Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mort: Reports Surface Of Irsay Taking Luck No Doubt (Merge)

Phil J

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 8, 2012 - rude
Hidden by Nadine, January 8, 2012 - rude

Maybe,but only jim knows for sure.And as of now,he's able to run wild,because there's no 'GM' to keep him in check.

Its his money.

He's done pretty well since he's owned the team, imo.

If luck is selected,then manning will be released.There's no way he sits.

So now you're the new GM?

Congrats on the new job! Your china doll can be your secretary.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh mp, my niece goes to stanford, he isnt all that...dont believe the hype...jamarcus russell was the hottest thing since sliced bread....its all about selling tickets. plus rg3 will be a little bit cheaper. i have been through the mill with the colts probably long before you were born (1969 - current) and i have seen some doozies at qb, you have to realize we will not get another pm, he is the best thing that has ever happened to the colts......jeff george was supposed to be our savior, remember? big arm but innacurate and came with an attitude. besides the colts have the reputation as being a speed team and maybe a mobile qb might be exciting for the fans, but only after peyton has left the building. but if you want another ho-hum sam bradford on your squad then thats your choice, you must have been happy with painter

Luck can run. Like every year he has been the second leading rusher on his team. Some people are just going to be haters and try and find everything wrong with a player and you seem like one of those. Sam Bradford is a good young qb with noooooooo weapons. What does your niece have to do with luck besides that she goes to Stanford? Is she a coach or trainer?

we just blew how many million on collins? i think gerrard would have been happy with that instead of earning nothing..orlovsky isnt in the position to demand very much....second addai is not under contract he becomes a free agent, third peytons base salary is 7 million next year, the rest is a bonus, i dont claim to know more about nfl scouts (note: in my opinion at beginning) i have watched andrew luck for 4 years and havent missed a game so i think i have seem him play quit a bit and i, me, myself , as a forty year colts fan i think luck isnt the future. i do think he is good but thats it. we might as well go for little 6'1" kellen moore from boise state, great mchanics, attitude, and winning history. ever notice how belichik does wonders with less? but since you have the crystal ball then we must all agree with you. as for fire in a coach, what i mean is throwing that red flag, question refs, manage the game more aggressively, go for that 4th and one, to me it just shows just how much of an on field coach peyton really is. I have a life invested at being a colts fan, there never has been another team and these are just my opinions and wishes and i hope for the best for the team, and all all of us, the fans. we buy the tickets, jerseys, direct tv, and so forth, so irsay needs to make moves to win and keep the fans happy......

uh mp, my niece goes to stanford, he isnt all that...dont believe the hype...jamarcus russell was the hottest thing since sliced bread....its all about selling tickets. plus rg3 will be a little bit cheaper. i have been through the mill with the colts probably long before you were born (1969 - current) and i have seen some doozies at qb, you have to realize we will not get another pm, he is the best thing that has ever happened to the colts......jeff george was supposed to be our savior, remember? big arm but innacurate and came with an attitude. besides the colts have the reputation as being a speed team and maybe a mobile qb might be exciting for the fans, but only after peyton has left the building. but if you want another ho-hum sam bradford on your squad then thats your choice, you must have been happy with painter

We're not rating sexual prowess here.

we just blew how many million on collins? i think gerrard would have been happy with that instead of earning nothing..orlovsky isnt in the position to demand very much....second addai is not under contract he becomes a free agent, third peytons base salary is 7 million next year, the rest is a bonus, i dont claim to know more about nfl scouts (note: in my opinion at beginning) i have watched andrew luck for 4 years and havent missed a game so i think i have seem him play quit a bit and i, me, myself , as a forty year colts fan i think luck isnt the future. i do think he is good but thats it. we might as well go for little 6'1" kellen moore from boise state, great mchanics, attitude, and winning history. ever notice how belichik does wonders with less? but since you have the crystal ball then we must all agree with you. as for fire in a coach, what i mean is throwing that red flag, question refs, manage the game more aggressively, go for that 4th and one, to me it just shows just how much of an on field coach peyton really is. I have a life invested at being a colts fan, there never has been another team and these are just my opinions and wishes and i hope for the best for the team, and all all of us, the fans. we buy the tickets, jerseys, direct tv, and so forth, so irsay needs to make moves to win and keep the fans happy......

first, gerrard was hurt and couldn't have helped us EVEN IF he was the answer. 2nd, man am I glad you aren't making the pick.

