Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Irsay/manning To Make Joint Decision On The Future

presto123

I also think Irsay deserves some credit for this. He'll shoulder the blame if the "Manning decision" doesn't work out.

It takes some of the pressure off the new GM.

Some of his tweets make you scratch your head, but the more I hear from irsay, the more I like him.

I think he knows Manning will be able to play again...Sounded like he was almost ready to play on Jan. 1

..Irsay wants to sit Manning and Luck down in the same room and tell them what his vision of their future is...

..and see if they''ll go with it.

Manning has to give up practice time to Luck..and despite the Brett Farve case..I think Manning WANTS to work with his successor...and make him his legacy

Luck has to be okay with playing in nothing but exhibitions and blowouts for at least one (and maybe 4) years.

That;'s the sticky point

..and Irsay has to say (which we'll never find out) what he'll do for them if they both agree to his master plan for the Colts QB future.

In the end...they'll go along with it.

Welcome to the Pey-Luck all-stars.

..and the circus will come to town.

Manning - Yeah that name is bigger than GM

Glad that I don't support a team with that kind of philosophy. One player isn't as important as the role that the GM plays. Then again, didn't you say that you only started following the Colts because of Manning? That would explain your skewed viewpoint.

The highlighted part is clearly true because Polian was always giving out his draft strategy in January. Really nice guy that way - let the entire league in on his thinking.

Sarcasm off.

Your sarcasm's not needed, there was an article that said polian hinted who he was leaning towards drafting... polian stated two QB's that you cant go wrong on and its obvious who they are... its not hard to believe that he wanted to draft Griffin.

Yep its both Luck and Griffin.. problem is which one do you pick, i would take griffin, come the combine i think he's gonna out perform luck.. the extra picks with trading down is what that looks so good though... i really cant see how the colts can pass on that, if your gonna rebuild its the perfect move to make.

It is highly unlikely Luck even attends the combine. There is no reason for him too. He will only work out for a few teams that have a legit shot at drafting him.

First off why would his draft stock rise if he's already the top pick (ryan leaf) you cant compare leaf to griffin because griffin isnt the top pick....

Second please do not ever try to compare Jim to peyton again lol...... ever. If you look at peytons college stats compared to Jim youll see why it was a no brainer... polian knew what he was gonna get in peyton as well, the guy was a surgeon at Tennessee

And to my recollection it was Collins who took the giants to the superbowl wasnt it?

Are you saying Leaf was considered the consensus #1 pick? If thats what you are saying you are dead wrong.

It is highly unlikely Luck even attends the combine. There is no reason for him too. He will only work out for a few teams that have a legit shot at drafting him.

Are you saying Leaf was considered the consensus #1 pick? If thats what you are saying you are dead wrong.

There were a plenty of people saying Leaf was had the much bigger upside than peyton... causing ppl to say its Leaf and not manning the colts should draft.... i wont say its highly unlikely at all, its probable and very possible.. if he doesnt then that only gives Griffin the chance to get some more facetime.

Your sarcasm's not needed, there was an article that said polian hinted who he was leaning towards drafting... polian stated two QB's that you cant go wrong on and its obvious who they are... its not hard to believe that he wanted to draft Griffin.

You said Polian wanted to keep Peyton and draft RG3. What Polian said was there are a handful of highly graded players - 2 QB's, a RB, and couple of defensive players. That is a long way from him saying 4 months in advance of the draft that they will draft RG3.

You said Polian wanted to keep Peyton and draft RG3. What Polian said was there are a handful of highly graded players - 2 QB's, a RB, and couple of defensive players. That is a long way from him saying 4 months in advance of the draft that they will draft RG3.

This was on yahoo sports but i cant find the article.. "Tony Dungy noted on Saturday afternoon that Bill Polian, who was the Colts' general manager before being fired on Monday, had been studying a lot of film on Robert Griffin III, the Heisman-winning quarterback out of Baylor. With Polian gone, though, Dungy said that Irsay was likely to draft Luck.

The other option would be to trade the pick, with some reports out there that it could net the Colts three first-round draft picks and two second-rounders. Mort says that's not an option anymore, either."

It was in another forum which is where i copied this from, the fact that the colts would come out and say they are gonna draft luck straight out is a bit ridiculous and i dont think Irsay would do something like that... i personally would not want to see someone like luck SIT behind manning when he could be starting and showing what he has, its a total waste of talent and draft pick.

This was on yahoo sports but i cant find the article.. "Tony Dungy noted on Saturday afternoon that Bill Polian, who was the Colts' general manager before being fired on Monday, had been studying a lot of film on Robert Griffin III, the Heisman-winning quarterback out of Baylor. With Polian gone, though, Dungy said that Irsay was likely to draft Luck.

