Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles Grigson A Favorite For Gm Job?

HGRekks

For those of you knocking their drafting are you forgetting Mccoy? D Jackson??? Maclin? Those are 3 of the top weapons in the whole NFL especially jackson and shady mccoy. Who here wouldn't love a RB and WR with those traits on the coach and let manning really have a shot to win another super bowl?

Maclin and McCoy were worth their draft spots. That's why I said "the Eagles have "hit" on a couple of high picks.". That be them. I don't include Jackson for character reasons. He is actually one of the reasons they have had a bad season - being a childish negative force since the start of training camp. There are also hints that they are now so concerned about his performance that he may not get the big deal he is looking for even when he is eligible. One 97.5 host the other day was repeatedly emphasizing that Jackson is useless over the middle because he is afraid to get hit, and not worthy of being considered a number one receiver. We're talking about a one trick pony with a serious attitude problem. Don't want him, and more to the point it was all evident before he was drafted, making him a poor selection.

And by the way Maclin is basically Pierre Garcon - who was drafted several rounds lower. Good player, but not an all pro to this point. McCoy is a fine running back, but their offense is a little different. He basically is "Westbrook 2.0". And for a lot of years now when Westbrook (or McCoy) is shut down, the Eagles go nowhere. The Colts are built differently, and I'd hate for that to change. These days you need multiple decent RBs to succeed, and their careers don't last long. The small extra benefit that a "star" RB provides doesn't mean all that much.

Now check out the rest of their depth chart.

Jay Glazer is reporting like he thinks this is the guy. He Tweeted:

"Hearing Colts really ilke Ryan Grigson from Eagles for their new GM. Solid Choice if they can get the deal done."

So sounds like he thinks it's just a matter of working out the contract. Take from that what you will.

Here's a thought. The dude has ties to the Rams teams that went to the Super Bowl. If we make coaching staff changes maybe we give Mike Martz a look for OC or something more. That could be scary or it could be the greatest show on turf part two with Peyton or Luck in control. I am not sure if I like the idea or not but it's interesting.

Here's a thought. The dude has ties to the Rams teams that went to the Super Bowl. If we make coaching staff changes maybe we give Mike Martz a look for OC or something more. That could be scary or it could be the greatest show on turf part two with Peyton or Luck in control. I am not sure if I like the idea or not but it's interesting.

The biggest problem with us having Martz here, is that most of his offense revolves around pass plays that take forever to develop down field, and if you dont have a top notch offensive line, the QB gets killed (like Cutler with the Bears).

I haven't been that impressed with the Eagles draft record recently, but he's not the entire front office. Still, it's all I have to look at.

I am excited by his background as an offensive lineman, however. A solid offensive line is the key to any solid offense. I assume (perhaps wrongly) that he'd also have a solid knowledge of the defensive line as well, having played against them all throughout college and some practices in the NFL.

I would have to think that Jim Irsay is asking about the mistakes with the Eagles and the successes. From what Jim Irsay said, He is really look fro a guy who has a vision for how this franchise should be run. This could bring Spagnulo as our defensive coordinator.

I am going to repeat myself here. Irsay made it clear that certain decisions will require the owner's approval and one specific decision he emphasized was any decision on a head coach. Considering how positively he has talked about Jim Caldwell, the new GM will have to have compelling reasons to fire Caldwell beyond the 2-14 record.

I am going to repeat myself here. Irsay made it clear that certain decisions will require the owner's approval and one specific decision he emphasized was any decision on a head coach. Considering how positively he has talked about Jim Caldwell, the new GM will have to have compelling reasons to fire Caldwell beyond the 2-14 record.

Or he needs to have a better candidate for the job.

I wonder what he is up to do...

Anyone has a link to official announcement???

There has been no official announcement yet. It's only a little after 9:30 am in Indy right now. But the major news gatherers are all reporting the information. I'm sure there will be a press conference in a few hours which will be available online via the Colts.com website.

It would be nice to have a breakdown of the 2-14 record between Caldwell, Polians and injuries (which are a factor as opposed to being an excuse).

• A coach has to get the most out of what he has; look how Tebow turned out with Fox adjusting- No injury to Wayne, Garcon, Mathis, Freeny, he is so unmotivating Caldwell that is-So, I guess when he atsrs season again iwth 0 and losing streak, then fire him? He will stay as one more yaer on contract

It would be nice to have a breakdown of the 2-14 record between Caldwell, Polians and injuries (which are a factor as opposed to being an excuse).

This is exactly what Irsay was talking about when he indicated that Caldwell's performance was still under evaluation. Unlike so many posters who hate Caldwell, Irsay know the situation much better than any of us and will make the decision with the new GM based on facts. So much of what I have read indicates people want him fired because he doesn't act like Cower or Gruden.

I'm hoping the new GM has the brass ones required to make the tough decisions this franchise needs in order to succeed long term.

I used to be really down on Ted Thompson of the Packers; in my ignorance, I really thought he was dismantling that franchise but time :) has shown what he's done for the Pack.

Good luck Grisgon; I wish you well for our team. I'm excited to see what the future holds for us.

I think, most of the fans would fire anyone for a 2-14 season, even if he is dancing at sideline like Michael Flatley.

That is why I am glad that fans don't have that authority. The problem with Caldwell is that so many of these fans wanted to fire him when he went 14-2.

This is exactly what Irsay was talking about when he indicated that Caldwell's performance was still under evaluation. Unlike so many posters who hate Caldwell, Irsay know the situation much better than any of us and will make the decision with the new GM based on facts. So much of what I have read indicates people want him fired because he doesn't act like Cower or Gruden.

While Caldwell has made many obvious mistakes, one can't underestimate just how much the Polians undermined his efforts in all aspects of his job. Caldwell did keep the team together and fighting (except for the NO game IMO)

The HC and QB(s) are pretty much the face of a losing season but we'll never know how much of the 2-14 was due to the puppetmasters behind the scenes as they pretty much covered their backsides. And who did Irsay immediately fire? He's not an dipstick despite what many think of his tweets.

That is why I am glad that fans don't have that authority. The problem with Caldwell is that so many of these fans wanted to fire him when he went 14-2.

He was antipathetic for some fans then. Especially after giving up perfect season, and loosing SB. He's also fired some experienced coaches, working for organization for a decade or more, what hasn't raised his popularity neither.

Besides, I think he made several mistakes in last two seasons, thats why his performance is under evaluation. Mr. Irsay with new GM surely wants to take every circumstances into consideration before deciding anything.

I wonder his press conf. Its gona be at 22:00 CET.

While Caldwell has made many obvious mistakes, one can't underestimate just how much the Polians undermined his efforts in all aspects of his job. Caldwell did keep the team together and fighting (except for the NO game IMO)

The HC and QB(s) are pretty much the face of a losing season but we'll never know how much of the 2-14 was due to the puppetmasters behind the scenes as they pretty much covered their backsides. And who did Irsay immediately fire? He's not an dipstick despite what many think of his tweets.

Very true.

The complicated thing about fans evaluating Caldwell..... good or bad..... is that in both winning and losing situations the perception has been that Bill Polian was often well into Caldwell's decision making realm.... and probably among the factors why the Polians are gone.

There is plenty of blame to go around on a 2-14 season but it appears that Irsay has correctly waited until the GM hire was done to see if perhaps Caldwell and Grigson mesh well as far as their philosophies for the team. And there is almost certainly a measure of Peyton's situation factoring in too.

They may or may not mesh well.... but it was probably the right way to do it and there are several good HC candidates out there if the team decides to let Caldwell go.