Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Costanzo

Grav

Considering the inconsistency across the line all season, the fact that he was playing with an injury, and he faced the vast majority of the best pass rushers in the league, I would say he played pretty well overall. He showed his physical and mental toughness and his commitment as a team player. The future is bright for Anthony Costanzo.

He played pretty well...I don't see any All Pro's, or even Pro Bowls in his future, but he looks to be a starter for the next 10 years.

As for sacks. Just going off the sheet.

2 to Mario, 1 to James Harrison, 1 adrian clayborn (rookie), 1 Micheal Johnson, 3 Chick/Mincey, .5 Johnson, 1 ninkovich, 3 Suggs, 2.5 Mincey.....

So he allowed about 15 sacks this year. In 12 games. The 4 games he missed, our LT gave up about 1.5 sacks to KC/Cin/NO/Tenn in that time..

So after looking at this, I think he still has a lot of growing to do.

He played pretty well...I don't see any All Pro's, or even Pro Bowls in his future, but he looks to be a starter for the next 10 years.

2 to Mario, 1 to James Harrison, 1 adrian clayborn (rookie), 1 Micheal Johnson, 3 Chick/Mincey, .5 Johnson, 1 ninkovich, 3 Suggs, 2.5 Mincey.....

So he allowed about 15 sacks this year. In 12 games. The 4 games he missed, our LT gave up about 1.5 sacks to KC/Cin/NO/Tenn in that time..

Are you positive all of those were AC's fault? I remember some of those sacks being busted plays by TE's and RB's.

Are you positive all of those were AC's fault? I remember some of those sacks being busted plays by TE's and RB's.

All those guys are the ones listed as lining up infront of AC. And I distinctly remember about 10 of them. So i'm fairly confident that they are pretty close. Its def. double digit in only 12 games.

All those guys are the ones listed as lining up infront of AC. And I distinctly remember about 10 of them. So i'm fairly confident that they are pretty close. Its def. double digit in only 12 games.

The Mario Williams ones for instance. He had two sacks against us in week one. At least one was where he DOMINATED Dallas Clark off the edge.

In the Jacksonville game, I remember John Chick rushing against Linkenbach and getting two sacks off our Right side.

I think some of those were on other players.

The Mario Williams ones for instance. He had two sacks against us in week one. At least one was where he DOMINATED Dallas Clark off the edge.

In the Jacksonville game, I remember John Chick rushing against Linkenbach and getting two sacks off our Right side.

I think some of those were on other players.

I remember Dallas on Mario as a miss, and the Chicj instance may be correct, but I didn't include any 3-4 DEs (jj watts for instance) and there were several who recorded sacks against us, some of which I suspect was on AC. So are they 'exact', not at all, at this time I can only go off the stat sheet. But I'd venture to say they are pretty darn close.

I remember Dallas on Mario as a miss, and the Chicj instance may be correct, but I didn't include any 3-4 DEs (jj watts for instance) and there were several who recorded sacks against us, some of which I suspect was on AC. So are they 'exact', not at all, at this time I can only go off the stat sheet. But I'd venture to say they are pretty darn close.

If only missed blocks were a recorded statistic... This would all be MUCH easier!

Considering the inconsistency across the line all season, the fact that he was playing with an injury, and he faced the vast majority of the best pass rushers in the league, I would say he played pretty well overall. He showed his physical and mental toughness and his commitment as a team player. The future is bright for Anthony Costanzo.

Training camp this coming season will help our second year lineman...

Imagine the situation he was put in though. A rookie with a small amount of offseason practice situations, turmoil at the qb position (qbs holding on to the ball forever) I feel like if he would have been given a full offseason and qbs who could get rid of the ball, these sack numbers would be WAY down

OL typically fair better there second and third year anyway because they understand how to adapt to elite pass rushers and the physical demands it take at an NFL level. I believe he will be an elite NFL LEft Tackle a couple years down the road in his career.

