Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Optimism and happiness

NBColtsFanatic

The Colts win yesterday is more than just a W in the record books. After yesterday's game, I have the most optimism I've had for the Colts in a long time. They proved that they can compete with anyone. Not only did they beat the Broncos, they gave the Panthers and Patriots the biggest battles of the season for each, and that was with PEP! If we can learn from the win and gain steam into the playoffs with a win streak, I think the Colts should be considered again as serious contenders. The run game is the best its been, the defense is not laughable, heck, even the offensive line is "average". After the win I don't see why the Colts couldn't contend with the Bengals/Broncos(again)/Patriots and anyone else in the AFC. Let's hope this game ignites them for a possible super bowl run with their dark horse team, I know with Chud we can. Go Colts!

Glad to finally be optimistic again.  Hopefully we take this momentum into the bye week and come out where we left off.  If this team can finish the season with 10 or more wins without falling into old habits, I don't think there's any reason we can't go all the way.  I sitll don't think we're the best team in the AFC, but as long as your competitive with the top teams, you always have a chance.  Unfortunately, we have thrown home field advantage out the window - not to to kill your optimism, just keeping you from being incapable of coming down from Cloud 9.

Glad to finally be optimistic again.  Hopefully we take this momentum into the bye week and come out where we left off.  If this team can finish the season with 10 or more wins without falling into old habits, I don't think there's any reason we can't go all the way.  I sitll don't think we're the best team in the AFC, but as long as your competitive with the top teams, you always have a chance.  Unfortunately, we have thrown home field advantage out the window - not to to kill your optimism, just keeping you from being incapable of coming down from Cloud 9.

And threw it right to NE.

The Colts win yesterday is more than just a W in the record books. After yesterday's game, I have the most optimism I've had for the Colts in a long time. They proved that they can compete with anyone. Not only did they beat the Broncos, they gave the Panthers and Patriots the biggest battles of the season for each, and that was with PEP! If we can learn from the win and gain steam into the playoffs with a win streak, I think the Colts should be considered again as serious contenders. The run game is the best its been, the defense is not laughable, heck, even the offensive line is "average". After the win I don't see why the Colts couldn't contend with the Bengals/Broncos(again)/Patriots and anyone else in the AFC. Let's hope this game ignites them for a possible super bowl run with their dark horse team, I know with Chud we can. Go Colts!

I'm cautiously optimistic. The overall play may have been better, but this game could have gone as it did with NE and the Panthers. It's not like we dominated Denver, we just got the win. One "bounce our way" in the NE and Panthers game and we would have come away with a win too. I am more optimistic, but we're most likely going to have to go through NE to get to the SB.

DEN is still in control of its destiny as far as homefield is concerned.  As long as they beat NE and at least have the same record going into the playoffs.  But right now, NE is in the driver's seat, yes.

That's true and I think Denver has a good chance of beating NE at Denver.

There were some good things from yesterday's game:

• Good intitial game plan (although we will have to see if that if more a function of Denver having no tape on Chud's tendencies or if it was a good game plan)
  • Denver's D adjusted in the 2nd quarter and the Colts O then adjusted to that adjustment (that was something that rarely happened under Pep.
  • Different WRs running different routes in different areas.  That lead to some WRs being wide open quite a few times.

Some of the things I still saw in the engative category.

• Started to get predictable, especially when Denver adjusted in the 2nd quarter.  Had a few series there where it was run to the short side of the field on 1st down, pass on 2nd down, pass on 3rd down.
  • Took about 1-1/2 quarters for Chud to adjust to Denver's adjustment.
  • Calls were too easy to pick up.  Luck came up to the line one time and made a call, the Denver LBers went crazy shouting something to rest of the D, they shifted and knew exactly what play the Colts were going to run and it lead to a big loss for the Colts.

But I think the game showed that the Colts have the personnel to be considered one of the top teams and if they are not hamstrung by turnovers and slow starts they are a good team.

If we can keep the run game going, we have a chance. I'd rather play somewhere else though.

I would too.  Honestly, we were one botched ST formation away from beating them, that and some crappy play calling.  Both of which, if we played again, I think we'd win.  On a neutral field.  in NE...gonna be tough

I don't get all of the sudden optimism NOW!  We are literally the same team as before...  We have just cleaned up SOME mistakes.  Far from perfect, but I knew this team had it in them the whole time.  It's unfortunate about all the internal problems and penalties/injuries/turnovers in game problems that caused us to lose so many games thus far!  Make no mistake when this team is more consistent, we WILL beat the NE's and Carolina's and not just keep it close.  We need to minimize injuries, stay disciplined and have a good game plan.  The W's will continue...

I don't get all of the sudden optimism NOW!  We are literally the same team as before...  We have just cleaned up SOME mistakes.  Far from perfect, but I knew this team had it in them the whole time.  It's unfortunate about all the internal problems and penalties/injuries/turnovers in game problems that caused us to lose so many games thus far!  Make no mistake when this team is more consistent, we WILL beat the NE's and Carolina's and not just keep it close.  We need to minimize injuries, stay disciplined and have a good game plan.  The W's will continue...

