Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marc Ross Interviews For Gm Job

Nadine

their recent picks have been outstading overall... from WR like the beast of hackeem nicks, manningham, steve smith, victor cruz, to RB like bradshaw, cb like prince amukamara and ross...S kenny phillips, DT linval joseph and thsi rokie who got injured but a lot of people wanted here forgot his name and finnally jason pierre paul.

if anything, he has failed to rejuvenate the OL, but overall he has helped build one heck of a franchise.

id love to get him, my first choice was decosta but this is a darn good option IMO.

It would probably increase our chances of getting Spags as our DC as well. Im all for it. Write this mans contract and lets get this off season started!

step 1. Fire Caldwell.

I heard the Eagles and Giants are frontrunners for Spags as DC. Haven't heard much about the Colts going for him

Here is his Bio:

http://www.giants.co...bd-ea613a65d0de

Marc Ross is in his fifth season as the Giants’ Director of College Scouting. Ross is in charge of the Giants’ college scouting department and the team’s draft. He joined the organization on May 18, 2007 and ran his first organizational draft the next year, when the Giants selected Kenny Phillips, Terrell Thomas and Mario Manningham, among others.

Ross came to the Giants from the Buffalo Bills, for whom he spent three seasons as a national college scout.

Ross’ first NFL job was as a public relations training camp intern with the Giants in 1995. After leaving camp, Ross worked in Columbia University’s athletics department.

Ross returned to the NFL with the Eagles’ personnel department during the club’s 1996 training camp. He was the team’s eastern regional scout from 1997 until 2000, when, at age 27, he became the NFL’s youngest college scouting director. During his tenure in Philadelphia, Ross was responsible for drafting such outstanding NFL Players as Brian Westbrook, Lito Sheppard and Derrick Burgess.

After seven years with the Eagles’ organization, Ross joined the Bills in the spring of 2004 as a national college scout.

Ross was an All-Ivy League wide receiver at Princeton in 1993 and 94. He holds five school records, including one as a receiver (a 20.2-yard average per catch in 1993) and four as a punt returner (most career returns, 74; most career return yards, 696; most returns in a season, 32 in 1994 and most yards in a game, 161 on six returns vs. Cornell in 1994).

Ross earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from Princeton and a master’s degree in sport management from the University of Massachusetts in 1997.

A native of Sharon Hill, Penn., Ross and his wife, Pualani, have a daughter, Skylar, who was born in 2006.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Don’t know, the whole college system is weird to me lol.    I hope Latu is what we need, because our pressure numbers were pretty low. He’s the best shot at improve those numbers though. 
    • Deebo is very physical but I think they want more of a take the top of the defense type of guy so they cannot bring their safeties down would you do a trade for Higgins? 
    • Loved that the colts got to pick the first defensive player in the draft! I would love to see a lb with their 2nd pick! 
    • The film is just incredible. He beat the blocker and ran over the running back. Just… insane. 
    • I loved the pick. I had him as a dark horse because of his medical and felt he may slide because of it. Honestly, when it came to #15, he never really entered my mind, as I felt they would pass on him. People asked who they wanted at #15 and in one of my posts, I said a football player. I wanted Mitchell but I also raised the idea of Latua in other posts..  I really praise Ballard for this pick. I said he needed to come away with a play maker and there had to be some amount of pressure on him to do so. Apparently, information is out there that he tried to move up and I also said, I had a feeling this was a year they were going to try and make a move. I give a lot of credit to Ballard for picking the guy who has a lot of production and if he fails, so be it. I also told people on this board that this pass rush was not good enough. Ballard's eagerness to sign Hunter should have been a sign that he felt so as well. I said to watch free agency and it will tell you what their true needs are. He wanted Hunter and Sneed. The rumor is that he wanted to trade up into the 1st and everyone is saying it was probably a receiver. That is shocking to me but once again, I will give Ballard an A+ so far, because he was willing to be aggressive.  I do Steichen is having some influence on Ballard because of his days with the Eagles and how aggressive they are in the draft. I think this shows that he realizes that he needs to have play makers to play with the elite teams and you have to take some risk to get those type of players. I have been hard on Ballard, but he has knocked it out of the park so far. He took a guy with a questionable medical history, addressed a glaring need and a position that is needed to make this defense work. Don't be mislead by last year's sack totals. This team lost a pile of games in the 4th quarter last year because they could not pressure the qb. Now he needs a wr, S and corner. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up in the 2nd. Way to go Ballard!!! 
  • Members

• krunk

krunk 8,321

• Mikemccoy84

Mikemccoy84 85

• KB

KB 1,116

• erock

erock 3

• Solid84

Solid84 6,683

• ProblChld32