Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts After Ravens-Colts Preseason Game 2

JPFolks

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO even signing Cromartie with his veteran minimum would be too much for a player who is just a shell of what he was once. His name is more popular than his play.

I am not expecting Cromartie of 2007. Pagano and his secondary coaches can get him into situations where he can excel at, IMO.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

As our featured TE and most likely seeing something like 75% of the snaps at TE, I would be expecting him to have something more like 750 yards and 6 TD's. Anything less (if he doesnt get injured) would be disappointing to me.

Agreed. I said at least 500 and 5. You're right.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I wonder about Kennan Lewis.  Is he healthy now, or still injured?  I know he got released.

He went from being a really solid corner to being pretty bad, but he was also injured last year and only played a few games. LOL Maybe if we sign several guys like Cromartie and Lewis we'll hit the jackpot with one LOL.

4 hours ago, Jason_S said:

come on now...that may have been true when Fleener first came into the league, but to deny that he vastly improved in his blocking during his time with the colts is just ignorant.

tumblr_lmxlul7wvW1qgfo5ao1_500.png

True.  I don't deny his improvement.  But there's no doubt Allen is the more complete TE.

17. By the way, teams are going to learn or should’ve learned that you don’t put a single tight end on Whitney Mercilusicon-article-link.gif (or any of these pass rushers). If you want your quarterback standing up by the end of the game, just don’t. Mercilus ran right past a seemingly disinterested and overmatched Coby Fleener to force a fumble by Brees.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/32-observations-from-Texans-vs-Saints/b2157268-92d7-4dab-86a9-bc9dbecc87be

Sounds Like the Coby We Are Familiar With!!!!

Up next

Replay

Postgame Sound: QB Brock Osweiler
More Video >
watermark.png

Slider thumb shadowSlider thumb
00:00
00:00/06:57

Slider thumb shadowSlider thumb

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Who I am to disagree with coach but I do not agree.  I agree that Having less information to process would be good for Harirson but, IMO he is too slow footed and plodding to be a good guard.  If the opposing team would be nice enough to line a DT directly over Harrison every time then I think he would dominate but that won't happen, they will force him to take angles to block someone and he is just not good at that.

Thanks for the thoughts.  I am not any kind of Harrison fan btw.

I've always thought Harrison would be better at guard. But wonder how much better? I still hope Thornton pulls a Jeff Allen and breaks out in his contract year, but Haeg's been looking good, and I think Good can be a really good G or RT. We have some options.

On August 22, 2016 at 6:43 AM, Jdubu said:

I hope you are right about the strength and conditioning coach improving Allen's outlook of staying healthy because he would be my choice of the two. My issue isn't with his talent and I was never a Fleener fan and believe for the money he got and the production he gave over his years wasn't worth the risk. That's where I am with Allen, his risks of injury history make me concerned with his high money contract and I felt we could have focused it more on a defensive FA without injury history concerns. Don't mistake that reason as I'm hating on Allen, I just find it concerning that we time and time again (polian years included) pay top money at a position on a risky player like this. Allen isn't a once in a generation type player you are forced to risk paying for like a Luck or Adrain Peterson type guy so spending top tier money on a TE that's missed a lot of time concerns me. That's all. 

We we can look back at every deal made and second guess it and is suspect this contract will be one of them, good or bad. 

Okay, that's fair. Maybe I jumped the gun on thinking that you were a fan who disliked letting go of Fleener. True, no one has a crystal ball when it comes to a highly paid athlete's health. No argument there JBU.

I don't think anyone is expecting Allen to redefine the TE spot for INDY just stay available & be productive when it counts that's all.  

35 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Okay, that's fair. Maybe I jumped the gun on thinking that you were a fan who disliked letting go of Fleener. True, no one has a crystal ball when it comes to a highly paid athlete's health. No argument there JBU.

I don't think anyone is expecting Allen to redefine the TE spot for INDY just stay available & be productive when it counts that's all.  

That is my hope is that he stays healthy and available. Coby was certainly a frustrating guy. All the measurable and the history with not only Luck, but with Pep as well and flopped or at least never played up to those measurable. He is now gone so I don't miss him but as a fellow Colt fan, lets both hope Allen plays the whole season and into the SB game as well :)