Denver (+6.5) @ Pittsburgh (12-20-15)

oldunclemark

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thank Brock too LOL

If you still think Denver's woes is based on its QB and not its HC, I am not sure what to tell you. Kubiak has been a mediocre HC his entire career unable to make adjustments which was on display in spades this game. He is known for late season swoons which appears to be happening again. Cincy had a nice showing today and can roll up into Denver next week and win.

Just now, amfootball said:

If you still think Denver's woes is based on its QB and not its HC, I am not sure what to tell you. Kubiak has been a mediocre HC his entire career unable to make adjustments which was on display in spades this game. He is known for late season swoons which appears to be happening again. Cincy had a nice showing today and can roll up into Denver next week and win.

If Peyton doesn't play I agree. If Peyton plays Denver will win out.

Just now, amfootball said:

If you still think Denver's woes is based on its QB and not its HC,

1 minute ago, amfootball said:

Pittsburgh was in the wrong defense for half the game...and Kubiak isn't their coach.

Stop with the adjustments...There's no magic

Kubiak almost won with a backup QB...wh's just starting out...

What you mean to say is: Its time to go back to Peyton. You can say what you see

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Pittsburgh was in the wrong defense for half the game...and Kubiak isn't their coach.

Stop with the adjustments...There's no magic

Kubiak almost won with a backup QB...wh's just starting out...

What you mean to say is: Its time to go back to Peyton. You can say what you see

No. What I said was Kubiak is a mediocre head coach. This team has been carried by its defense all season.

The sentiments here have been all over the place. When Peyton was struggling, all anyone did was blame Kubiak and his offense that did not fit Manning. And I agreed with those thoughts. But now that he has been on the sideline, you believe when he comes back running Kubiak's offense things will be different? They will be worse as the Denver defense is not nearly as dominant as it was earlier in the season.

You making day and night arguments..

Pitt has been carried by their offense all year...

To say Kubiak's offense doenst fit manning is true...but its not relevant to this game

To say he was outcoached toady is nonsense..Pitt was heavily favored and they played the wrong defense..

Manning comes back and they run a hybrid like they did when they dominated Green Bay.

Denver's defense is fine as long as they don't play Pitt.everty week

Manning was 7-2 as a starter..and hell be back

You're all over the yard here........ease up

31 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I agree.

Just like how NE offense sucks without Gronk.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You didn't miss much. How you doing Gramz? I still think Denver can win it all with Peyton.

I am doing great, thanks for asking.   We hosted a Christmas Party this afternoon for 30+   so I missed all the afternoon games, only caught the tail end of the Steelers/Broncos game.

I'm not sure what to think, to be honest.  I still think Brock is making rookie mistakes in the 2nd half of games and that will be a problem for them in the Playoffs against the better teams.    I, of course,  never give up on Peyton, but I'm just not sure if he'll be healthy enough.  They can't afford to lose any more games, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I am doing great, thanks for asking.   We hosted a Christmas Party this afternoon for 30+   so I missed all the afternoon games, only caught the tail end of the Steelers/Broncos game.

I'm not sure what to think, to be honest.  I still think Brock is making rookie mistakes in the 2nd half of games and that will be a problem for them in the Playoffs against the better teams.    I, of course,  never give up on Peyton, but I'm just not sure if he'll be healthy enough.  They can't afford to lose any more games, that's for sure.

Yeah having that Bye would really help, still doable if the Broncos win out. Too bad about our Colts but without Andrew it was iffy anyway.

What was interesting about this game as I look back is:

The Broncos ran the "Peyton Manning' offense  with Brock Osweier.

They ran from the shot gun most of the night. No bootlegs and few stretch runs.

Brock was rarely over center.

Threw the ball what 40-45 times. ..and scored 27..should have been more.

Got tot believe they wont need 34 points against Cincinnati and AJ

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I said it before, Broncos have to play Brock vs the McCarron led Bengals. If not for a bum shoulder, I think Brock would've put up more points after the half. Broncos TEs and slot options cannot catch reliably whatsoever.

Brock pa nicked on a few second half plays but Denver hasn't scored a second half TD in 3 weeks.

You cant blame the receivers for zero points

If Manning is ready...(a big 'if') he starts

7 hours ago, amfootball said:

No. What I said was Kubiak is a mediocre head coach. This team has been carried by its defense all season.

The sentiments here have been all over the place. When Peyton was struggling, all anyone did was blame Kubiak and his offense that did not fit Manning. And I agreed with those thoughts. But now that he has been on the sideline, you believe when he comes back running Kubiak's offense things will be different? They will be worse as the Denver defense is not nearly as dominant as it was earlier in the season.

Kubiak is a problem, I agree. I was never high on him when he was with the Texans either. Also even with Peyton I doubt they win today in Pittsburgh and it's not like the Broncos got blown out either, wasn't a totally bad showing. Steelers are hot right now on offense and going to be a load for any team. For a large part of the season it was/is the Broncos DEFENSE that has been carrying this team most of the way like you said. For Manning and Brock.......the D has been what I often felt held this Denver team together as the core this season. And I find it interesting that in two road games vs. good QBs (Ben and Luck when he was healthier) they got lit up a bit at times. I think the Broncos are going to need homefield and their chances are getting real slim at that now.

Brock is going to make mistakes......he is new at this. His potential is still there big time though.

Also the Broncos drop A LOT of passes this year, with Brock or Manning. Sometimes I just think those guys cant catch a cold.