Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LAST COLTS MOCK 2016

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

I guess we don't plan on rushing the passer. I don't see how we don't take an OLB in this draft. We will take a CB somewhere too.

Agree.  Pass-rusher isn't coming in FA, so it's the top priority in the draft.

10 hours ago, Moncrief said:

Your first 3 picks could all go in the first round

They all could also not go in the first round.  It is a mock draft...my ideal mock. 

1. BPA

2. O-Line

3. SS

4. RB

5. O-Line

6. Sio Moore LB

All Needs.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Agree.  Pass-rusher isn't coming in FA, so it's the top priority in the draft.

Denver D-Line (DT) allowed Von and Ware to rush...We don't have the middle yet.  Are DE are fine this year. Nkemdiche DT=Wolff (Denver)

4 hours ago, akcolt said:

I guess we don't plan on rushing the passer. I don't see how we don't take an OLB in this draft. We will take a CB somewhere too.

Didn't we draft a CB high up last year...Dijon Mustard or something.  With what we have...no 6th round pick...this is the meat we need. Sio Moore was the LB

2 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Didn't we draft a CB high up last year...Dijon Mustard or something.  With what we have...no 6th round pick...this is the meat we need. Sio Moore was the LB

We took Smith in the 3rd last year. Toler needs to go Butler's contract expires at the end of the season. We need an uograde the #2 and slot. Maybe Smith fills one spot.

We need to draft a CB. It's one of the deepest positions in this class. We have Davis and not much else. Even if Smith ends up being a good CB. We will be in this same situation next year. 

Have you seen what CB's get on the open market? That Prince whatever is asking for 10M a year. Heyward is going to get 8M. We should take a CB in the 2nd or 3rd IMO. 

We still need to figure out whose playing outside this year. I would find a band aid maybe Gay then draft Howard in the 3rd. I would not buy a big name FA CB. 

Our needs on O are C and RG. Then on D we need help everywhere. Both Edges Walden isn't getting any younger. CB, NT, FS are the biggest holes to me.

I am holding out hope Irving and Sio improve both a year removed from injury and better coaching. 

18 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We took Smith in the 3rd last year. Toler needs to go Butler's contract expires at the end of the season. We need an uograde the #2 and slot. Maybe Smith fills one spot.

We need to draft a CB. It's one of the deepest positions in this class. We have Davis and not much else. Even if Smith ends up being a good CB. We will be in this same situation next year. 

Have you seen what CB's get on the open market? That Prince whatever is asking for 10M a year. Heyward is going to get 8M. We should take a CB in the 2nd or 3rd IMO. 

We still need to figure out whose playing outside this year. I would find a band aid maybe Gay then draft Howard in the 3rd. I would not buy a big name FA CB. 

Our needs on O are C and RG. Then on D we need help everywhere. Both Edges Walden isn't getting any younger. CB, NT, FS are the biggest holes to me.

I am holding out hope Irving and Sio improve both a year removed from injury and better coaching. 

Solid Logic.  

FA Possibilities --- Alex Mack C, Janoris Jenkins CB and Courtney Upshaw LB Lamar Miller RB would be welcomed additions to the Colts.

So Then the Bigger Picture (Drink the Koolaid with me)

O-Line Could Be: Costanza, Mewort, Mack, Spriggs, Shell

CBs: Toler, Davis, Jenkins, Smith, Ward, Bell

LBs: Freeman, Moore, Upshaw, etc...

DE: Walden, Mathis, etc...

DT: Perry, Nkemdiche, Jones, Kerr, Anderson etc...

If Perkins seems a bit of a want rather than need, then Eric Striker OLB...in the 4th.

Aguayo in the 5th would not disappoint either... 15years of excellence at Kicker is not a bad investment.

23 hours ago, FalseStart said:

1. Robert Nkemdiche DT

2. Jason Spriggs RG/ROT

3. Von Bell SS

4. Paul Perkins RB

5. Brandon Shell ROT

7. Roberto Aguayo K (Trade Up to Get-Release Adam Viniteri)

False Start!

We have a month and a half to go and you are calling this your last Colts Mock Draft. That is the definition of a false start.

We are not taking the drug head in the first round. Spriggs and Bell will likely both be gone before we pick in the second round. 

Just no. Horrible. Forget everything you have learned and go relearn it again. 

1 hour ago, FalseStart said:

Solid Logic.  

FA Possibilities --- Alex Mack C, Janoris Jenkins CB and Courtney Upshaw LB Lamar Miller RB would be welcomed additions to the Colts.