I believe it turned out that Gerrard had back surgery or something that kept him from being signed by anyone.

my niece really has nothing to do with it other than being in class with him and seeing his demeanor,but im glad i got all that info from you since you know him so well, thanks for changing my opinion of him. i dont hate the guy but some one on hear has labeled me a hater when i actually never said i hate him....the "hater thing is played out holmes" leave that for raider fans. i simply said i dont think he is the qb we need. but time will tell

Luck has played for 3 years. Caught up

kinda hard to respect someone's opinion who can't get a simple fact like 3 or 4 years correct, huh?

Pretty much.

It's weird I don't get why these people are hating on luck so much when they obviously haven't even watched him play more then 3 games. He's a great qb with all the potential in the world.

Edit : it's just like the person earlier who said luck isn't clutch and chokes every bowl game but last 2 years he played perfect and last year won the bowl game.

Pretty much.

It's weird I don't get why these people are hating on luck so much when they obviously haven't even watched him play more then 3 games. He's a great qb with all the potential in the world.

Edit : it's just like the person earlier who said luck isn't clutch and chokes every bowl game but last 2 years he played perfect and last year won the bowl game.

Agreed, Luck has all the intangibles to be a great QB. He's big, strong, smart & athletic. His arm is pretty good also, some people think he can't get better which I find really intriguing. The guy definitely has not peaked just because people say he's "NFL ready," lol. The guy can definitely learn and improve. I don't think he sounds like a baby at all and hopefully won't pull a power play, but we never know, he might.

i know that, but atleast people can quit making a million treads about trading the first pick

Or making a million 'treads' about how he's going to ENSURE the future of this franchise...

Just cause the Colts say they want Luck does not drive up the price for him. In fact, if they really wanted to trade the pick, they would get teams into a bidding war for it and probably get a higher price that way. Them saying they want Luck means, guess what? They actually want to draft Luck!

Wow, was that completely wrong. It absolutely drives the price up. If they declare they want to pass on him, teams can basically ask the Colts for an incentive to give away any picks to trade up for him, since their plan would be to not keep him anyway. We'd lose a ton of value in that situation. If we make it seem like a lock, anyone desperate enough to go for that "sure thing" (which he's not) will trade the farm and their sister.

Besides, how do you know Irsay hasn't already started a bidding war? We don't get to see what's discussed behind closed doors, via text messages and phone calls, or between the emails. He could be oiling this puppy up for the next three months to score a slew of great building blocks for the future; instead of one who won't play for a while.

I still think we'll draft him, but IF Irsay were planning on up-selling the pick, this is the way to do it.

Said it plenty of times this season ... LUCK = LEAF!

There were loads of issues of being a "true fan or not" surrounding the Jaguars game which were ridiculous, but I think it's only right to question how much of an actual fan you are when you're willing to sell your team down the river without giving their professionally made decisions a chance. Stop jumping the gun, stop being so anti and support your team.

I think history has shown us that musical chairs at the quarterback position is never a good thing.And if selected,then luck would warrent consideration,if manning plays bad,especially if he has another 13 interceptions streak going.

Yeah, he's a complete bum. The man even had 17 of them over the full season. 5 less than Brees and 8 less than Eli.

Draft Luck, or trade the pick, I hope the new GM is the one deciding not Irsay. I like Jim as an owner but he was a horrible GM.

I wonder how the compensation would change if we drafted Luck and then traded him later. We would, obviously, lose out on picks from this years draft,

but we might be able to trade him for even more than a Kings ransom if a team finds themselves in a desperate QB situation.

After all of this completely unjustified hype I am almost hoping the man completely busts out.

Of course, I will be happy to welcome those of you currently guzzling Koolaid on the bandwagon back to sanity and will enjoy hearing how you always thought he was overrated and how you never would have listened to the "experts" if you had been in charge.

Wow, was that completely wrong. It absolutely drives the price up. If they declare they want to pass on him, teams can basically ask the Colts for an incentive to give away any picks to trade up for him, since their plan would be to not keep him anyway. We'd lose a ton of value in that situation. If we make it seem like a lock, anyone desperate enough to go for that "sure thing" (which he's not) will trade the farm and their sister.

Besides, how do you know Irsay hasn't already started a bidding war? We don't get to see what's discussed behind closed doors, via text messages and phone calls, or between the emails. He could be oiling this puppy up for the next three months to score a slew of great building blocks for the future; instead of one who won't play for a while.

I still think we'll draft him, but IF Irsay were planning on up-selling the pick, this is the way to do it.

Complete nonsense.

After all of this completely unjustified hype I am almost hoping the man completely busts out.

Of course, I will be happy to welcome those of you currently guzzling Koolaid on the bandwagon back to sanity and will enjoy hearing how you always thought he was overrated and how you never would have listened to the "experts" if you had been in charge.

