Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watched the Pat's post game media activity

Jim H.

And you apparently are ok with that. Some of us aren't. Some of us think it was poor sportsmanship to act that way.

Yes,I'm ok with. It's a very competitive and violent game. With those conditions tempers often run high. Refs know this and I'm sure they are trained to deal with it. This is only a topic because it was Brady.

Yes,I'm ok with. It's a very competitive and violent game. With those conditions tempers often run high. Refs know this and I'm sure they are trained to deal with it. This is only a topic because it was Brady.

Not really, Jay cutler has done it, and got flagged for it. That's the issue, scream all you want, but he should get flagged like anyone else

That's how you feel. That's fine. I never felt the need to berate any individual (sports or otherwise) for trying to do their job. My parents saw to that. I'll do the same with my kids.

Sure

Refs get yelled at all the time. I'm sure the ref didn't lose any sleep because Brady yelled at him.

I think the NFL should start taking a lead from baseball.  If a player gets in an officials face and berates him in front of millions of people, he should get ejected.

The NFL is starting to move towards the way things are evolving in our urban cities these days.  Constantly claiming that the authority figures are the ones in the wrong.  Its just a tactic to get them to favor your position and ease up. 

Sports media is helping to tote that water bucket....chiming in on how the officiating is the problem, instead of the constant wrong-minded hand fighting and body checking by the unprofessional and marginally skilled  "physical"  DBs and WRs. 

Brady needed to get slapped down hard and quickly by the Referee.

That's how you feel. That's fine. I never felt the need to berate any individual (sports or otherwise) for trying to do their job. My parents saw to that. I'll do the same with my kids.

Well, let's everyone give a big handclap for your virtue.

I think the NFL should start taking a lead from baseball.  If a player gets in an officials face and berates him in front of millions of people, he should get ejected.

The NFL is starting to move towards the way things are evolving in our urban cities these days.  Constantly claiming that the authority figures are the ones in the wrong.  Its just a tactic to get them to favor your position and ease up. 

Sports media is helping to tote that water bucket....chiming in on how the officiating is the problem, instead of the constant wrong-minded hand fighting and body checking by the unprofessional and marginally skilled  "physical"  DBs and WRs. 

Brady needed to get slapped down hard and quickly by the Referee.

It's always been that way. John Madden, Bobby Knight, Woody Hayes.....all real nice guys to the zebras.

It's always been that way. John Madden, Bobby Knight, Woody Hayes.....all real nice guys to the zebras.

Not the same.  Coaches are generally equal to officials...., and even they get T'd up more often than Brady does.  Players are subordinates. 

You don't let subordinates berate management, just like you don't let Private's berate General's

or citizens berate cops.

The NFL enables.  Its a problem, and it will get worse.

Not the same.  Coaches are generally equal to officials...., and even they get T'd up more often than Brady does.  Players are subordinates. 

You don't let subordinates berate management, just like you don't let Private's berate General's

or citizens berate cops.

The NFL enables.  Its a problem, and it will get worse.

Oh geez, it ok for these blowhards over here, but not ok for these blowhard over there.

And your analogy is horrible.

Flag him then, fine, but I can't believe it's actually a topic people care about.

People care about it because they don't want their kids to act like that. Kids look up to these players and then carry that same attitude into the games they play. You don't see that kind of crap put up with in pop warner, Jr. High, High school or College sports of any kind. I am surprised that needs explaining to anyone.

We are way too obsessed with the Patriots aren't we?

Sigh.

It's because they hardly ever lose and we are 0-5 vs them in the Luck era. After last night I am more convinced they aren't Repeating though. It's 1 loss but that Edleman injury is devastating. I think that is just as bad as losing Gronk. Tom doesn't have that underneath guy that can catch it 5 Yards away beating the blitz then go for 20+ Yards.

@Bott, I really don't have a problem either with a player complaining to a REF as long as he isn't hounding him or makes contact with him. So I pretty much agree with you because the REFS in general stink. Tom was in hounding mode last night though. I say keep it consistent if they do flag a player for jumping on a REF, cant let 1 player get away with it and flag another. If that would've been any other QB he probably would've been flagged for Unsportsman like Conduct.

@Bott, I really don't have a problem either with a player complaining to a REF as long as he isn't hounding him or makes contact with him. So I pretty much agree with you because the REFS in general stink. Tom was in hounding mode last night though. I say keep it consistent if they do flag a player for jumping on a REF, cant let 1 player get away with it and flag another. If that would've been any other QB he probably would've been flagged for Unsportsman like Conduct.

This. I have no problem with a player talking to a ref but there's gotta be respect. They can even be upset and let the refs know that. When a player runs over and starts screaming, that sends the wrong message to the people that watch it (kids and big kids alike). I'll say it again, if you saw your kid doing what Brady did would you be ok with it?

That said I do believe the refs this year have been bad. I don't know what the fix is but there's gotta be something done.

On 11/30/2015, 8:58:48, bluebombers87 said:

Did you ever play the violent sport of football?  These guys are running on pure adrenaline and smashing into each other as hard as humans can slam into each other.

The refs are trained to deal with these grown athletes at their absolute max Fight or Flight moments, so it's not shocking for a sport like football to have players that are going nuts..  they aren't at some white collar meeting, they're sweating,  bleeding and beating each other up for 2-3 hours.

I'm glad the Pats finally lost, but Brady had good reason to be upset given the circumstances of how that game played out.  Lots of real ticky tack stuff and a lot of no calls, one of which is on the cover of Sports Illustrated where a Bronco offensive lineman had his arm wrapped around the neck of #99

It wasn't the number of penalties that had them so angry, I think it was more about them being called at such critical points in the game, including some real blatant no calls on some of the Broncos big plays.. they definitely weren't calling it the same for both teams

Patriots killed themselves tho, that fumble by Harper literally changed the entire momentum of the game..  I think they promoted him from the practice squad that week because Amendola and Edelman were out, and Dion Lewis was on IR

Was an exciting game to watch tho, great game for SNF