So Then the Bigger Picture (Drink the Koolaid with me)

O-Line Could Be: Costanza, Mewort, Mack, Spriggs, Shell

CBs: Toler, Davis, Jenkins, Smith, Ward, Bell

LBs: Freeman, Moore, Upshaw, etc...

DE: Walden, Mathis, etc...

DT: Perry, Nkemdiche, Jones, Kerr, Anderson etc...

If Perkins seems a bit of a want rather than need, then Eric Striker OLB...in the 4th.

Aguayo in the 5th would not disappoint either... 15years of excellence at Kicker is not a bad investment.

I like all your FA's but I don't see us signing top shelf FA's. I'd look at Jones or Wiz at C Harris maybe Brooks at RG. No way do we look at Lamar Smith too expensive and Gore will be the primary RB this year. 

I'm interested to see what we do on the back end. Do we resign Lowery? Or go with Adams and Geathers? What can Southward do? He was 68th overall pick in 2014. 6'1 211lbs ran 4.38 forty and scored a 31 on the wonderlic. 

CB is a huge question. I don't see spending the money it would take to bring in a long term solution. Do we draft a CB early let the rookie Smith and Tevin Mitchel battle it out to start opposite Davis? That seems to risky. I think we bring in a guy like Powers as a band aid. 

We stole Mitchel from Washington their 6th round pick last year. They tried to sneak him through waivers after he was injured. Mitchel is 6' 190lbs has NFL quickness and desired twitch but injuries were his problem in college. 

Grigs has said on several occasions we aren't going to be big players in FA. That being said I'd be happy if we added Wiz C Powers CB  Harris RG and a back up QB. 

18 hours ago, akcolt said:

Because the pass rushers in this draft aren't that special in comparison to the DT and corner talent. 

So why force taking a pass rusher when you can just wait for the value.  A talent like Billings in the middle will create pass rush in about 6 or 7 ways more than just a speed rusher. 

That would be the logic. FYI I don't endorse the ops draft lol. Just conversing with your thoughts. 

8 hours ago, Surge89 said:

Because the pass rushers in this draft aren't that special in comparison to the DT and corner talent. 

So why force taking a pass rusher when you can just wait for the value.  A talent like Billings in the middle will create pass rush in about 6 or 7 ways more than just a speed rusher. 

That would be the logic. FYI I don't endorse the ops draft lol. Just conversing with your thoughts. 

I'm all about Billings he's been my guy at 18 since he declared. He's taking Nkemdiche at 18 and the only other D player is Von Bell in the 3rd.

I think adding DL to help with the pass rush is smart. He didn't do that. We could solidify our DL in this draft. I would think at least we up grade NT.  There are options up a down the board.

We need to take an edge rusher somewhere. We won't walk away from this draft without taking an edge rusher.

I'm not sure what his FA looks like. A draft without a C, Edge Rusher, RG or CB? He's got his finger on the pulse of the team for sure. 

17 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I'm all about Billings he's been my guy at 18 since he declared. He's taking Nkemdiche at 18 and the only other D player is Von Bell in the 3rd.

I think adding DL to help with the pass rush is smart. He didn't do that. We could solidify our DL in this draft. I would think at least we up grade NT.  There are options up a down the board.

We need to take an edge rusher somewhere. We won't walk away from this draft without taking an edge rusher.

I'm not sure what his FA looks like. A draft without a C, Edge Rusher, RG or CB? He's got his finger on the pulse of the team for sure. 

Hmm I think my point is though this draft might have us without a suitable OLB to take.  I can easily see a DT in the first, with a CB/G/C in the next 3 rounds.  After that it will be depth picks and special teams.  I think everyone (including me) will have to understand that this just wasn't an opportune year to get an OLB.

41 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Hmm I think my point is though this draft might have us without a suitable OLB to take.  I can easily see a DT in the first, with a CB/G/C in the next 3 rounds.  After that it will be depth picks and special teams.  I think everyone (including me) will have to understand that this just wasn't an opportune year to get an OLB.

Sio Moore LB... (Cost us a 6th Rounder to Oakland)  That's our LB for this draft.  FA might grab one.  My  guess.

On March 8, 2016 at 8:48 PM, BlueShoe said:

False Start!

We have a month and a half to go and you are calling this your last Colts Mock Draft. That is the definition of a false start.

We are not taking the drug head in the first round. Spriggs and Bell will likely both be gone before we pick in the second round. 