For a rookie and it's important to remember he was a rookie. He had a pretty good season. Clearly has areas to improve on but you are going to have that with 99.9% of rookies. I think it will be intersting to see him once the new QB is in place. He looks to be pretty good at blocking for the run. Has work to do in his pass blocking skills but I think he's going to keep getting better and will be a solid to very good tackle for us for years to come.

OL typically fair better there second and third year anyway because they understand how to adapt to elite pass rushers and the physical demands it take at an NFL level. I believe he will be an elite NFL LEft Tackle a couple years down the road in his career.

Yeah, let's give the guy a break. We got blitzed a whole lot more this year because of our inexperience at QB and our new line. I specifically watch our o-line play during games and Castonzo played pretty well. He may not ever be great, but he'll be well above average for NFL IMHO. Remember that we still don't know how good Ijalana is going to be. We could end up with interchangeable tackles which would be awesome for our depth.

How can you make a statement like that about a "rookie" who played hurt, while blocking for C Painter and D Orlovsky?

Peyton Manning made this whole team look like "All Pros" and look at them "now" ... I think if Manning is under center behind this line Indy is in "very" good shape looking forward.

AC is one of the "bright" spots on this team .....

I personally think he would be better suited for Right Tackle after watching him play this year. He could grow but we need to solidify our line.

Golly... I wonder what Manning's "lightning quick release and laser rocket arm may do for the OL?" .... Anthony Munoz would have had trouble protecting C Painter and DO....

Golly... I wonder what Manning's "lightning quick release and laser rocket arm may do for the OL?" .... Anthony Munoz would have had trouble protecting C Painter and DO....

especially when the score is the other team a lot and the Colts still trying to get a first down.

Honestly we spent so much time behind this season that the other teams defense could just pin their ears back and come that's hard for pro-bowl tackles to stop let alone rookie OTs who are trying to learn.

I remember watching Glenn almost get Jim Harbaugh killed his rookie year. He learned though and it sure paid off for Manning. I have faith the same will happen for Costanzo.

especially when the score is the other team a lot and the Colts still trying to get a first down.

Honestly we spent so much time behind this season that the other teams defense could just pin their ears back and come that's hard for pro-bowl tackles to stop let alone rookie OTs who are trying to learn.

I remember watching Glenn almost get Jim Harbaugh killed his rookie year. He learned though and it sure paid off for Manning. I have faith the same will happen for Costanzo.

Perfect example... Tarik Glenn... A Colt HOFer...

He was certainly not a #1 NO BRAINER LT for ....

ummmmmmm... help me... I'm a tad drunk.\

George...

Harbaugh

Justin

Whatever.. ,, T Glenn retired a Colt HOFer,

I don't know if he will become elite... But with some improvements I could see him at pro bowl level of play... He has the size for it.... Really I'm just happy he is already a solid enough starter... More then we can say about out last few draft picks... Gotta love upside :)

How can you make a statement like that about a "rookie" who played hurt, while blocking for C Painter and D Orlovsky?

So you think AC has a Pro-Bowl/All-Pro in his future? Why is that? Do you know who the LT's are in the AFC?

Thomas, Long, Clady, D'Brickshaw, Roos, McNiel, and Light.....Heck I count 3 rookie Tackles in the AFC alone that outperformed AC....Solder,Orlando Franklin, and Marcus Gilbert.

I like AC, but I can't ever see him being anything more than a solid starter.

you are being quite kind, he played much more poorly than that to the tune of 21 sacks. I don't know where you're getting 15 sacks.

you are being quite kind, he played much more poorly than that to the tune of 21 sacks. I don't know where you're getting 15 sacks.

21??

Our WHOLE TEAM only gave up 35. Are you saying Castonzo gave up 21, and the rest of the team COMBINED only gave up 14?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&tabSeq=2&qualified=true

D'Brickashaw Ferguson, selected fourth overall by the New York Jets in 2006, allowed 101/2 sacks as a rookie, 13 more in '07. Cleveland's Joe Thomas, taken No. 3 overall in '07, gave up four sacks in his first season. New England's Matt Light, a second-round pick in 2001, allowed 10 sacks as a rookie and 111/2 the next season. he is still learning look at some of the best LT they gave up alot there first year so you dont no how he will turn out