Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 5 current HC

JimJaime

Crowning Arians is premature.  Heck, Pagano turned this program around from a 2-14 team to an 11-5 team in three straight seasons.  No one should get hailed as a top 5 HC without a SB to his name, IMO.

Belicheck is the only obvious answer here.  Coughlin had some very good years for the NYG.  Carroll hit back to back SB, winning one.  McCarthy is another good one with a very consistent program.  Tomlin went twice, winning one I believe.

Bill Belichick

Exponential gap

Bruce Arians

Pete Carrol (Even with that god awful SB call, he made SEA more than relevant.)

Everyone else apart from...

John Fox

Jim Caldwell

Good/great head coaches are a rare breed just like quarterbacks. Just a sea of mediocrity.

Jim Caldwell.   My sides are hurting from laughing so hard.

#1- Bill Belichick- clearly and by far #1

#2- Mike McCarthy

#3- Bruce Arians

#4- Pete Carroll

#5- Tom Coughlin

#6- Marvin Lewis/Mike Tomlin/Sean Payton

Newer Coaches on their way:

#1- Mike Zimmer

#2- Todd Bowles

#3- Dan Quinn

Interesting can I ask why you feel Arians is #2 over Carrol?

Crowning Arians is premature.  Heck, Pagano turned this program around from a 2-14 team to an 11-5 team in three straight seasons.  No one should get hailed as a top 5 HC without a SB to his name, IMO.

Belicheck is the only obvious answer here.  Coughlin had some very good years for the NYG.  Carroll hit back to back SB, winning one.  McCarthy is another good one with a very consistent program.  Tomlin went twice, winning one I believe.

Actually Arians did that.

Actually Arians did that.

Complete and utter nonsense.  He played a part in season one without a doubt, but to suggest that he had more of a part than Pagano is ignorant.  Arians was not with the team in year 2 or 3, so were we just riding on the wings of what he set us up for?

Complete and utter nonsense.  He played a part in season one without a doubt, but to suggest that he had more of a part than Pagano is ignorant.  Arians was not with the team in year 2 or 3, so were we just riding on the wings of what he set us up for?

Yes.

Interesting can I ask why you feel Arians is #2 over Carrol?

Sure thing, the major thing that I like about Arians over Carroll is the attitude that he brings while coaching translates to his players on the field. He brings fire, and you can see his players (especially defensively) play with that in just the small amount of time he has been there. He absolutely changed the locker room dynamic in Arizona after Whisenhunt and it worked very well. I am also counting his interim HC job that he did with the Colts. He led the Colts forward during a tough time and kept us playing competitively and hard nosed for the rest of the season with a rookie QB and inexperienced team. Plus just like MTC said earlier in the thread Carroll's past failures also weigh in on my opinion.

#1- Bellichek

#2- Carroll

#3- Harbaugh

#4- Tomlin

#5- Arians

Departed coaches : Jim Harbaugh

Future coaches that can OR will become top HC's: Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh,possibly Nick Saban, Chip Kelly

Worst coaches : Pagano, Caldwell, Rex Ryan, Joe Philbin would have made this list had he not recently got fired.