Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis Removed From Pup List

MTC

Well, that's GREAT news! Whenever Mathis gets back, I sure hope that he'll contribute to this team the way he used to. A lot to ask, I know. However, that would be a HUGE shot in the arm to this defense. If not 100% physically, 100% psychologically.

He only adds value if he is pressuring the QB.

He only adds value if he is pressuring the QB.

There are many other ways he could add value, but your ability to incorrectly oversimplify a situation is impressive.

He could improve morale...

He could improve our ability to stop run plays moving laterally across the line of scrimmage...

He could become a better mentor for Newsome now that he is able to compete rather than just coach and cheer...

Yes, of course he's served his suspension. They can't punish you extra for getting injured during the suspension.

Sorry. I was unsure if he had to be on the 53 man roster to have his suspension count or what. Of course he shouldn't be double penalized. Hopefully he is healthy and clean and ready to rock!

Even if Mathis is only half as productive as he was in 2013, that is a massive upgrade. Imagine him on the other side of Cole with Newsome rotating in? We all of a sudden have a beast of a pash rush, our main problem last year. It will also take off pressure from Vontae and the rest of the secondary.

Even if Mathis is only half as productive as he was in 2013, that is a massive upgrade. Imagine him on the other side of Cole with Newsome rotating in? We all of a sudden have a beast of a pash rush, our main problem last year. It will also take off pressure from Vontae and the rest of the secondary.

Having a healthy rotation of pass rushers would be huge. If we can play with a lead and force teams to throw it would be nice to have a fresh rusher rotating in all the time. We may still have some weaknesses in the trenches but our pass rush should be rock solid if we stay healthy....its just that middle bothers me....NT, ILB, S that worries me....we are a little softer in the middle and I look for teams to attack us accordingly.

Having a healthy rotation of pass rushers would be huge. If we can play with a lead and force teams to throw it would be nice to have a fresh rusher rotating in all the time. We may still have some weaknesses in the trenches but our pass rush should be rock solid if we stay healthy....its just that middle bothers me....NT, ILB, S that worries me....we are a little softer in the middle and I look for teams to attack us accordingly.

I definitely don't disagree here. However, I'm excited to see what Irving brings to that position. A healthy Jones and Langford so far look better than what we had last year on the line. I think Parry and Anderson will provide quality death in the middle, what we lacked before. With safety, we will see. Lowery looks good, but isn't a star. Geathers has the potential to be a beast.

I definitely don't disagree here. However, I'm excited to see what Irving brings to that position. A healthy Jones and Langford so far look better than what we had last year on the line. I think Parry and Anderson will provide quality death in the middle, what we lacked before. With safety, we will see. Lowery looks good, but isn't a star. Geathers has the potential to be a beast.

I'm with you on Langford and Jones. I think thats an upgrade inside...just worried about NT. Chapman I had high hopes on just hasn't worked out as I expected. Irving I think can help in some sub-packages but not an every down player. Rookies look promising but they are unpredictable.