Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots fan back for a recap

BlazeDaring

Morning all, I'm back.  I posted last week but my post got merged with another post (not sure why this happens here, doesn't happen on any other board).  Anyway, still not here to troll.  That was an exciting game.  Indy came much harder than I thought they would.  Couple observations.

1.  Refs were terrible on both sides but Indy definitely got the worse of it.  We all know that ball changes hands 3 or 4 times in those pile ups and so at one point NE might have had  possession and it was wrestled away but since you can't prove that I don't like that they won't overturn the call.  HUGE break for NE there.

2.  Indy was much more aggressive than I expected.  The onside kick after the pick 6 was brilliant.

3.  I don't know what to say about the fake punt.  Even Pagano's explanation of the reason for doing it doesn't make sense.  NE is too well coached for that stuff.  I listened to Roosevelt Colvin this morning (who now lives in Indy) and he even said they practiced that situation every week.  Different special teams formations and how to handle them.  Not sure what the thinking there was, not to mention the execution.

4.  Speaking of Indy coaching, what happened to that balanced offense in the first half. Crossing routes, check downs, back out of the backfield, mix in a run or two and Indy was moving.  In the second half it was all 20 yard outs and deep crosses.  Should have stuck to the short stuff and nickel and dime their way down field, keep Brady off the field.

5.  Edelman's finger looked like those mini hot dogs

6.  Brady was off.  Not accurate at all.  Easily his worse game which I will give Indy credit for.  Just enough pressure to keep him moving in the pocket.  The lack of healthy offensive linemen didn't help but its football.  Injuries are part of the game.

Overall a good game.  Thank you for letting me rant on your board.  Please don't merge this post with others since its the only one coming from a Pats fan its kinda different.  Everyone have a good week. 

thanks for the respectful post agree with a lot you said brady was off luck was rusty our defense stopped on 5 of 7 in the 2nd half which is a nice improvement ur o line is being scrutinized by BB right now I fully expect him to make adjustments there we handed that one to you guys on a silver platter :) see you in january

thanks for the respectful post agree with a lot you said brady was off luck was rusty our defense stopped on 5 of 7 in the 2nd half which is a nice improvement ur o line is being scrutinized by BB right now I fully expect him to make adjustments there we handed that one to you guys on a silver platter :) see you in January

Looking forward to it.  Of course it'll probably be in Foxboro.  In the cold and snow.  Advantage NE.  I'm so glad we don't have a dome.

Yeah, I disagree.  From the TV angles shown, it was a Patriots player who clearly landed on and secured the ball. At that point, the play is over, and just because a Colts player wrests it from the hands of the Patriots player does not make it Colts ball. 

LOL. Yes a Pat player landed on the ball and it immediately squirted out to his right . "Secured the ball" is a joke. 

Yeah, I disagree. From the TV angles shown, it was a Patriots player who clearly landed on and secured the ball. At that point, the play is over, and just because a Colts player wrests it from the hands of the Patriots player does not make it Colts ball.

A patriots player never had control of the ball. His hands never even touched it. He tried to jump on it. Was down around his left hip and popped out. They never had control of ball.

As I stated , if NE had possession and was wrestled away , I have no problem with the call. That did not happen. NE never had that ball. Here's what I would bet at least 10K on. The ref that awarded the ball to NE thought the player on the bottom that first touched the ball had recovered it. The replay showed 100% that he did not recover it . So if you see the player you thought recover the ball didn't... and then see the player that came out with the ball start to gather it in , you should reverse the call. Pretty obvious that the ball wasn't recovered by that O lineman. So why couldn't the official reviewing it ask the ref that awarded the ball to NE if that indeed is what he "thought" he saw. Pretty easy correction to right a brutal crappy call. 

Definitely Colts ball.  Not that it would have guaranteed a Colts' win but it certainly could have contributed.

