Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 now number 3 on the depth chart

CR91

You are free to think he is a *.

I see him as an immature young man who thought he was bigger than he is. His actions and me focused attitude have reaped consequences with his coaching staff and teammates. He is paying for that & learning some very hard, humbling lessons right now. He needs to learn when to just shut his mouth and avoid social media. But the Redskin organization didn't do him any favors either. They ran him into the ground and then tried to force him into becoming something he is not. They literally derailed his future and are now acting like RG3's failure to live up to his promise is all on him. I am not a RG3 fan by any stretch but I've seen enough of the Skins to want to see him get another shot some place else. That whole situation is toxic for him right now.

Well, thanks for informing me I'm free tho think that.

The Redskins didn't run him into the ground. Shanahan tailored the offense that focused on his strengths and covered up his weaknesses. Was it Shanahan's fault that RG3 refused or was unable to protect himself? Game after game RG3 put himself in harms way instead of sliding and being satisfied with positive yardage. He even tried to defend his style of play to the media.....calling himself a "warrior".

The Redskins didn't run him into the ground. Shanahan tailored the offense that focused on his strengths and covered up his weaknesses. Was it Shanahan's fault that RG3 refused or was unable to protect himself? Game after game RG3 put himself in harms way instead of sliding and being satisfied with positive yardage. He even tried to defend his style of play to the media.....calling himself a "warrior".

True dat. But by the time that playoff game with Seattle rolled around it was obvious that RG3 was in bad shape and should have never been on the field. The man could hardly walk...he was shot up so he could play. You don't subject your franchise guy in his rookie season to that. Given their investment it was a foolish decision by the Skins. Even if RG3 claimed he was a warrior and demanded to play a coach worth his salt and an organization with any common sense would not have allowed it. They mortgaged their future for one playoff game that they wound up losing any way. In his rookie year. I lost all respect for Shanahan after that. If the Colts did that with Luck our fan base would have been livid. I live in Redskin territory and saw first hand the reaction of many Skins fans when RG3 was carted off that field. They were upset and devastated.

I'm not going to lie. Your post referring to the man as a turd rubbed me the wrong way. It came off to me as mockingly disrespectful of the man's name. I understand you meant it to be funny and to some it probably was. I was trying to be respectful to you so I just said my piece without specifically quoting your post or signaling you out in particular. I simply left my opinion as a general comment to apply to whoever it fit. No one is asking you to feel sorry for the guy. Opinions or criticisms of his play, personality, etc. are fair game and is to be expected.

Yeah it was a joke, I rhymed third with turd, sorry the 13 year old me came out, thought I qualified & acknowledged it by blaming my phones auto correct...

I was trying to be SILLY, not HATEFUL...

So if Robert read that, my sincere apologies, although I'd hope the NFL quarterback has a little thicker skin than all that...

All the best to Robert & his Redskins, may he watch them win the NFC East...

Yeah it was a joke, I rhymed third with turd, sorry the 13 year old me came out, thought I qualified & acknowledged it by blaming my phones auto correct...

I was trying to be SILLY, not HATEFUL...

So if Robert read that, my sincere apologies, although I'd hope the NFL quarterback has a little thicker skin than all that...

All the best to Robert & his Redskins, may he watch them win the NFC East...

It's all good. I got no issue with you Buck. Didn't really care for the joke per se but you are cool with me overall. I may have been a bit too sensitive about it as well.

True dat. But by the time that playoff game with Seattle rolled around it was obvious that RG3 was in bad shape and should have never been on the field. The man could hardly walk...he was shot up so he could play. You don't subject your franchise guy in his rookie season to that. Given their investment it was a foolish decision by the Skins. Even if RG3 claimed he was a warrior and demanded to play a coach worth his salt and an organization with any common sense would not have allowed it. They mortgaged their future for one playoff game that they wound up losing any way. In his rookie year. I lost all respect for Shanahan after that. If the Colts did that with Luck our fan base would have been livid. I live in Redskin territory and saw first hand the reaction of many Skins fans when RG3 was carted off that field. They were upset and devastated.

