Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SNF- Texans vs Patriots

RockThatBlue

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jules said:

I won't lie, I am laughing hard at times at this game. I am glad to see another team get embarrassed by the Patriots.

I'm actually cheering for the Texans.

The defense has held down the Patriots as best as they can, but the offense has just been horrendous...

Awesome game tonight all around! Just what the Pats needed after two awful weeks. Loved the way the defense played. Ryan shut down Hopkins. Very impressive. Pats defense sacked Hoyer at will all night. Not sure what O'Brien's game plan was other than those horrible wild cat calls that lost yardage every down. Great weekend of football.

Terrible showing by the Texan offense tonight. You have to put up points when facing New England. Tough loss, but onto the next one now. Hopefully Hoyer is alright, but I believe Yates will be fully prepared if he isn't ready to go. 

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

Terrible showing by the Texan offense tonight. You have to put up points when facing New England. Tough loss, but onto the next one now. Hopefully Hoyer is alright, but I believe Yates will be fully prepared if he isn't ready to go. 

Watt was not the same with the broken hand. Clowney looked good though. Your offensive game plan was head scratching. Not sure why they went away from the run when it was working.

I did love all the pregame hugs between the Pats and Texans that used to be Pats. Great to see Kraft give Wilfork the double cheek kiss. lol.

2 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Colts let Jacks put 50 on them, both of our teams are inconsistent.

Just now, amfootball said:

Watt was not the same with the broken hand. Clowney looked good though. Your offensive game plan was head scratching. Not sure why they went away from the run when it was working.

I did love all the pregame hugs between the Pats and Texans that used to be Pats. Great to see Kraft give Wilfork the double cheek kiss. lol.

How many are there like 30?

15 minutes ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Folks, looks like our Colts are still barely tops in the AFC South division at least for another week.  Yay!  :)

Thanks, New England!  :thmup:

Next Sunday is the rematch and showdown with the Texans at the real LOS!  :coltslogo::coltshelmet::coltslogo:

Yep- you moved out of the "in the hunt" column to the div winner column. For now like you say :)

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

Yeah Clowney was the bright spot. He has looked like the player we wanted him to be this season, which is great news. I didn't like the wild cat stuff, but BOB has been trying to be too cute lately. And oh yes, the ever popular double cheek kiss...a lot of love between these two organizations thanks to so many former Patriots being here. Good to see.

Ugh, that stupid "revenge tour" graphic is back.

12341555_10153849345139445_8412446311120

It would've only made sense had the Patriots gone undefeated. You beat up a Texans team that uses New England's former backups as the centerpiece of its offense for crying out loud.

Funny though, I didn't see this image the past two weeks being updated. Hmmmm....

6 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

It would've only made sense had the Patriots gone undefeated. You beat up a Texans team that uses New England's former backups as the centerpiece of its offense for crying out loud.

Funny though, I didn't see this image the past two weeks being updated. Hmmmm....

The revenge tour is a media thing. Brady wants to win every time regardless of any off-field stuff.

It was great seeing him actually get time last night to throw. Oline finally looked cohesive against a very good Texan front.

8 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

It is a little ridiculous.  Hopefully we'll see a few more on there by season's end. :P

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

The revenge tour is a media thing. Brady wants to win every time regardless of any off-field stuff.

It was great seeing him actually get time last night to throw. Oline finally looked cohesive against a very good Texan front.

I thought the Texans D held their ground for as long as they possibly could, it's that they got absolutely no help from their offense...

2 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I thought the Texans D held their ground for as long as they possibly could, it's that they got absolutely no help from their offense...

The Texans never got any pressure which allowed Brady to pick them apart. What surprised me was how good the Pats ran the ball after Blount went out. That was good to see as we will need to be able to run in Jan. I was baffled all around by the Texans game plan on offense. I am not sure what they were trying to do but having Hoyer hold the ball the way he did was a mistake. That being said, Ryan was locked in on Hopkins and Butler was solid on Washington. This Pats secondary is very underrated.

2 minutes ago, amfootball said:

The Texans never got any pressure which allowed Brady to pick them apart. What surprised me was how good the Pats ran the ball after Blount went out. That was good to see as we will need to be able to run in Jan. I was baffled all around by the Texans game plan on offense. I am not sure what they were trying to do but having Hoyer hold the ball the way he did was a mistake. That being said, Ryan was locked in on Hopkins and Butler was solid on Washington. This Pats secondary is very underrated.

Tom destroyed them. I got that prediction right.

2 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Pats can clinch the East with a Miami loss tonight. A pity as I was going to root for Phins to beat Giants. lol.

I don't hang Division banners, Only Conference Championships and SB Banners here and my 1 craptastic Final 4 deflategate banner just to show Andrew made a Final 4 and there was controversy haha If my signature was about Division banners I would have to get the Mods to help me extend the page because we have had like 100.

9 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

They just said Yates. What happened to Mallet? I thought Yates was decent? And while I'm asking questions and since I already took a dig at the other Texas team, how has Kellen Moore also not played?

Mallet was cut in November and has not been signed by another team. Pretty bad when you consider all the QB injuries out there. I think the over sleeping issue and the obvious exhibition of dislike for Obrien and Mallett , coupled with stinky play turned teams off ?

37 minutes ago, amfootball said:

J.J. Watt posts his lowest grade since his rookie season

The combination of a broken hand and the quick release of Tom Brady helped neutralize the Texans star.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/14/pro-j-j-watt-posts-his-lowest-grade-since-his-rookie-season/

more over he was double teamed. 

BB equates him to LT- "when an olinemen opposite had another responsibility it was normal- when the responsibility was to block LT (and JJ) you could see the fear in their eyes.

4 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

More like QUESTIONABLE luck lol. 

Yeah I don't think anyone will really know who waltzes out for us yet on Sunday. 

But, Houston has played Luck and Hasselbeck so they will be ready for both.

As for the our third string weeny nobody cares......