Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players Ruled Out for Preseason Opener

Bluefire4

3 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Don't put words in my mouth about Luck.  I didn't say anything about Andrew Luck did I?  Now if this season and in subsequent seasons he shows a propensity to be unable to stay on the field then the question will likely arise as to his durability and whether or not it has anything to do with what happened to last him last year.  But we certainly aren't there yet and hopefully won't have to engage in that conversation if all goes well. 

Dorsett's situation is distinguishable from Luck's as I'm using Dorsett's last three years because they show a recent trend since his injury which includes the two seasons immediately following.  He got hurt during his junior year so I'm interested in his reliability from that point onward. Since that time he has missed at least 33% of his team's games in 2 out of the past 3 seasons which is at least cause for some concern.  Dorsett has the burden of proof to show that he can stay on the field over the course of a NFL season.  Until he shows otherwise...his reliability is suspect in my opinion. 

Did I say you said andrew luck? Was there any mention that you said that in my post? I made a comparison. You can't cherry pick things to your liking because it confirms what you beleive especially when the facts disprove you. @BCoop is right on in his post.

I haven't been able to figure out how to start my own thread yet as a new member, so I decided to ask on this thread. Does anyone know if the Colts app will have a radio feed for the game? I see it has the game center with a play-by-play and chat, but I'll be working and can't get the game on the radio due to freakn PowerLines lines over the building. I have tried tunein radio before but that sucks, so any help where I can listen on my android would be appreciated!

27 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

So in other words, in 2 out of his last 3 seasons starting with his junior year at the U, Dorsett has missed at least a third of his team's games. He missed 42% of his team's games in his junior season at Miami and then roughly 33% of his rookie NFL season.   I'd say that is justifiable reason for me to have some trepidation in regards to his durability/availability particularly when Grigson invested a first rounder on the guy.  Then he injured himself again earlier in this off season.  Fortunately, he seems to have bounced back from that.  But yeah...based on the above I'm surprised and pleased that he wasn't on the no play list for today.  Hopefully, it's just that he hit a rough stretch over the last three years but I have concerns about his durability until he shows me he can keep himself healthy and available for 16 games. 

He broke his leg last year. Not like it was a soft tissue injury that was reoccurring. Perhaps we have a different definition of injury prone and that's fine. He's played in 84% of his games over the last 5 years. He missed games with a MCL and broken leg, not ongoing year after year nagging injuries. 

42 minutes ago, NaptownClown said:

I haven't been able to figure out how to start my own thread yet as a new member, so I decided to ask on this thread. Does anyone know if the Colts app will have a radio feed for the game? I see it has the game center with a play-by-play and chat, but I'll be working and can't get the game on the radio due to freakn PowerLines lines over the building. I have tried tunein radio before but that sucks, so any help where I can listen on my android would be appreciated!

I do not believe there is an option on the app, I heart radio might be a good option?

1 hour ago, twfish said:

Did I say you said andrew luck? Was there any mention that you said that in my post? I made a comparison. You can't cherry pick things to your liking because it confirms what you beleive especially when the facts disprove you. @BCoop is right on in his post.

The problem with the cherry picking argument is that it can make you blind to identifying potential negative trends.  At some point, negative trends must have a starting point.  Why would I be concerned with any of Dorsett's pre-injury years?  If Dorsett was healthy there is no issue or concern about his durability.  The question only arises after he has had a significant injury.  In Dorsett's case that was during his junior year.  We only have three years to go on since that time.  The thing with statistics is that they can be used to say what you want.   @BCoop used  the overall percentage of total games played over that  3 year period to make his argument stronger.  I choose to break it down by year to support mine and found that in 2 of those 3 years Dorsett did not suit up for at least 33% of the season.    In essence, we both presented the statistics in the light which  best supported the points we wanted to make. 

Your attempted Luck comparison could have been worded better to show that you were offering it as your own comparison and not making it seem as if I called Luck's durability into question.  That aside...your comparison wasn't relevant as Luck was only injured last season and has not played any subsequent seasons.  Unlike Dorsett, who has had two additional seasons since his initial injury during his junior year.  I think you brought up Luck's name and tried to associate my criticism of Dorsett to him  because you know that any perceived criticism of Luck around here usually generates a negative response.  But that comparison wasn't warranted.  Hence my need to post what I did on that.

Listen, at the end of the day...I want the Dorsett on the field and am hoping that he is a valued contributor for years to come. I just have my concerns. 

55 minutes ago, Larry Horseman said:

He broke his leg last year. Not like it was a soft tissue injury that was reoccurring. Perhaps we have a different definition of injury prone and that's fine. He's played in 84% of his games over the last 5 years. He missed games with a MCL and broken leg, not ongoing year after year nagging injuries. 

Ok I  give you that his injuries have not been of the re-occuring nagging variety...thank God for that at least.  But yet it still seems to be something going wrong with this guy.  MCL, broken leg; and whatever else it was that had him missing time at the beginning of the off-season...I'm beginning to lose track. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ok I  give you that his injuries have not been of the re-occuring nagging variety...thank God for that at least.  But yet it still seems to be something going wrong with this guy.  MCL, broken leg; and whatever else it was that had him missing time at the beginning of the off-season...I'm beginning to lose track. 

He tweaked his hamstring in OTAs but didn't miss any time.

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Luck, Gore and Mathis out.  Going to be a very ugly game.  

Not really.  Pretty suRe they will all make the team.  No need to play them 

Tolzien  is better than you think.  The RB 2-4 is still up for grabs.   Very smart IMO

25 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Luck, Gore and Mathis out.  Going to be a very ugly game.  

Wouldn't hurt to get in a little work.  Coaches complain about the lack of physical practices but turn around and sit guys in preseason.  Like a couple series is too much work?

17 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Not really.  Pretty suRe they will all make the team.  No need to play them 

Tolzien  is better than you think.  The RB 2-4 is still up for grabs.   Very smart IMO

Yeah, they all have fair shots to make the team.  Kind of glad Luck isn't playing, Rex is crazy.

Anxious to see Rogers and the new LBs.  Oline too, of course.