Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Marshall cites race as factor in Tom Brady's suspension reversal

AndreRison

Wait...What? So Brandon thinks if Brady was a black QB vs a white one he'd have gotten treated more harshly or scrutinized more? That's ridiculous. Look, I understand institutionalized racism in society. I truly do, but this is not the case here because it's all about the infraction not the person themselves. 

I like you Marshall but that's so outlandish it's almost funny. The last thing Brady is racist or in your eyes is this reverse racism? I'm lost man. 

Brandon is speaking about multiple guys in the league that feel this way. I think it's more of a media thing. The media never backs a black athlete. When was the last time a black athlete got the benefit of the doubt?

I'm sure Michael Jordan would given huge latitude if he was embroiled in a scandal as a 6 time NBA Champion in the media. 

Before you even say Kobe Bryant is a 5 time NBA Champion that got dragged thru the mud as alleged rapist in Colorado remember Bryant's ego & superiority mindset didn't do him any favors. 

My point is this: Fans love winning athletes, but you must be self deprecating on & off the field which Kobe just isn't as "The Black Mamba." 

No, I don't think it has anything to do with race...we're talking about deflated footballs here, not some kind of major crime that the league should have suspended Brady 10 games for. I hate when the race card gets pulled. Like that high school referee incident...

I'm sure Michael Jordan would given huge latitude if he was embroiled in a scandal as a 6 time NBA Champion in the media.

Before you even say Kobe Bryant is a 5 time NBA Champion that got dragged thru the mud as alleged rapist in Colorado remember Bryant's ego & superiority mindset didn't do him any favors.

My point is this: Fans love winning athletes, but you must be self deprecating on & off the field which Kobe just isn't as "The Black Mamba."

Yeah I was thinking of Kobe. I don't think Brady is a man without an ego. He's no Andrew Luck. I'm a white middle aged man, so I don't really see it from Brandons perspective. He's talking about how the league treats its black players, in general. I see it more from a media perspective. Tom Brady had a governor come out and claim the NFL was after Brady because people were jealous of his good looks his fame and his hot wife. He wasn't the only one. There were people coming out of every crack defending Brady. I could never see that with a Black Athlete. I've been watching sports for 30 years, and it's never happened in my lifetime.