The other option would be to trade the pick, with some reports out there that it could net the Colts three first-round draft picks and two second-rounders. Mort says that's not an option anymore, either."

It was in another forum which is where i copied this from, the fact that the colts would come out and say they are gonna draft luck straight out is a bit ridiculous and i dont think Irsay would do something like that... i personally would not want to see someone like luck SIT behind manning when he could be starting and showing what he has, its a total waste of talent and draft pick.

That is all well and good but Polian never said they would take RG3. You know why? Because 4 months from the draft, no decision would have been made yet on anyone. Of course he was studying film on the guy. He was probably studying like heck on Luck too.

That is all well and good but Polian never said they would take RG3. You know why? Because 4 months from the draft, no decision would have been made yet on anyone. Of course he was studying film on the guy. He was probably studying like heck on Luck too.

You believe whatever you wanna believe mate but i think if polain was still the guy in indy he probably would have taken Griffin... thats just his nature, to take the less obvious guy.

You believe whatever you wanna believe mate but i think if polain was still the guy in indy he probably would have taken Griffin... thats just his nature, to take the less obvious guy.

In all the "evidence" that you presented here, never once did you provide anything that suggested Polian said he was going to take RG3. Even the statement you made above is far removed from your original claim thet Griffin was the guy. I am not arguing that Polian, and whoever the next GM will be, has an interest in RG3. But that is a long way from claiming that Polian said he would take him. Even if that is the intent, he would never, ever had made that statement. On the eve of the draft he would not have said that.

In all the "evidence" that you presented here, never once did you provide anything that suggested Polian said he was going to take RG3. Even the statement you made above is far removed from your original claim thet Griffin was the guy. I am not arguing that Polian, and whoever the next GM will be, has an interest in RG3. But that is a long way from claiming that Polian said he would take him. Even if that is the intent, he would never, ever had made that statement. On the eve of the draft he would not have said that.

Polian was going to be fired, didnt matter what he had said then beacuse he wasnt going to be the GM anymore.... there is another thread on here that said polian intent was to draft Griffin.. it all comes down to believing what you wanna believe.. its up to you.

Polian was going to be fired, didnt matter what he had said then beacuse he wasnt going to be the GM anymore.... there is another thread on here that said polian intent was to draft Griffin.. it all comes down to believing what you wanna believe.. its up to you.

I can't spell it out any clearer for you.

You may believe that Polian wanted to take RG3, and he may have. But he never, ever said that is what they were going to do.

I can't spell it out any clearer for you.

You may believe that Polian wanted to take RG3, and he may have. But he never, ever said that is what they were going to do.

Are you suppose to be like a insider or something? if not then you dont know that at all.. the guy went on radio saying there's two QB's you cant go wrong on so why cant you believe that?

Like i said believe what you wanna believe... end of

Are you suppose to be like a insider or something? if not then you dont know that at all.. the guy went on radio saying there's two QB's you cant go wrong on so why cant you believe that?

Like i said believe what you wanna believe... end of

I don't know how you got that Polian was going to pick RG3 out of that statement.

I don't know how you got that Polian was going to pick RG3 out of that statement.

The only thing I've ever heard about it is that Dungy said Polian was watching a lot of tape on RG3 and that it wouldn't have shocked him if Polian took RG3 because Polian likes to think outside the box sighting drafting Edge as an example. To which Dan Patrick said right away "Aren't you a big support of Griffen?" as if to say um Tony you sure you aren't letting your personal views get in there a little bit. The only thing I took away from it is that Polian was doing his homework on who to draft. I don't think Polian had his mind made up at all and from that statement like you I am not sure how anyone can take that as proof that Polian was going to take RG3. I am sure he was looking at him but I don't think Polian had made up his mind either way. Also what Dungy left out of the story is that year before when facing the call on who to pick Polian took Manning over Leaf when it was Manning who up to that season had the hype around him as the sure thing number one pick much like Luck is this year with Griffen flying up the draft board like Leaf did that season. So just becaue Polian thought outside the box once doesn't mean he would do it again.

Maybe it means they are going to merge into one entity. One entity that has the skills of an owner & epic twitter skills, the other with the skills of a future HOF QB and some greatest QB skills ever. That's alot of skills!!!!!!!! His name will be Jim Manning.

tumblr_lsh7dqhqBw1qm7c2co1_400.jpg

Glad that I don't support a team with that kind of philosophy. One player isn't as important as the role that the GM plays. Then again, didn't you say that you only started following the Colts because of Manning? That would explain your skewed viewpoint.

At least I treat stranger's with respect not arrogance and sarcasm.

