 in 2014. 5 first round picks in 2 seasons, combined with great coaching, and you wonder why they're more talented? Really?

Vikings is truly the only case you have here. 

Broncos have not picked in the top 10 since the Von Miller pick in 2011, did not do so in 2010 either. They have made a lot of good quality FA acquisitions since Elway took over as well - Talib, Ware, Ward, Sanders to name a few and drafted Bradley Roby, Derek Wolfe, Trevathan, Malik Jackson all in the later part of round 1 or later rounds. Seahawks have not picked in the top 10 since 2010 either and a lot of key pieces of their team now - Chancellor, Sherman, RW, K.J.Wright, Bobby Wagner, Tyler Lockette were all picked rounds 2 or later.  Most of the playmakers on the Broncos and Seahawks teams are primarily from 2010 drafts or later.

So, the Colts GMs (since Polians were GMs in 2010 and 2011) have not done a good job compared to those other GMs in consistently finding draft pick and/or FA talent to make the team an elite SB contender.

Sorry to digress, back to Edwin Jackson :)

3 hours ago, achcolts said:

Could be because we've been using mcnary the majority of the season until the titans game where Edwin finally got decent field time. Not sure of his snap count vs packers though considering geathers was at ILB

But why have we been using McNary? He is bad.. I dont think Edwin really played vs the Packers. 

6 hours ago, 12to13 said:

But why have we been using McNary? He is bad.. I dont think Edwin really played vs the Packers. 

Edwin played a lot against Chiefs, but hardly played two weeks ago with Geathers at LB and in our passing personnel packages. He's a huge upgrade to either McNary or Morrison and should play more---adds a lot of speed and athleticism. 

8 hours ago, 12to13 said:

agreed, i think they were starting him after moore was cut because of his experience with the team, but eventually realized it was an awful idea lol