Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams have discussed bringing Peyton Manning to L.A. in 2016

bayone

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

The point might be: They could do both.

They bring the rookie in and tell him to watch Peyton for a year or two...and become Brock Osweiler. or better

Meanwhile..they get a star face to help them make the playoffs in a crucial return to LA year

Drafting a quarterback to sit usually doesn't go well nowadays. I think it would be a disaster. Manning's cracks would start to show and the new fans who want to see winning right away will be screaming for the brand new toy(though technically every player is new to them). Even though there are several guys this year who probably need to sit and develop...the NFL is very impatient when it comes to these things now.

1 hour ago, QwizBoy said:

Drafting a quarterback to sit usually doesn't go well nowadays. I think it would be a disaster. Manning's cracks would start to show and the new fans who want to see winning right away will be screaming for the brand new toy(though technically every player is new to them). Even though there are several guys this year who probably need to sit and develop...the NFL is very impatient when it comes to these things now.

I agree. Peyton going to the Rams would be a disaster. His age and physical limits would prevent him from giving the team and the fans what they want. IMO we will see Peyton play his last game this Sunday.

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree. Peyton going to the Rams would be a disaster. His age and physical limits would prevent him from giving the team and the fans what they want. IMO we will see Peyton play his last game this Sunday.

Well said CC1. In line with your age & physical limitations remark which I agree with wholeheartedly. 

I wanna have great memories of Peyton's illustrious NFL career not a horrific one where he's a shell of his former HOF self. I love the guy too much to ever feel embarrassed for him. If Manning plays for yet another year, he will not play well & I have no desire to see that at all. JMO. 

2 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Exactly QB. Fewer & fewer owners allow quarterbacks to be groomed for 4 years anymore like say Aaron Rogers under Brett Favre. 

It does feel odd that the Rams just can't find that field general to lead their team into the future with confidence under the Fisher era. Sam Bradford was always on IR all the time,  Austin Davis showed flashes of brilliance that just never materialized, & Nick Foles was supposed to be that elusive missing piece but he just never seemed to read defenses that well beyond a couple of games. The Rams are like Browns...Always a bridesmaid never a bride...They just can't locate a decent quarterback to save their franchise's life. Animal sacrifice is about their only viable option left. Just joking but it sure feels like it. 

Manning will do whatever he wants.  If he wants to go to LA for a year then that may be in his best interest, lol.  If he decides to retire, he could do that as well.  

To to quote Bob Marley in his song, Time Will Tell:

"Oh, time will tell...  Think your in heaven but your living in hell....."

7 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Well said CC1. In line with your age & physical limitations remark which I agree with wholeheartedly. 

I wanna have great memories of Peyton's illustrious NFL career not a horrific one where he's a shell of his former HOF self. I love the guy too much to ever feel embarrassed for him. If Manning plays for yet another year, he will not play well & I have no desire to see that at all. JMO. 

Yes I remember Namath and Unitas stuck around too long and it wasn't pretty.

16 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Jeff Fisher could never beat Manning so I guess if he played for the Rams Fisher wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. haha

Well, Jeff Fisher did beat Peyton with Vince Young as a Titan and Shaun Hill for QB of the Rams last year when Peyton's injury issues started as a Bronco. 

I am certain Peyton is done after this SB. There is nothing more in his career that he can accomplish in terms of NFL history annals or media opinion, IMO. Plus, he doesn't want to be seen as someone in the way of Brock now that Broncos fans and others have gotten to see him play, or in the way of the Broncos' roster improvement when they have to pay the likes of Von Miller and others next year. Thus, he would be going away on good terms with the Broncos too. He also is smart enough not to chance more physical setbacks. His life as a player has gone as well as it could, his life as a Dad and businessman is still in its infancy, so retirement is way too logical and practical at this point after this SB. :)

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Well, Jeff Fisher did beat Peyton with Vince Young as a Titan and Shaun Hill for QB of the Rams last year when Peyton's injury issues started as a Bronco. 

I am certain Peyton is done after this SB. There is nothing more in his career that he can accomplish in terms of NFL history annals or media opinion, IMO. Plus, he doesn't want to be seen as someone in the way of Brock now that Broncos fans and others have gotten to see him play, or in the way of the Broncos' roster improvement when they have to pay the likes of Von Miller and others next year. Thus, he would be going away on good terms with the Broncos too. He also is smart enough not to chance more physical setbacks. His life as a player has gone as well as it could, his life as a Dad and businessman is still in its infancy, so retirement is way too logical and practical at this point after this SB. :)

I was being sarcastic in my comment. Fisher after all have a Manning jersey hidden under his jacket. Plus I remember one game where Fisher went for a bunch of on side kicks because Manning was smoking the Titans so bad it had turned into a comical game. Kinda like the Miami game when Manning set them on fire and only had the ball 15 minutes in the game.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I was being sarcastic in my comment. Fisher after all have a Manning jersey hidden under his jacket. Plus I remember one game where Fisher went for a bunch of on side kicks because Manning was smoking the Titans so bad it had turned into a comical game. Kinda like the Miami game when Manning set them on fire and only had the ball 15 minutes in the game.

Yeah, I figured that after I posted mine :)