Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts off-season Mock

Not usually to big on these until after the combine but here you go...

Cuts:

D'Qwell Jackson

AJ

Trent Cole

Werner

Restructure Art Jones

Resign:

Luck - 5yr/110mil (65 guaranteed)

Fleener - 4yr/20mil

Freeman - 4yr/20mil

Vinny - 2yr/5mil

Wynn - 2yr/2mil

Doyle - 1yr/850

FA Signing:

Trumaine Johnson - 4yr/28mil

Brandon Boykin - 3yr/16mil

J.R. Sweezy - 3yr/16mil

Alex Mack (hopeful) possible 3yr/28mil

2016 Draft:  Based on my BPA with need in mind

1st pick: EDGE Robert Nkemdiche - before combine but with possible off the field issues I think he will be available unless he interviews well.  Great upside if not there my back-up is again if there Alexander, Shaq Lawson, Derron Lee

2nd pick: SS Jeremy Cash - Good safety that can come in and have a year to learn and get some playing time plus play ST.  Replacement for Adams and pairs well with Geathers.  Other options are if Whitehair is here I would love him and if not go with Kyler Fackrell or possibly Alex Collins

3rd pick:  OLB/EDGE Deion Jones - Great player with upside and can be an immediate impact IMO.  another rotation edge rusher to help so when Mathis retires we have him and Nkemdiche.  If not available go with Josh Garnett if not previous picks where o-line or CB Deiondre' Hall (probably will be gone)

4th pick:   DT Chris Jones -  Size is impressive and should be able to create some havoc.  Good rotation with Parry and Anderson.  Other options would be DT Shawn Oakman or C Max Tuerk

That's all I have due to time but numbers and everything is just IMO and based on my BPA.  Everything is before the combine and anyones pro day so things will probably look very different next month.  Give me your feedback...

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

Not usually to big on these until after the combine but here you go...

Cuts:

D'Qwell Jackson

AJ

Trent Cole

Werner

Restructure Art Jones

Resign:

Luck - 5yr/110mil (65 guaranteed)

Fleener - 4yr/20mil

Freeman - 4yr/20mil

Vinny - 2yr/5mil

Wynn - 2yr/2mil

Doyle - 1yr/850

FA Signing:

Trumaine Johnson - 4yr/28mil

Brandon Boykin - 3yr/16mil

J.R. Sweezy - 3yr/16mil

Alex Mack (hopeful) possible 3yr/28mil

2016 Draft:  Based on my BPA with need in mind

1st pick: EDGE Robert Nkemdiche - before combine but with possible off the field issues I think he will be available unless he interviews well.  Great upside if not there my back-up is again if there Alexander, Shaq Lawson, Derron Lee

2nd pick: SS Jeremy Cash - Good safety that can come in and have a year to learn and get some playing time plus play ST.  Replacement for Adams and pairs well with Geathers.  Other options are if Whitehair is here I would love him and if not go with Kyler Fackrell or possibly Alex Collins

3rd pick:  OLB/EDGE Deion Jones - Great player with upside and can be an immediate impact IMO.  another rotation edge rusher to help so when Mathis retires we have him and Nkemdiche.  If not available go with Josh Garnett if not previous picks where o-line or CB Deiondre' Hall (probably will be gone)

4th pick:   DT Chris Jones -  Size is impressive and should be able to create some havoc.  Good rotation with Parry and Anderson.  Other options would be DT Shawn Oakman or C Max Tuerk

That's all I have due to time but numbers and everything is just IMO and based on my BPA.  Everything is before the combine and anyones pro day so things will probably look very different next month.  Give me your feedback...

These are fun to think about and put together.
   Don`t know how Chuck could look his veterans in the face if they cut DQ. He earned another year.
  I could see Fleener getting $26- 28 M from us for 4. Crazy in know.
  See Ertz. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/zach-ertz/

And Doyle has earned 3 years at around $7M total.