Just no. Horrible. Forget everything you have learned and go relearn it again. 

If this MOCK draft happened, would you be disappointed?  2 things were clear from last year. 1. Protect Luck 2. Stop the Run   Add your comments...sure...not provide your mocking recommendations...not good.  Our QB was Out of Commission half the season.  Say it with me...  We were awful at stopping the run... Say it with me...  Our CBs (1 Pro Bowler, 1 2015 2nd Rounder Hurt,) were fine...

Recap (Anything other than this is getting to clever.)

1. Protect Luck (OL RD 1 or RD 2)

2. Stop the Run (DT RD 1 or RD 2)

Our QB was Out of Commission half the season!

4 hours ago, FalseStart said:

If this MOCK draft happened, would you be disappointed?  2 things were clear from last year. 1. Protect Luck 2. Stop the Run   Add your comments...sure...not provide your mocking recommendations...not good.  Our QB was Out of Commission half the season.  Say it with me...  We were awful at stopping the run... Say it with me...  Our CBs (1 Pro Bowler, 1 2015 2nd Rounder Hurt,) were fine...

I'm not sure you have been paying attention. Grig's and Pagano have both said the focus is on the interior of the OL meaning G's and C. 

And the PASS RUSH. As he put it protecting our QB and pressuring theirs. He went on to talk about the importance of the back end. He specifically talked about Smith challenging at nickel.

We have 3 OLB's on the roster who have played in a regular season game after releasing Werner and Newsome. All 3 are over 30. We will add OLB's probably in FA and the draft.

A CB is coming as well and you may see it in FA and the draft. Toler is a FA hopefully gone. Butler is useless on the outside and in the final year of his deal. No one knows what Smith can do. After that you start looking at Brown, Mitchel etc. Grigs talked about Smith challenging for the nickel spot this year. Grigs gets the importance of CB. 

But when you hear Grigson speak on the importance of having stable cornerback play, and its impact on the team’s fortunes, it’s hard not to get the impression that acquiring a cover corner ranks high on Grigson’s wish list in the NFL draft and/or free agency.

“You’ve got to create pressure,” Grigson said. “But I think it can also come from the back end. If you cover, then you can create more pressure up front. I think there’s been games where we’ve had good corner play; we’ve had nine three-and-outs. We can play good defense that way. A lot of times, we’ve kind of won or lost by how the secondary performed – defensively. That’s when we’ve had some of our best or worst games.”

Our biggest needs according to Grig's and Pagano are Interior OL Pass Rush and CB, the last two are obvious just look at the players currently under contract. 

I agree a NT would solidify the DL. A guy like Billings at 18 would be huge vs both run and the pass. This draft pass rushers can be found along the DL.

But simply watching what we are doing dictates OLB will be address in FA and the draft. Listening to the GM so will CB. I thought it was a given everyone knew the biggest holes this off season were CB #2 and C you have to add OLB to that with the cuts. RG needs upgraded. 

11 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Say it with me, this mock draft has no chance of happening because it is not at all realistic.

Say it with me again, this mock draft has no chance of happening because it is not at all realistic.

I am all about having a conversation about a mock, but yours is so far fetched that it is obvious you have done absolutely no homework. You have no understanding of anything related to the draft. You have not done any research about what type of War Room the Colts have, and what type players we are looking for. You have no understanding about where players will plausibly be drafted. 

This entire thread that you have created is nonsense. 

You want me to give you a insightful response? Then you need to create insightful posts. 

Now you can hate me for telling you the truth or you can accept the truth. If you accept the truth then you will begin the process of growing and learning. Only then will you have the knowledge needed to have a serious conversation about this.

Are you just blowing off steam and have no desire to really understand the draft process? If so then say that; and I would have ignored this thread.

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Say it with me, this mock draft has no chance of happening because it is not at all realistic.

Say it with me again, this mock draft has no chance of happening because it is not at all realistic.

I am all about having a conversation about a mock, but yours is so far fetched that it is obvious you have done absolutely no homework. You have no understanding of anything related to the draft. You have not done any research about what type of War Room the Colts have, and what type players we are looking for. You have no understanding about where players will plausibly be drafted. 

This entire thread that you have created is nonsense. 

You want me to give you a insightful response? Then you need to create insightful posts. 

Now you can hate me for telling you the truth or you can accept the truth. If you accept the truth then you will begin the process of growing and learning. Only then will you have the knowledge needed to have a serious conversation about this.

Are you just blowing off steam and have no desire to really understand the draft process? If so then say that; and I would have ignored this thread.

