Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Comparing/contrasting Luck with Wilson, RG3 and Rodgers First Four Years

NewColtsFan

On September 9, 2016 at 3:57 PM, southwest1 said:

NCF though is inferring or at least hoping the Joe Philbin will be able to open running lanes getting both Gore & Turbin to the 2nd level before they see legitimate contact or get tackled by a LB. 

INDY has always been a passing team to open up the run DG. We've never been Baltimore or Pittsburgh even when we had EDGE. 

Actually early on edge was so dangerous and so effective that the play action opened up the entire field for Peyton. I would say the run pass threat was very very complimentary of each other in those edge years. Much much different than what we have now and I think we are a long way from that with Gore right now. I don't blame frank we are just limited right now and he isn't a young philly anymore. 

On 9/9/2016 at 10:46 PM, SilentHill said:

Yea, that Seattle defense had nothing to do with it, Why don't you go look and see how many games Seattle won in the Wilson era when they gave up 24+ points?  Don't worry I'll do it for you, the Seahawks went 3-11 when the opponent scored 24 or more points. Wanna guess how the Colts did over the same time period? 13-19 and 3 of those games were without Luck, If you don't count the games Luck missed due to injury it's 12-17, we've given up 24 or more points *32* times in the past 4 seasons, on average we give up more than 24 points 8 games per season, WOW! Seattle? 14 times, for an average of 3.5 games per season. Wilson is touted for being efficient and not turning the ball over, but that is pretty easy when your defense is winning you games, Luck had to go out and make the wins happens on his own shoulders, and with that comes errors and mistakes, forcing balls, etc.

I don't wanna hear how other QB's had it harder than Luck, it's the facts only here. Luck has had the hardest 4 year run and overcame it all, lead this team to the playoffs 3 times, and 3 playoff victory's. I'd take Luck all day every day over Wilson and it's not even close.

Well add another loss to the total where the defense gave up 24+.

SMH

30 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

@NewColtsFan, today we saw 47 attempts

Right.       Because we got way behind.     But if you watched the start of the game,  we were trying for 35 attempts.       

If our defense is going to be this bad,  then we're going to throw the ball a lot.   Way more than I'd like.

Way more than what the teams optimally wants.      

I hope it's not going to be this way all season long.   Because if it is,  we'll struggle to make the playoffs.  

Andrew Luck will is an elite QB.  Unfortunately he has a incompetent GM in Grigson.  Luck will never have a Colts team with an average Defense like Peyton had or an Oline like Peyton had.  I see us making a SB appearance in 3 years or so when we fire Grigson the off season and Pagano!