I think Trumaine Johnson will get $9M per in this environment. Love to have him. Do it!!
  We have Butler and (future Hall of Famer :) D'Quan) as our 3-4 CB`s so not sure why Boykin.
  Sweezy graded lower than Jeff Linkenback last season so ????
  lol on Mack
   Cash will surely go earlier. Love to have him.
     Come on Combine, FA. :coltslogo:

11 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Nkemdiche and Deion Jones aren't EDGE guys. Nkemdiche would be a DE in our 3-4, and Deion Jones would be an ILB. I'd be thrilled with Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Boykin, and Alex Mack in free agency though.

Deion is listed at OLB and I would like him as a ILB because he would be pretty solid.  I disagree with you on Nkemdiche though and he will fit as an EDGE in our 3-4 IMO.

5 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Deion is listed at OLB and I would like him as a ILB because he would be pretty solid.  I disagree with you on Nkemdiche though and he will fit as an EDGE in our 3-4 IMO.

I agree about Jones, he looks to play more like an ILB, and I don't think he has the size to be an EDGE guy. I don't think Nkemdiche could play OLB for us though. ESPN has him listed at 6'4 296, which is the perfect zie to play DE for us, and I don't think he'd have to speed to play OLB.

I keep reading Chris Jones is a borderline first round pick. The combine should help provide some answers as to where some of these prospects will fall. 

I am not sure Nkemediche fits our defense. He has a lot of untapped potential. However, he seems to more closely mirror Mario Williams, who was always an uncomfortable fit in a 3/4 scheme. 

So the more I see on Nkendiche I agree and think he is going to be great but not a true fit with our system as an edge.  About 20 to 30 pounds to big for a true edge rusher depending on speed.  Some guys are still fitting the mold with that size.  Leonard Floyd might be a better fit and should be available with our first pick as of right now.  

Chris Jones like many other players are going to do well at the combine and pro day and move up the boards so this being an early mock I have not worried about all of that.

Personally Chris and Deion Jones will probably be gone by the end of the 2nd round.  You just witnessed another SB winning team destroy competition because of Defense.  Do not be surprised if a lot of teams take this thought into the draft.

3 hours ago, Manning1887 said:

I keep reading Chris Jones is a borderline first round pick. The combine should help provide some answers as to where some of these prospects will fall. 

I am not sure Nkemediche fits our defense. He has a lot of untapped potential. However, he seems to more closely mirror Mario Williams, who was always an uncomfortable fit in a 3/4 scheme. 

He plays a different position than Mario Williams. 

Nkemdiche is nothing like Williams. Like Supe said they play different positions. I don't get why people are thinking otherwise. Nkemdiche would be a DE/DT in our scheme, and IMO, he would be a star. I don't want DL in the first though, unless all of Spence, Floyd, Lawson, and Ogbah's all off the board and a kid like Billings is there. Which I seriously doubt happens. Bosa and Lawson will go before we pick, and we'll be in range of the rest. A DT I would absolutely to get in the 2nd though, is Vernon Butler. That kid is going to be something special. There's just so many really good DT's in this class its going to push 1st round quality players to the 2nd, 2nd round quality players to the 3rd, etc.

Love the Nkemdiche and Chris Jones picks. Put those two along Kendall Langford and a recovering Henry Anderson and Arthur Jones and that's the beginning of a really good defensive line. This draft appears deep on talent in the secondary so I think the Colts should capitalize. A corner like Kendall Fuller may drop to the second and he should be the pick, and then in the third, a safety like Keanu Neal may be a good fit. Pass rusher is a need but it'd be much better served to wait until next year when the crop is much better.

I don't like the Nmediche background along with the influence of his brother who will be moving with him once drafted. I don't think Grigs and Pags will pull the trigger either unless he's some how available in the 4th rd. They like to select guys who are all about football 100%. High character guys. Take a look at every single guy we drafted last season. You will see this pattern