Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Barkevieous Mingo

He'd be worth trading for at the right price. Maybe Werner plus a 6th? Mingo was considered the best edge rusher in that class by some. Maybe with a new team and with new teammates he could reach his full potential. His full potential is 15 sacks a year and being considered a top 10 OLB in the NFL.  He did have 5 sacks his rookie year btw. But he's not doing nothing this year.

He's not as bad as he's looked in Cleveland, unless you believe a player can suddenly lose his skills. They use him wrong and have made him really, really unhappy.

I wouldn't shoot for the moon on him, but I'd give up a 4th. I'd rather see him packaged with one of the two linemen they're fire-selling for a second (or even, maybe, our first). That way we end up with a young first-round rated talent and a older offensive lineman. Two potential solid pieces for at least 3-4 years going forward. 

In my opinion, Mingo could be Mathis-like for us. Particularly if we brought him in and he could play with Mathis to learn. 

i never saw the great explosion he supposedly possessed. If he's still raw midway through yr 3 that's kinda on him.

Cleveland gave up on him, and they weren't really using him as a rusher as much as trying to make him every down. 

I don't blame someone for not showing skill in Cleveland, honestly. 

He's a high upside bust. He was one of those ridiculously athletic guys who's skills never really transferred. He also benefitted from being on one of the top defences in the country when he was at LSU.

I'd send a 7th round flyer for him but nothing more.

Tbh a straight up swap might help both teams. Both get a raw, past 1st round pass rusher that didn't fit their previous team's scheme.

I wouldn't say no.

They both fit the schemes just fine. Problem is the both suck. At least Mingo has some athletic ability that gives you hope.