Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seattle (- 4.5) @ Minnesota (1-10-16)

oldunclemark

1:05 EST        5 degrees and sunny (there's a reason they had a dome) in Minneapolis..over-under 39.5

Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth on NBC

Seattle QB Russell Wilson (329 of 483, 4,024 yards, 34 Tds, 8 INTs) is coming of his best regular season

....as is WR Doug Baldwin (78 catches, 1,089 yards, 14 TDs)

Top 2 RBs are out but Wilson has 553 yards on 103 carries

Seattle has the No,1 rush defense (81.5 per game) in the NFL and they have held 8 teams to 13 points or less.

Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater (292 of 447, 3.231 yards, 14 TDs, 9 INTs) has been sacked 44 times and no WR has more than 720 yarsd

NFL rushing champion Adrian Peterson (327 carries, 1, 485 yards, 11 TDs) is probable.

Minnesota has 40 QB sacks and the 'D'; has allowed 20 points or less 13 times. The Vikings are the least penalized team (88 for 797) in the NFL

Seattle won 38-7 in Minnesota on Dec. 6 but this game has to be closer, if only due to the weather. When the Vikings played outdoors in another era, they had a huge advantage over west coast teams in the post-season.   I just don't know how Minnesota scores the 20-24 points they need here. Seattle has proven they can stop the run.

The 'under' is a shaky call because the defense here can score....SeaHawks will win and cover the 4.5 points 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm reading that the new Viking stadium will NOT be ready next season..

Its just bad to play outdoors in Minnesota in January

Can you please cite where you read that? Thank you

I have not read that anywhere. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

90 yards in a minute in below zero conditions against the best defense in football.  I would say it's the right move.   The Vikings are controlling the game so far

I see what you're saying, but I still think it's a bad decision. And so far, Minnesota's D has been more impressive.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

90 yards in a minute in below zero conditions against the best defense in football.  I would say it's the right move.   The Vikings are controlling the game so far

I agree. You said it better than I would. It is not worth the risk.