Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Free Agents still available for Colts

Here are some guys the Colts have to look at bringing in, because their roster is looking pretty depleted of depth and old at the moment...

ILB Jerrell Freeman (This needs to get done. Freeman is the Colts best ILB, and has coverage ability as opposed to D'Qwell, who I think should be cut if Freeman is brought back)

C Stefen Wisnewski (Considered a good zone blocking C, he must be in consideration to bring in)

CB Casey Hayward (Best fits in the slot, but Pagano had interest in him in the draft so maybe they think he can play outside as well)

FS Eric Weddle (FS is still a need since Adams is even older than Weddle. He has coaching ties to Indy as well)

WR Reuben Randle (Yes Indy has had its issues of signing free agent WRs, but Randle is still young at 26, and has size at 6-2. Could take the WR 4 spot)

OG Geoff Schwartz (He has had injury problems, but would come cheap and could be a steal at RG if he stays healthy)

OLB Junior Gallette (Provides depth at OLB and much needed pass rush)

Come on Grigs, gotta bring in some players to help out this team, preferably on cost efficient deals. If you only rely on the draft, this team once again will lack depth. Indy has so many needs.

42 minutes ago, Moncrief said:

Gotta wonder why Hayward is still on the market. Green Bay keeps there home grown talent

I would assume it's coming down to money at this point.  Hayward wants be paid as a 1-2 cb and most teams want him as a 2-3 cb.  he's waiting it out to see if a team gets desperate before lowering his price. 

We aren't spending big bucks in FA. No way do we pay a slot CB big money. Galette no way. Weedle we are trying to get younger not him either. Geathers is starting pretty sure that's why we drafted him 

At this point I'd be happy with Wiz and Schwartz on the OL and a vet CB. to hold down the outside until our rookie we take in the first 3 riunds of the draft is ready

19 hours ago, akcolt said:

We aren't spending big bucks in FA. No way do we pay a slot CB big money. Galette no way. Weedle we are trying to get younger not him either. Geathers is starting pretty sure that's why we drafted him 

At this point I'd be happy with Wiz and Schwartz on the OL and a vet CB. to hold down the outside until our rookie we take in the first 3 riunds of the draft is ready

I agree.  Wiz is young enough that he and Andrew could build the Manning/Saturday sort of relationship.  Getting the Guard allows us to fill the hole or at least add some depth and we what we have with the ZBS.   The CB fills Toler's spot, leaving us with a pass rusher/OLB in Round 1.  We build for depth from there on.  Maybe an RB in round 2 and then go OL and ILB.  

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

We are not signing Gallete. Get over it

He sure would help our horrid pass rush. I know he's dumb, but sometimes you gotta have a dumb guy or 2 on your team if you want to have the best team possible. I'll take him and his 10-12 sacks all day long.

9 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

He sure would help our horrid pass rush. I know he's dumb, but sometimes you gotta have a dumb guy or 2 on your team if you want to have the best team possible. I'll take him and his 10-12 sacks all day long.

The Saints didn't want to, and it doesn't seem like the Redskins want too either.  Matter of fact it doesn't seem like anybody else wants him right now.  Colts aren't the only team in the NFL that has pass rush issues.  At least you haven't moved on to Greg Hardy!