I agree that allowing him to play in the playoff game was foolish, but he was destined for injury problems anyway.

I agree that allowing him to play in the playoff game was foolish, but he was destined for injury problems anyway.

That's fair I think. With his style of play...it really is only a matter of time. He must learn to play smarter. Guys like Vick could walk that fine line. RG3 needs figure that out too if he wants to survive. The light isn't coming on though.

I'm also a big fan of Cousins. I don't think he's as bad as people think either. I wish the Redskins had a better line I think he'd show more potential. I'm a MSU fan so I'm also a Cook fan lol

And if the Redskins do bad enough under Cousins then the guy who succeeded him could make a good replacement. They had Redskin scouts watching him last year.

I'm a big fan of Cousins but you're probably right. I feel like he's actively competing against Connor Cook without even knowing it.

I have no doubts that Gruden has probably been scouting college QBs since he got the job. The Gruden's are QB gurus.

Can't argue with that. It's also clear that them keeping RG3 shows that they don't trust Cousins at all, but I also believe that Snyder is scared to death that if they cut him, Philly would pick him up & he'd come back to haunt them twice a year.

It is possible that he's not ready to play coming off that concussion. So it would make sense for McCoy to be the second guy in today. Maybe there's still a chance they want him to be #2 and get another chance if Cousins implodes .

At one time (recently I might add), I think that point was spot on.  Now I believe he has passed through concussion protocol and been cleared by an independent neurologist.  So not being moved back into QB #2 is telling.However, it is important to for Gruden to keep credibility, especially in light of things such as-

“Cousins gave the Redskins a better chance to win in 2015 than Griffin, whose struggles in Gruden’s timing-based offense were increasingly evident.

“And Gruden risked losing credibility with the team if he continued to preach competition and award starting jobs to the victors at every position except quarterback.”

I want to point out, that unless Griffin isn't allowed to practice at all likely an NFLPA / CBA violation), it is still a possibility he could suffer an injury, triggering the 16+ million payday next year. Even if he never sees the field in a game.

Can't argue with that. It's also clear that them keeping RG3 shows that they don't trust Cousins at all, but I also believe that Snyder is scared to death that if they cut him, Philly would pick him up & he'd come back to haunt them twice a year.

I think they have to keep him by default. At least until the season is over. You hope Cousins gets them to at least 9 wins. If he does it makes the transition smoother when you release him because you can say another QB outplayed him, rather than he was just a flat out bust.

I think the Redskins very silently want to move on from RGIII. They don't want have to deal with the inevitable ridicule they'll get for spending that much on a QB for him not to pan out.

At one time (recently I might add), I think that point was spot on.  Now I believe he has passed through concussion protocol and been cleared by an independent neurologist.  So not being moved back into QB #2 is telling.However, it is important to for Gruden to keep credibility, especially in light of things such as-

“Cousins gave the Redskins a better chance to win in 2015 than Griffin, whose struggles in Gruden’s timing-based offense were increasingly evident.

“And Gruden risked losing credibility with the team if he continued to preach competition and award starting jobs to the victors at every position except quarterback.”

I want to point out, that unless Griffin isn't allowed to practice at all likely an NFLPA / CBA violation), it is still a possibility he could suffer an injury, triggering the 16+ million payday next year. Even if he never sees the field in a game.

Agree and I've pointed out that practice issue and violation if he's unable to practice 2-3 times in these threads. For that reason I'm still thinking they cut him.

I think they have to keep him by default. At least until the season is over. You hope Cousins gets them to at least 9 wins. If he does it makes the transition smoother when you release him because you can say another QB outplayed him, rather than he was just a flat out bust.

I think the Redskins very silently want to move on from RGIII. They don't want have to deal with the inevitable ridicule they'll get for spending that much on a QB for him not to pan out.

1000% agree they want to rid themselves of him, but I still believe that Snyder is fearful he'd end up in Philly & destroy them year after year. Bottom line is that RG3 could never repay them Redskins back for how much they gave up to get him unless he helped them win a fistful of SBs.