Show me a mock draft that has ever got it right, half right, quarter right in the history of the world? I based my assumptions reviewing the team and drafttek.com , walterfootball.com, ESPN, Colts Chats...and making a best guess.  Cheers.

10 hours ago, akcolt said:

I'm not sure you have been paying attention. Grig's and Pagano have both said the focus is on the interior of the OL meaning G's and C. 

And the PASS RUSH. As he put it protecting our QB and pressuring theirs. He went on to talk about the importance of the back end. He specifically talked about Smith challenging at nickel.

We have 3 OLB's on the roster who have played in a regular season game after releasing Werner and Newsome. All 3 are over 30. We will add OLB's probably in FA and the draft.

A CB is coming as well and you may see it in FA and the draft. Toler is a FA hopefully gone. Butler is useless on the outside and in the final year of his deal. No one knows what Smith can do. After that you start looking at Brown, Mitchel etc. Grigs talked about Smith challenging for the nickel spot this year. Grigs gets the importance of CB. 

But when you hear Grigson speak on the importance of having stable cornerback play, and its impact on the team’s fortunes, it’s hard not to get the impression that acquiring a cover corner ranks high on Grigson’s wish list in the NFL draft and/or free agency.

“You’ve got to create pressure,” Grigson said. “But I think it can also come from the back end. If you cover, then you can create more pressure up front. I think there’s been games where we’ve had good corner play; we’ve had nine three-and-outs. We can play good defense that way. A lot of times, we’ve kind of won or lost by how the secondary performed – defensively. That’s when we’ve had some of our best or worst games.”

Our biggest needs according to Grig's and Pagano are Interior OL Pass Rush and CB, the last two are obvious just look at the players currently under contract. 

I agree a NT would solidify the DL. A guy like Billings at 18 would be huge vs both run and the pass. This draft pass rushers can be found along the DL.

But simply watching what we are doing dictates OLB will be address in FA and the draft. Listening to the GM so will CB. I thought it was a given everyone knew the biggest holes this off season were CB #2 and C you have to add OLB to that with the cuts. RG needs upgraded. 

Misdirection, Gamesmanship... truth is we know what is needed...a health QB and stopping the run...Pass rush...etc.  Cheers

6 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Show me a mock draft that has ever got it right, half right, quarter right in the history of the world? I based my assumptions reviewing the team and drafttek.com , walterfootball.com, ESPN, Colts Chats...and making a best guess.  Cheers.

If you made that mock draft based on information you got from Draft Tek, Walter football, ESPN, and Colts chats then we have found the issue. You cannot comprehend what you read. Case closed. 

ESPN - Vonn Bell (ranked 17)

Draft Tek - VonnBell - (ranked 45)

Does this sound like a guy who will be drafted in the 80's?

You mocked Robert Nkemdiche to us in the first round. 

walterfootball.com

Third paragraph about Nkemdiche:

"Some sources said early on that Robert Nkemdiche has major off-the-field concerns and that part of the problem is his brother Denzel, who teams believe will follow Robert to his NFL city. Another said that Robert Nkemdiche wants to be a movie star and is more focused on being in the limelight than being a great football player."

We just cut a young cat with promising potential just for smoking week. Grigson has been burned over and over again by giving players with off the field issues a second chance. He is done doing that. Learned his lesson.

3 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

If you made that mock draft based on information you got from Draft Tek, Walter football, ESPN, and Colts chats then we have found the issue. You cannot comprehend what you read. Case closed. 

ESPN - Vonn Bell (ranked 17)

Draft Tek - VonnBell - (ranked 45)

Does this sound like a guy who will be drafted in the 80's?

You mocked Robert Nkemdiche to us in the first round. 

walterfootball.com

Third paragraph about Nkemdiche:

"Some sources said early on that Robert Nkemdiche has major off-the-field concerns and that part of the problem is his brother Denzel, who teams believe will follow Robert to his NFL city. Another said that Robert Nkemdiche wants to be a movie star and is more focused on being in the limelight than being a great football player."

We just cut a young cat with promising potential just for smoking week. Grigson has been burned over and over again by giving players with off the field issues a second chance. He is done doing that. Learned his lesson.

Just saw where ESPN rated Von Bell as the third best SS? I know three SS are not going to go in the first (17 Picks) round...or the second. (We lost Lowery...damn) Our D needs a little swagger.  Agree to disagree.  Good info though... The media are subjective fools BTW. Cheers.