No, its not in Polian's nature to take the less obvious guy. When we have had a top pick, be it #1 or #2, he said himself (Polian) that he gets tape of EVERY SINGLE GAME for each of the guys he is going to look at and watch EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

He said that when we had the #1 pick, he watched every single snap that Peyton took at Tennessee and also watched every single snap that Leaf took at Washington State...and he said after doing that, he thought that Peyton was FAR AND AWAY better of the two...and that he even felt that contrary to the media hype, Peyton had the better arm, also...

He said again, that when we took James over Williams, he watched every play by each of them, also...and that he felt that James was the better of the two.

SO, while i'm sure it is true that he had gathered a lot of tape on RGIII, i would feel its a very safe bet to say he had every tape on Luck, also....so for you to take that to mean that he was planning to take RGIII or that he favored him this far out from the draft, just shows how little you knew about Bills drafting methods.

1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford.

There is little doubt the Colts will select Luck to be their future quarterback now that executives Bill and Chris Polian are no longer with the team. Sources said that when the Polians were still around, the Colts were looking closely at other quarterbacks with idea of trading the No. 1 pick.

Just to put all this talk to rest....

No, its not in Polian's nature to take the less obvious guy. When we have had a top pick, be it #1 or #2, he said himself (Polian) that he gets tape of EVERY SINGLE GAME for each of the guys he is going to look at and watch EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

He said that when we had the #1 pick, he watched every single snap that Peyton took at Tennessee and also watched every single snap that Leaf took at Washington State...and he said after doing that, he thought that Peyton was FAR AND AWAY better of the two...and that he even felt that contrary to the media hype, Peyton had the better arm, also...

He said again, that when we took James over Williams, he watched every play by each of them, also...and that he felt that James was the better of the two.

SO, while i'm sure it is true that he had gathered a lot of tape on RGIII, i would feel its a very safe bet to say he had every tape on Luck, also....so for you to take that to mean that he was planning to take RGIII or that he favored him this far out from the draft, just shows how little you knew about Bills drafting methods.

Read above... that is all

ONE website randomly makes a statement like that, and so it must be the truth...they dont even site any sources, but simply throw it out as a rumor.

try again...that is all

Lol you dont get it do you, for a rumor to be cited there has to be some ounce of truth in it or it will not carry... unless your trying to personally hurt someone... Point is im not the only one saying Polian may have wanted to draft Griffin, dungy hinted it so did here... do whatever you want with that.

Lol you dont get it do you, for a rumor to be cited there has to be some ounce of truth in it or it will not carry... unless your trying to personally hurt someone... Point is im not the only one saying Polian may have wanted to draft Griffin, dungy hinted it so did here... do whatever you want with that.

Dungy hinted that HE wanted RGIII, and that Polian was watching film on him. and NO, a rumor is a rumor, and there doesnt have to be ANY truth to it in order for it to carry...it just has to be interesting enough for people to talk about it....thats why we have had 1,000,000 "Manning to the Jets" "Manning to Arizona" "Manning to the Redskins" "Manning to never play again" "Manning still to play before the end of the 2011 season" etc....and there was no "truth" to any of those.

There are millions of rumors started every day, and not all (and i would say not most) have any truth to them, they are simply stories that people will read and thus they get talked about.

so no, i "dont get it" why so many of you take all of the rumors you like as "they have to have some truth to them", yet have no problem ignoring and or skipping over the ones that you dont like

Dungy hinted that HE wanted RGIII, and that Polian was watching film on him. and NO, a rumor is a rumor, and there doesnt have to be ANY truth to it in order for it to carry...it just has to be interesting enough for people to talk about it....thats why we have had 1,000,000 "Manning to the Jets" "Manning to Arizona" "Manning to the Redskins" "Manning to never play again" "Manning still to play before the end of the 2011 season" etc....and there was no "truth" to any of those.

There are millions of rumors started every day, and not all (and i would say not most) have any truth to them, they are simply stories that people will read and thus they get talked about.

so no, i "dont get it" why so many of you take all of the rumors you like as "they have to have some truth to them", yet have no problem ignoring and or skipping over the ones that you dont like

First thats not true at all... like i said if there wasnt any ounce of truth to it they wouldnt run with it.. the possibility of trading peyton, or him never playing again, or him getting cut was very possible and to one of them still is.

I will not say that Poiian said it, im saying that he is believed to have said it and i will stick to that.. once again if you dont like that its not my problem.. people believed that polian was going to draft RGIII and i believed that.

Aren't we getting a little worked here over something that frankly doesn't really matter? I mean the Polians are gone so who they were going to draft or what they were going to do with the pick doesn't really matter does it?

I just find it amusing that apparently "smitto" knew the Polians this whole time and didnt tell us...since he knows who Bill was planning to draft! Or that he at least believes the one article online that tells him that Bill was going to draft RGIII, when its pretty common knowledge that Bill doesnt make these decisions until he's had time to watch all of the tape on every candidate for the pick