Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Freeman vs. Moore and Irving

Mr.Debonair

I thought both had solid games. Irving brought some thump in the run game, and Sio added more of a pass rush blitzing the QB and coverage. Both had a couple mistakes as well, but not back breakers. Irving had some pretty nice coverage on Foster on a pass play, but went for the ball and in turn couldn't make the tackle on Foster with an arm tackle. Sio had the penalty Roughing the Passer "spearing" the QB it wasn't blatant, but it was a good call going off of the rule book. All in all I thought both of them had a good game, and should see and increase in playing time mostly depending on defensive situations.

I was sick of seeing Blue and Foster getting those catches out of the backfield. It may have not been all on Irving but that is Freeman's strong suit.

I'll have to look at it schematically, but it's something about that Patriots style scheme no matter how many times we defend it the running back is always wide open in the passing game.  Actually I see that pass exploited by those who use that scheme quit a bit in other games.  I'm not quite sure what needs to be done to defend it.  It's real annoying though