As I stated , if NE had possession and was wrestled away , I have no problem with the call. That did not happen. NE never had that ball. Here's what I would bet at least 10K on. The ref that awarded the ball to NE thought the player on the bottom that first touched the ball had recovered it. The replay showed 100% that he did not recover it . So if you see the player you thought recover the ball didn't... and then see the player that came out with the ball start to gather it in , you should reverse the call. Pretty obvious that the ball wasn't recovered by that O lineman. So why couldn't the official reviewing it ask the ref that awarded the ball to NE if that indeed is what he "thought" he saw. Pretty easy correction to right a brutal crappy call. 

Every single NFL game in history, fans of both teams (especially the losing team) think they got shafted by the officials.  The truth is, it works out about equal.  Rarely are games decided by bad calls.  This was not even close to being the officlals fault the Colts lost.

Every single NFL game in history, fans of both teams (especially the losing team) think they got shafted by the officials.  The truth is, it works out about equal.  Rarely are games decided by bad calls.  This was not even close to being the officlals fault the Colts lost.

Never said it was . I just stated that that is a very flawed rule that allowed the ball to be aware to NE. 

Definitely Colts ball.  Not that it would have guaranteed a Colts' win but it certainly could have contributed.

The rules I think say the Colts have to show clear recovery of the ball to reverse that. My point is if that's true , they should put a provision to cover a situation like that as any * can deduce that the call was incorrect.

Morning all, I'm back.  I posted last week but my post got merged with another post (not sure why this happens here, doesn't happen on any other board).  Anyway, still not here to troll.  That was an exciting game.  Indy came much harder than I thought they would.  Couple observations.

1.  Refs were terrible on both sides but Indy definitely got the worse of it.  We all know that ball changes hands 3 or 4 times in those pile ups and so at one point NE might have had  possession and it was wrestled away but since you can't prove that I don't like that they won't overturn the call.  HUGE break for NE there.

2.  Indy was much more aggressive than I expected.  The onside kick after the pick 6 was brilliant.

3.  I don't know what to say about the fake punt.  Even Pagano's explanation of the reason for doing it doesn't make sense.  NE is too well coached for that stuff.  I listened to Roosevelt Colvin this morning (who now lives in Indy) and he even said they practiced that situation every week.  Different special teams formations and how to handle them.  Not sure what the thinking there was, not to mention the execution.

4.  Speaking of Indy coaching, what happened to that balanced offense in the first half. Crossing routes, check downs, back out of the backfield, mix in a run or two and Indy was moving.  In the second half it was all 20 yard outs and deep crosses.  Should have stuck to the short stuff and nickel and dime their way down field, keep Brady off the field.

6.  Brady was off.  Not accurate at all.  Easily his worse game which I will give Indy credit for.  Just enough pressure to keep him moving in the pocket.  The lack of healthy offensive linemen didn't help but its football.  Injuries are part of the game.

Overall a good game.  Thank you for letting me rant on your board.  Please don't merge this post with others since its the only one coming from a Pats fan its kinda different.  Everyone have a good week. 

Yes, good game it was. It's really the same story with the Patriots though- they commit very few errors and are a phenomenal team with respect to second half adjustments. The Colts are one of the poorer second half teams on the contrary. I credit the Colts resiliency last night, but all in all, the Colts commit too many penalties and self destructing plays and need to become a better second half team.

Yeah, I disagree.  From the TV angles shown, it was a Patriots player who clearly landed on and secured the ball. At that point, the play is over, and just because a Colts player wrests it from the hands of the Patriots player does not make it Colts ball. 

You obviously didn't see the angles that showed the NE player never came close to securing the ball.  It squirted out almost immediately as he fell on it.

Yeah, I disagree. From the TV angles shown, it was a Patriots player who clearly landed on and secured the ball. At that point, the play is over, and just because a Colts player wrests it from the hands of the Patriots player does not make it Colts ball.

Moncrief is a patriots player?

"Brady was off.  Not accurate at all.  Easily his worse game" get out of here with this nonsense.4 TD's is NOT a bad game.I see what you are trying to do there bub.Weak.By the way,Andrew had a bad game as well.All he had to do was connect with 2 or 3 of those mile high passes and that game was the Colts.