How is it unjustified then? If you're an expert (which you clearly are) explain the ways in which his hype is unjustified, I'd like to hear.

Im ready for that backlash, but more important, im ready for Andrew to take control of this team. Gonna be a shaky couple of seasons (ala 1998's 3-13), but we are gonna be right back in the thick of things. next 10 years after a 1 or 2 rough ones is gonna be fantastic.

getting my #12 jersey printed the first week in May.

I agree.

I think we are due for another tough year as we rebuild this team.

In the long run, with the right GM, QB, HC, are going to go back to being a contender each year

Im ready for that backlash, but more important, im ready for Andrew to take control of this team. Gonna be a shaky couple of seasons (ala 1998's 3-13), but we are gonna be right back in the thick of things. next 10 years after a 1 or 2 rough ones is gonna be fantastic.

getting my #12 jersey printed the first week in May.

Double post

Just cause the Colts say they want Luck does not drive up the price for him. In fact, if they really wanted to trade the pick, they would get teams into a bidding war for it and probably get a higher price that way. Them saying they want Luck means, guess what? They actually want to draft Luck!

Maybe Irsay is being coy. If Polian was watching a lot of tape of RGIII as Dungy said on the NBC Wildcard pre game show on Saturday, the number one draft pick may really still be up for internal debate within the Colts organization. The new GM may decide that we have a lot of holes and if Manning is healthy, he may package the number one pick for a bushel of picks to shore up other positions (DL, CB, OL, RB).

Complete nonsense.

In what way?

Irsay loses nothing by intimating his interest for Luck and gains everything. It's exactly what he has to say. If he were to announce his intention to trade the pick it might reduce his leverage. The way Irsay is playing the game teams have to bring something big just to get his attention and bring him to the table. They have to up the offer just to initiate the negotiations.

Its his money.

He's done pretty well since he's owned the team, imo.

So now you're the new GM?

Congrats on the new job! Your china doll can be your secretary.

You guys sure like to make such comments about my family and hide behind your keyboard.We both know in real life you would lose your teeth,if you said something like that in public.Its nice to know that we have so many racist bigots on our forum.Its disgusting.

You guys sure like to make such comments about my family and hide behind your keyboard.We both know in real life you would lose your teeth,if you said something like that in public.Its nice to know that we have so many racist bigots on our forum.Its disgusting.

I would give wool a chance to explain, perhaps he didn't mean it that way. But it sure didn't sound good. That was a personal comment that sounded kinda racist.

Hey man i dont yhink he was referring to your family. He was just saying you could be his secretary. Don't let posters get to u so easily, have thicker skin. Your just playing their game when you show emotion like that.

Yeah, he's a complete bum. The man even had 17 of them over the full season. 5 less than Brees and 8 less than Eli.

I'm a manning supporter(I DONOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH NECKBEARD).I was merely stating that if 'luck' is indeed the pick,then we should just go ahead and embrace that direction.I don't believe it does our franchise any good by retaining both QB'S.It should go completely in favor of one or the other.I was never a fan of musical QB'S.

I'm a manning supporter(I DONOT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH NECKBEARD).I was merely stating that if 'luck' is indeed the pick,then we should just go ahead and embrace that direction.I don't believe it does our franchise any good by retaining both QB'S.It should go completely in favor of one or the other.I was never a fan of musical QB'S.

I agree with you 100%. One or the other. Neither deserves to ride the bench

I would give wool a chance to explain, perhaps he didn't mean it that way. But it sure didn't sound good. That was a personal comment that sounded kinda racist.

I don't understand 'WHY' they have a need to take things to a personal level.It has nothing to do with football or even related to football.Its completely racist and unacceptable.I would never make a comment about another posters' wife,husband or child.We have other forum members that have similiar avatars(wife or husband),but they never face these 'type' of comments.It makes me wonder that if its racially motivated/or jealousy.

It's amazing that people think they can predict Luck being like Ryan Leaf. How can you predict a major bust in the NFL? Everyone is saying he's one of the most highly regarded NFL prospects in a long time. There's no way you can predict that he'll be a bust after not seeing him play a game in the NFL.

I don't understand 'WHY' they have a need to take things to a personal level.It has nothing to do with football or even related to football.Its completely racist and unacceptable.I would never make a comment about another posters' wife,husband or child.We have other forum members that have similiar avatars(wife or husband),but they never face these 'type' of comments.It makes me wonder that if its racially motivated/or jealousy.

Your right it should never go that far me and you have talked about this. I would be heated as well. It's all jealousy man don't let it get to you. They prob live in their moms basement and play computer games all night and day.