Well scoring in the 1st quarter after bringing in a new OC after 2 seasons of consistently starting extremely slow, is one reason for some optimism moving forward...

Defeating a non-divisional opponent is one reason for some optimism...

Luck not having any turnovers & returning to form is a reason for some optimism...

Lots of reasons for optimism for the remainder of the season in light of the less than stellar start of this 2015 campaign...

Well scoring in the 1st quarter after bringing in a new OC after 2 seasons of consistently starting extremely slow, is one reason for some optimism moving forward...

Defeating a non-divisional opponent is one reason for some optimism...

Luck not having any turnovers & returning to form is a reason for some optimism...

Lots of reasons for optimism for the remainder of the season in light of the less than stellar start of this 2015 campaign...

Like I said though, we've hung in there against the best (NE and Carolina), have played other good teams but came up short due to "fixable problems" NYJ BUF and NO.  What I'm saying is that this team was the same team we saw yesterday, minus the problems we were accustomed to seeing.  Which points towards the consistency factor.  Firing Pep should've happened last season, not 8 games into this season, after things got worse.  Now that has been addressed, the Colts are still on their way to being a dominant team in the NFL.  We were literally a few mistakes of beating 2 other undefeated teams, and that was not playing to our potential. 

People are acting like it's a total transformation, but in reality we've hardly changed.  The only change I actually saw was they cleaned up mistakes and better gameplan/play calling early on!  The expectations and talent hasn't changed.  They are capable of beating great teams from the beginning.  The only thing we haven't saw is them executing to their potential.  That is the difference maker.  So again, I don't see any reason for all this sudden optimism.  Unless your mind frame dictates how they are playing specifically in any certain game, then a person isn't seeing the whole picture. 

Like I said though, we've hung in there against the best (NE and Carolina), have played other good teams but came up short due to "fixable problems" NYJ BUF and NO.  What I'm saying is that this team was the same team we saw yesterday, minus the problems we were accustomed to seeing.  Which points towards the consistency factor.  Firing Pep should've happened last season, not 8 games into this season, after things got worse.  Now that has been addressed, the Colts are still on their way to being a dominant team in the NFL.  We were literally a few mistakes of beating 2 other undefeated teams, and that was not playing to our potential. 

People are acting like it's a total transformation, but in reality we've hardly changed.  The only change I actually saw was they cleaned up mistakes and better gameplan/play calling early on!  The expectations and talent hasn't changed.  They are capable of beating great teams from the beginning.  The only thing we haven't saw is them executing to their potential.  That is the difference maker.  So again, I don't see any reason for all this sudden optimism.  Unless your mind frame dictates how they are playing specifically in any certain game, then a person isn't seeing the whole picture. 

I agree, I guess I just consider game planning a pretty BIG deal, that will continue to transform the team (for the better) from what we have witnessed thus far...

Just think what the Colts record could be this season if they would have installed Chud as OC before the season started...

I agree, I guess I just consider game planning a pretty BIG deal, that will continue to transform the team (for the better) from what we have witnessed thus far...

Just think what the Colts record could be this season if they would have installed Chud as OC before the season started...

Little changes can go a long way!  As you said imagine what the record would be if things were different before the season.  Game planning/Play calling is the difference of needing to comeback against NO and Carolina, and also the factor for the NE game.  Perhaps if Pep wasn't calling the plays, then maybe we could possibly won those games.

Little changes can go a long way! As you said imagine what the record would be if things were different before the season. Game planning/Play calling is the difference of needing to comeback against NO and Carolina, and also the factor for the NE game. Perhaps if Pep wasn't calling the plays, then maybe we could possibly won those games.

Not once during the BUF and NYJ game did we make them pay for blitzing. We kept trying to go long. I won't get started on how predictable we have been.

Not once during the BUF and NYJ game did we make them pay for blitzing. We kept trying to go long. I won't get started on how predictable we have been.

I know I was saying the same thing.  You cant hold onto the football (call plays) that are designed for 20+ yards downfield if a team is bringing an all out blitz.  Slants, wr screens, bubble screens, RB into the flats is what should've been called, WR trips with underneath routes, and PA rollouts to the weakside.  Take what the defense will give you instead of trying to take something you don't have time for!  I don't understand because when Hasselbeck came in Pep catered to him and was successful, but tried to force Andrew to stay in the pocket to throw downfield.  Now part of that is Lucks fault for holding onto it for so long when nothing was their but, Pep didn't help his cause by calling the right type of plays.

Also have to give Chuck some credit.  The team was sharp from the beginning and made some mid-game adjustments when it looked like the game might slip.  I had a friend (a Patriot fan) who texted me and said that the Colts would loose when Denver tied the game the game in the 3rd Q. There was no panic, no gadget plays, just solid football.