Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Surprisingly positive outlook about the colts from the media

CR91

I thought this was a pretty fair assessment.  If you watch the video, Willie McGinest points out Luck has been hit 375 times since 2012 (most in NFL -- and that is missing half a season).

I sure hope Philbin and the OL can come up with a way to protect him -- if they can, I don't see why we shouldn't have a successful year.

15 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I thought this was a pretty fair assessment.  If you watch the video, Willie McGinest points out Luck has been hit 375 times since 2012 (most in NFL -- and that is missing half a season).

I sure hope Philbin and the OL can come up with a way to protect him -- if they can, I don't see why we shouldn't have a successful year.

It was a decent article, not the usual rehash we hear on TV.  

The stat about Luck being hit so much is deceiving.  It implies the line was responsible, which is true to an extent.   A lot of those hits were because Luck extends plays and is willing to pay the price.

We all hope the line is better and that Andrew has learned from being sidelined so long.  I'm not concerned about the offense.  The D is a question mark.   

15 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Luck needs the other offensive dudes to step up as well so he does'nt feel the need or pressure to try to do it all his self we need to be able to run the ball we need receivers to find a way to get open , With the new QB coach we will see 12 's mindset change bad habits change with new offensive coach we will also see many changes in my opinion the coaching has sucked in recent years Pep Hamilton was a disaster IMHO , COACHING moving forward has the opportunity to look back & address those issues moving forward & The Colts across the board will be much better .

Believe in the Blue Go Colts ...

6 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Luck needs the other offensive dudes to step up as well so he does'nt feel the need or pressure to try to do it all his self we need to be able to run the ball we need receivers to find a way to get open , With the new QB coach we will see 12 's mindset change bad habits change with new offensive coach we will also see many changes in my opinion the coaching has sucked in recent years Pep Hamilton was a disaster IMHO , COACHING moving forward has the opportunity to look back & address those issues moving forward & The Colts across the board will be much better .

Believe in the Blue Go Colts ...

At this point the pressure is off of us which I love because many of the media think the Texans and Jags will be better than us. Andrew can go out there and play loose again as the underdog.

I think this offense is going to be awesome. I just like having Joe Philbin and Chudzinski in the same Laboratory tossing ideas around. It should be what we were expecting last year. New schemes for the Oline and just better coaching pretty much on every level of this team are going to be defining factors for this year. We have coordinators now who should be able to make adjustments and play chess with the big boys. Manusky and Pep always seemed to consistently have a problem with that. Monachino is new but I sense that hes a sharp guy. Very much into the details is what I pick up. I like a lot of what's going on.

Notable stats:

Worst completion percentage in league last year - 57% (primarily Andrew & Matt).

Only 6 rushing touchdowns last season, only 41 since 2012 (64 games).

Worst YPC in Gores career.

375 hits on Luck since 2012, most in the league.

Validates the eye test of abysmal O-line play and tragic coordinating by Pep Hamilton.

The good news is; the organization finally woke out of their denial and moved in a different direction!

On 7/3/2016 at 5:39 PM, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Yes it will be interesting if they can finally give Luck some time how effective he could be. 

On 7/4/2016 at 9:07 AM, Smonroe said:

It was a decent article, not the usual rehash we hear on TV.  

The stat about Luck being hit so much is deceiving.  It implies the line was responsible, which is true to an extent.   A lot of those hits were because Luck extends plays and is willing to pay the price.

We all hope the line is better and that Andrew has learned from being sidelined so long.  I'm not concerned about the offense.  The D is a question mark.   

Yeah I agree very well put.

Let's not forget Luck practicing his slide this offseason.  It's a big deal for a guy who brags on defenders (in mid air) while he's being crushed by them.  I'm hoping for smart play from the offense this year.  If that happens, I like our chances.