Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is how I feel about the offensive playcalling last night

VaAllDay757

It was not good at all right before the end of the second half and after that it got worse what was the problem? I know the o-line is messed up but why call a play with 3 wr running streaks and the steelers are playing zone blitz why not just run a slant? That's why we couldn't get that 4th and 1 the playcalling wasn't that good I hope it gets better but like I said before I watch those rick venturi vidoes and he basically breaks it down what the colts must do and they did the complete opposite 

MH looked rushed from the beginning, before the protection started breaking down.

But it would have been nice to at least try to convert a 3rd down with a two back set and the HB leading Gore into the LOS.  Every 3rd down attempt was a pass play, IIRC.

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

MH looked rushed from the beginning, before the protection started breaking down.

But it would have been nice to at least try to convert a 3rd down with a two back set and the HB leading Gore into the LOS.  Every 3rd down attempt was a pass play, IIRC.

Gore and MH ran into each other on at least one third down. I don't know how you could forget that.

11 hours ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

When you don't have the "Horses" the best play calling, game strategy and adjustments won't make a difference.  Grigson has put an inferior group of ball player on the field and there is no amount of coaching or schemes that can over come that fact. Most effective player on the field for the Colts was there goal post.

The Sack Pack.  I like it!

11 hours ago, Restored said:

Honestly, I think Matt just had a bad game. Once the score got out of hand, there was really no going back to the running game. The game was really lost when the offense didn't capitalize off the two early turnovers.

Your last sentence was the key to the rest of the game. Colts score 14 points on those turnovers inside the 25 & it's a different outcome. Those missed gifts set precedent afterwards.