Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Supes' 2015 Qb Rankings

Superman

CM...folks have ben waiting for Peyton to fall since 2012. Reports have BEEN that his arm strength has waned...Eventually you will be right...but Denver is loaded....it wont be this year

I think the Broncos are going to be a disappointment this year. I am not really worried about them to be honest. Peyton doesn't look the same. The Pats, Ravens and maybe even the Steelers are bigger threats.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. everyone says 'if'....My point is:

A story line builds on itself. Some people say it some people then agree. It becomes 'conventional wisdom'

And those who agree are cited to back up the opinion.

I'm just saying that eventually..Peyton WILL get old and decline.

I'm just reminding folks that this was also said many. many times in 2012...and 2013....

The Father Time is Undefeated' line is very, very true.

But he was hurt at the end of last year...his only bad stretch since he came to Denver.

He's not hurt now. I think that sterch was misleading.

And Denver is loaded..the 'trade' of Owen Daniels for Julius Thomas will be a plus for them..

..and they added a quality left guard..and a new slot receiver you will see

...It will be easy to play well with a team like this. Peyton will be Top-3 or Top-2 (Rodgers is a clear No. 1) ..

Owen Daniels for Julius Thomas is a Plus ? Disagree with that one. Who is this new slot receiver ? What I see is if Sanders or D Thomas goes down , they are in huge trouble as Latimer is not impressing in the least. But maybe I missed a big signing ? Slot receiver added is who ?

Owen Daniels 33 TDs in 9 year career. Thomas 24 TD's in two years plus only was healthy for about 7-8 games last year. 

Owen Daniels for Julius Thomas is a Plus ? Disagree with that one. Who is this new slot receiver ? What I see is if Sanders or D Thomas goes down , they are in huge trouble as Latimer is not impressing in the least. But maybe I missed a big signing ? Slot receiver added is who ?

Owen Daniels 33 TDs in 9 year career. Thomas 24 TD's in two years plus only was healthy for about 7-8 games last year.

The key phrase is 'when he was healthy'...dw

You check back with me on that one midway through the season, .(because Julius is aleady hurt and out this Sunday)

Hold me to that statement please. Dont forget.

Owen Daniels for Julius Thomas is a plus....

Jordan Norwood is the slot guy...Watch Sunday..You will notice him.

Obviously if Sanders and Demariyus Thoams are hurt...you are right...Cant argue with that

The key phrase is 'when he was healthy'...dw

You check back with me on that one midway through the season, .(because Julius is aleady hurt and out this Sunday)

Hold me to that statement please. Dont forget.

Owen Daniels for Julius Thomas is a plus....

Jordan Norwood is the slot guy...Watch Sunday..You will notice him.

Obviously if Sanders and Demariyus Thoams are hurt...you are right...Cant argue with that

That's more than misleading to say that Daniels > Thomas. Like saying Bridgewater is better than Rodgers after Rodgers suffers an ACL injury. I would counter that by saying that when Manning was tearing it up J Thomas was a monster . He was a freak of nature that was uncover able in that Denver offense. Owens will not be that kind of a force. Yeah..he will have better stats when Thomas is on IR but signing Owen Daniels and losing D Thomas is not a plus situation. C'mon man one guy signs a 46 mill contract with 21 mill guaranteed and the other guy signs a 3 year deal making 2,75 in 2015 with 3 mill guaranteed for his entire deal.

They just didn't sign Norwood . he's not new. Denver signed him in 2014 and he missed the season with an ACL. According to what I read , he looked pretty good in camp that year. But he's a league minimum type guy. Undrafted and cut by the Browns , eagles , Browns again and the Tampa Bay, Pre draft shows him at 5'10" , 179 and running a 4.58. That's horrible but ya never know I guess. My point is they have 2 reliable receivers a 32 year old TE who is nothing  special . If EITHER (not "and " as you have ) get hurt they are really in trouble unless latimore comes through. 

But we don't know how Peyton's arm really is. My guess is that he can't take the rigors of a 16 game season as his body is starting to say no mass. But he's an all-time great and could make a monkey out of me. I hope he does as I'm still a big fan of his. By far my favorite non Colt player in the NFL. Class guy.

Check back with me at the end of the game, dw....

.....about the tight end who's nothing special...Julius Thomas didn't really play (I know he was out there sometimes)

..I think you know he was not reliable.... He was indeed a freak but he just didn't play every week....

...I know you're Peyton guy..as am I...

....I'm just a little sensitive to 'Peyton will fall off this year' and "his arm is shot' talk I've heard now for 3 years.

My only concern is that he only played 3 quarters in the pre-season.

////And the Norwood thing is something you'll just have to see

All I can say is: Check back we me after the game....

Tier 5 / ‘We’re stuck with this guy for now’: Dalton, Cutler, Foles, Hoyer, Cousins, McCown, Fitzpatrick, Taylor.

Not much needs to be said, right? Dalton has no playmaking ability, especially if he doesn’t have a top five receiver on the field. Cutler is a mess, Hoyer is somewhere between below average and bad, Cousins is a necessity because “RG3”, and Fitzpatrick is a necessity because Geno Smith got punched out in the locker room (probably the most bizarre offseason story, and that’s saying something). These guys are projected starters because their teams have contractual obligations and/or no better options, and I don’t think any of these teams will make the playoffs without significant adjustments in the next month, specifically because of QBing.

Notable backups: Garappolo (almost a starter, did well in preseason), Geno Smith, Cassel/Manuel, Mallett, Sanchez, Glennon, Mettenberger, Robert Griffin III (wow).

Here's my question.   How does Foles fit in the "we're stuck with this guy for now" category when the Rams traded for him AND then extended him? :P

Due to the situations he's been put in since being drafted, I'd put him in the "to be determined" group. 

There's a much bigger gap between Rodgers and Brady than there is between Brady and Manning. If I were making any change at the top, it would be to put Rodgers on his own.

The only reason I'm giving Brady the clear nod over Manning is because he was so good late against the Ravens and against the Seahawks. By the end of the season, he shook off whatever had been holding him back for the last year and a half, and played really well. But without that late push and Manning's injury, I'd have Manning ahead of him. Statistically speaking, it's not even close. And the last time they met in the playoffs, just a year ago, Manning was clearly better.

Brady is much better than Rodgers mentally . Rodgers is horrible when his team is behind, and he threw stupid INTs last year in the playoffs .

Physically he is amazingly gifted.

Luck is similar. All the physical tools, but no one can say that he yet has the mental maturity to be top 3.

Soon, perhaps.

Here's my question. How does Foles fit in the "we're stuck with this guy for now" category when the Rams traded for him AND then extended him? :P

Due to the situations he's been put in since being drafted, I'd put him in the "to be determined" group.

He doesn't really fit the tier title, but I think his talent level and room for growth are on par with the others in that tier. I know some like him more than I do.

Check back with me at the end of the game, dw....

.....about the tight end who's nothing special...Julius Thomas didn't really play (I know he was out there sometimes)

..I think you know he was not reliable.... He was indeed a freak but he just didn't play every week....

...I know you're Peyton guy..as am I...

....I'm just a little sensitive to 'Peyton will fall off this year' and "his arm is shot' talk I've heard now for 3 years.

My only concern is that he only played 3 quarters in the pre-season.

////And the Norwood thing is something you'll just have to see

All I can say is: Check back we me after the game....

One game does not make or break a year. But you told me to check back in and here I am...