Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams said to be leaning toward Goff; Haven't ruled out Wentz...

NewColtsFan

In that video... Jeff Fischer... 27-36-1 in four seasons with the Rams.

That explains why he needs a QB. He sure can't put on a Peyton Manning jersey to "feel like a winner" anymore, so I doubt they trade back. He's a Goff fanboy, now. Plus, they moved to a new city, and what better time than now to revitalize the franchise with a new hot QB prospect.

I feel like Cleveland is going to stick with RGIII for a season to see what they have. It probably won't be pretty, but they need to try.

Actually, it seems it is having the opposite effect-

Browns Reportedly Interested in Eagles Trade
Thursday, April 14
Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported if the Los Angeles Rams take the quarterback Cleveland is interested in, the Browns could trade the No. 2 pick to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Browns Reportedly Open to Trading Back in Draft
Friday, April 15
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported the Browns are open to trading back after the Titans traded the No. 1 overall pick to the Los Angeles Rams. La Canfora also identified the Titans as a team "working hard" to move back into the top 10.

So it appears they are staying true to this report from January-

January 26, 2016
MOBILE, Ala. -- Browns Executive Vice President of Football Operations Sashi Brown said it's highly unlikely the club will trade up from No. 2 -- despite the fact someone can leapfrog them and grab their man.

"Go up? That would be shocking,'' Brown, who has final say over the roster, told cleveland.com Tuesday. "I think we're happy where we are at the No. 2 pick. If anything, we'd probably move back."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/sashi_brown_says_it_would_be_s.html

Interesting....   if they don't like the QB,  they don't like anyone else enough to stay at #2 and pick them?

So,  they're going to move back -- hypothetically to 8 -- and take.....    who?      I don't think there's a premium player unless Elliott falls to 8....     

I suppose it all depends on how much they're offered for the #2 pick.     The Titans certainly got more than I expected anyone to offer for the #1 this year.      Good for Tennessee.      

Now we'll see what the Browns do.....    will they maximize a trade?    Or will Cleveland be Cleveland and screw this up?

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting....   if they don't like the QB,  they don't like anyone else enough to stay at #2 and pick them?

So,  they're going to move back -- hypothetically to 8 -- and take.....    who?      I don't think there's a premium player unless Elliott falls to 8....     

I suppose it all depends on how much they're offered for the #2 pick.     The Titans certainly got more than I expected anyone to offer for the #1 this year.      Good for Tennessee.      

Now we'll see what the Browns do.....    will they maximize a trade?    Or will Cleveland be Cleveland and screw this up?

My money is on Cleveland being Cleveland 

41 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Is it just me or does it seem a bit crazy to make such a significant trade if your mind isnt 100% made up???

Yes.....     which is why I don't believe them when they say their mind isn't 100% made-up.

It's also why I think they might be trying to smoke screen Cleveland into giving them a pick, so the Rams could trade down one slot and STILL get the QB that they want.       Just a hunch.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

They will probably move back. There seems to be several teams wanting to get up there for that second qb (Philly or SF) but they'd probably move back for anyone in the top 7 or 8 and still get a guy they value highly (I think they prefer Ramsey the most but would be ok with Bosa, Jack, or maybe Ellitott so they could probably move back and still get a guy they value but I think they prefer someone on the defensive side of the ball...and considering they have been a little disappointed in their secondary I think Ramsey is the guy they would target.

They'd be crazy not to lean towards Goff. With just 23 starts, Wentz needs to sit behind and get plenty of tutoring, IMO. I would not roll the dice on Wentz if I expect my rookie to start quicker than necessary. With the Eagles, Wentz has a chance to be behind Bradford and learn something at least for a year.

This begs the question. There have been several cases of #1 and #2 being QBs, aren't they? Has there been a case where the #2 has significantly outproduced #1 over his career?

The only current case seems to be Mariota over Winston, we will see. But in most cases, the #1 QB seems to be prevailing over #2 (Peyton over Leaf, Luck over RG3...)

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

This begs the question. There have been several cases of #1 and #2 being QBs, aren't they? Has there been a case where the #2 has significantly outproduced #1 over his career?

The only current case seems to be Mariota over Winston, we will see. But in most cases, the #1 QB seems to be prevailing over #2 (Peyton over Leaf, Luck over RG3...)

QBs going 1&2 has only happened 6 times in the superbowl era.    But McNabb turned out much better than Tim Couch.  Archie Manning was better than Jim Plunkett imo,  but he was on a terrible team.   Plunkett went to the patriots then to the Raiders and won 2 superbowls.  Mariota and Winston is too early to call.    The other 3 times the number 1 guy was much better than 2

18 hours ago, chad72 said:

On April 23, 2016 at 11:51 AM, jvan1973 said:

QBs going 1&2 has only happened 6 times in the superbowl era.    But McNabb turned out much better than Tim Couch.  Archie Manning was better than Jim Plunkett imo,  but he was on a terrible team.   Plunkett went to the patriots then to the Raiders and won 2 superbowls.  Mariota and Winston is too early to call.    The other 3 times the number 1 guy was much better than 2

History unfortunately is going to be kinder to Plunkett than Archie though. But thanks for the response, I had forgotten about McNabb mainly because I thought he went later than second in the draft. I know I can count on some history buffs here without looking everything up :)