Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dan Dakich

LJpalmbeacher2

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

He also said that Luck is the best QB in the league when down 20+ points.  I don't agree that he's the most overrated player in the league, but he hasn't lived up to the expectations the pundits had for him when he entered the league.  

How would you surmise those expectations?

Well, let's see.  He's not God in cleats, so if that's your expectation, then yeah, he's overrated.  God in cleats is Tom Brady.  We all know that, or at least it's been beaten into our collective consciousness by the media.  If you mean he can't fix the running game or perk up the depleted, average when healthy defense, then yeah he might be overrated in your opinion.  If he is just supposed to throw the ball and take some risks here and there, and sometimes fail, but generally perform his duties pretty well, then no he is not.  The man can only do so much.  No QB out there, not even God in cleats, is going to lead his team to the endzone every drive.  Just doesn't happen.  And certainly not in Denver.  Luck does his job, with what he has around him, generally as good or better than anybody else, including God in cleats himself.  As we have seen in NE, they could plug about anybody with a pulse in there and succeed because everything around them is stable and works.  Andrew does NOT have this luxury.  If he himself has a poor or even below-average game, the team has no chance.  Even if he is great, it's still up in the air sometimes as we saw with Detroit. 

And how can you be overrated when the media generally thinks you're not living up to your draft status anyway?  Not many in the media say he's great anymore.

8 hours ago, grmasterb said:

How would you surmise those expectations?

He was touted as a once in a generation QB.  So far, I don't think he's lived up to that.  I'm not even saying that it's all his fault.  I lay a majority of the blame on the Colts organization for being very unstable and not surrounding him with a talented team.  

cant count how many times Andrews pass was knocked down. That's majorly because of the oline. Dan is a funny guy he should switch to stand up. 

I also think its funny that he won't let a caller tell him how it is. Dan will cut him off and talk over them, then hang up on them. Way to disagree Dan. Way to disagree. 

2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

He was touted as a once in a generation QB.  So far, I don't think he's lived up to that.  I'm not even saying that it's all his fault.  I lay a majority of the blame on the Colts organization for being very unstable and not surrounding him with a talented team.  

I think that may be overselling it a bit.  I recall a lot of Manning comparisons, and in some ways Luck has surpassed Manning's performance at the same point in their careers.

17 hours ago, Superman said:

I agree with the first paragraph.

I'm not talking about checkdowns. I'm talking about hot routes, players open immediately or shortly after the snap, and Luck didn't pull the trigger. Maybe he didn't think he had the window, maybe he actually didn't, but it looked like he had quick options and didn't see them or passed on them. 

Then there were times where he did pull the trigger, and the ball got tipped at the line, which sucks. They did a generally abysmal job of countering that. To me, you call screens -- inside and bubble -- and get some easy completions. You cut the edge rushers and throw some quick slants. And you move the QB. They moved the QB a little, but then you're not talking about quick throws, and you're generally cutting off one side of the field. They didn't do either of the first two things.

Some guy on here has been saying that Andrew isn`t a quick thinker post snap, combined with an inability
to put the ball on the money in the short to mid-range passing game. Of course this would be against a decent or better D.  He has never liked it, he LIKES to wait for his receivers to make their break then heave it. Enough so, previously, he would rather stand there and hold it and take the beatin'. 

We see hints of the Elway/Manning composite i would agree. He has to get considerably better post snap to be close to the guy that was Hyped to us.

On 9/19/2016 at 0:51 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

just said Andrew Luck is the most overrated player in the NFL.

He also said injuries are a excuse and it was stupid Reitz had no help with Von Miller.

I find it interesting that Dakich and all the other people criticizing Luck would do so one week after he torched Detroit like he did and this week he plays against arguably the best defense in the NFL the last several years and manages to keep the team in the game for better than 3 quarters and actually beat Denver last year and all of a sudden he's over rated. Im sorry, but Denver nearly killed Cam Newton last week. They nearly Killed him in the SB. They make great QB's look average. That's why they are SB champs.