Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8/8/2015 Training Camp Thread

TKnight24

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Brown is playing his way on to the 53. He tore it up Wednesday night as well.

We talking about Vincent Brown the WR? If so we should consider trading one of our receivers next offseason if they all turn out well. We could get Bitonio from Cleveland since they're desperate for WRs

We talking about Vincent Brown the WR? If so we should consider trading one of our receivers next offseason if they all turn out well. We could get Bitonio from Cleveland since they're desperate for WRs

Jalil Brown, the CB...

He seems to be having a good camp, and by reports, a particularly good day today...

I'm kinda surprised the Colts do the Oklahoma drill....I just read an article in ESPN Magazine about it...and how few NFL teams do it these days. I think the Jags, Bengals, and maybe two other teams were mentioned (not the Colts though). Mostly out of fear of losing a big $$ player to injury...it's still widely used in college (yes at Oklahoma) and high school. A good bit of the article was about why it's even needed these days (concussions, head injuries, etc). Not trying to make this into a "concussion" debate at all. Just found it interesting. I remember the old HS days, dreaded that drill bc I was small and didn't get big until college....

Lol, sure they could get Bitonio. Easy peasy

I'm kinda surprised the Colts do the Oklahoma drill....I just read an article in ESPN Magazine about it...and how few NFL teams do it these days. I think the Jags, Bengals, and maybe two other teams were mentioned (not the Colts though). Mostly out of fear of losing a big $$ player to injury...it's still widely used in college (yes at Oklahoma) and high school. A good bit of the article was about why it's even needed these days (concussions, head injuries, etc). Not trying to make this into a "concussion" debate at all. Just found it interesting. I remember the old HS days, dreaded that drill bc I was small and didn't get big until college....

It's the first time they've ever done it since Pagano has been the coach. 

It's the first time they've ever done it since Pagano has been the coach. 

Im glad they started to do it to, Quite honestly I'd have to say outside of 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 I think the Oklahoma Dill just might be the best drill we have done in TC for the D/O Lines. Another drill I'd like to see is the Half Line drill

Im glad they started to do it to, Quite honestly I'd have to say outside of 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 I think the Oklahoma Dill just might be the best drill we have done in TC for the D/O Lines. Another drill I'd like to see is the Half Line drill

It's dangerous and risky. I understand why teams don't use it anymore. But it seems like we got off without any injuries in this one. I wouldn't want to see them do it every day, but once or twice during camp seems reasonable. It's the one time they really fire with live bullets before the preseason opener. 

It's dangerous and risky. I understand why teams don't use it anymore. But it seems like we got off without any injuries in this one. I wouldn't want to see them do it every day, but once or twice during camp seems reasonable. It's the one time they really fire with live bullets before the preseason opener. 

Certainly is dangerous and risky but to me no more risky then playing a teams starting unit in the 3rd game of the preseason deep into the game. It don't count in the win loss column yet teams will still do it

Certainly is dangerous and risky but to me no more risky then playing a teams starting unit in the 3rd game of the preseason deep into the game. It don't count in the win loss column yet teams will still do it

The trade off in the third preseason game is that your team is working to get ready for the regular season. Risk/reward is entirely different.

The trade off in the third preseason game is that your team is working to get ready for the regular season. Risk/reward is entirely different.

Against vanilla defenses and offenses? (mostly)Risk/reward is still the same I think...Starter gets injured in game three then your out a starter...Starter gets injured in Oklahoma drill then your out a starter....Either way your out a starter

Against vanilla defenses and offenses? (mostly)Risk/reward is still the same I think...Starter gets injured in game three then your out a starter...Starter gets injured in Oklahoma drill then your out a starter....Either way your out a starter

Risk is the same. Reward is entirely different. Players going live against other teams, against other schemes, in a highly competitive setting, is more valuable than hitting your own teammates in a drill. 

Risk is the same. Reward is entirely different. Players going live against other teams, against other schemes, in a highly competitive setting, is more valuable than hitting your own teammates in a drill. 

Good point, I still do think the drill has its place though

Good point, I still do think the drill has its place though

There's a prevailing theory that the new bargaining agreement on less hitting in practice has resulted in more injuries. We all know that stats can be skewed to prove any point, but there's no doubt that injuries have increased since the new rule has been in effect.

Of course this doesn't support or condemn the OK drill.